Antonio Conte (44 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And really, I am not upset because we didn't dominate a team like Real, but because we were so clueless in the first 2 games.
Well, there was llorente not ready yet (can you blame him) so with matri gone, we lacked a poacher (not that matri is a good one)

And individual form was dramatic. I dont get why our defence form was THAT dramatic

- - - Updated - - -

:lol2:

Turn on your VHS tapes and watch again.
We were evenly matched in madrid, and better at home

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
You are talking about player misses ?

How can you discount the FACT that we've played an AWFUL BRAND OF FOOTBALL in Europe ? Barely creating chances,clueless in teh final third Misplaced passes all over and even the defensive howlers should be pointed towards the coach too because it has happened often not just one or two times.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:howler:

1 win out of 6 games and the coach shouldnt be blamed for this.You just took it to a new level.
Have you ever seen a team trow 4 games away because of individual mistakes ?

4 times, the opponent couldnt break our massive formation down. and then we gifted.

i hope nainngolan breaks his leg. i don't want him at juve.
whats the alternative ? we need a CM

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Well, there was llorente not ready yet (can you blame him) so with matri gone, we lacked a poacher (not that matri is a good one)

And individual form was dramatic. I dont get why our defence form was THAT dramatic

- - - Updated - - -

We were evenly matched in madrid, and better at home
Tevez - Quag/Mirko weren't good enough to beat Copenhagen? Is that what you're saying?

And Llorente is not even a poacher. We'd be fucked if we considered him a poacher when we got him.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He IS limited, you cant fault it all on players when you win 1 out of 4 games vs inferior opponents...
I'm not blaming entirely players and numerous times I've said that his choice of tactics and teams mentality can be obstacle in Europe; but considering that he's a relatively young coach, only 2nd season in Europe for him, I'd give him a slack. He'll learn from that. Saying that he's limited is abstract term; what is his limitation consisted from? Tactical stubbornness, choice of players, mentality? Everyone will see it rather differently and the way I see it some of our players have been performing above their capabilities in the past 3 years; some will agree over tactics; others will find it perfectly fine to sit back and wait for opponents to come at us.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'm not blaming entirely players and numerous times I've said that his choice of tactics and teams mentality is the big obstacle in Europe; but considering that he's a relatively young coach, only 2nd season in Europe for him, I'd give him a slack. He'll learn from that. Saying that he's limited is abstract term; what is his limitation consisted from? Tactical stubbornness, choice of players, mentality? Everyone will see it rather differently and the way I see it some of our players have been performing above their capabilities in the past 3 years; some will agree over tactics; others will find it perfectly fine to sit back and wait for opponents to come at us.
I don't think he will. So far he has been very stubborn. In the league it doesn't backfire much because we play alone.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
When at half time you start complaints about weather, pitch and other things out of your hand you are only making your players lose focus.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I'm not blaming entirely players and numerous times I've said that his choice of tactics and teams mentality can be obstacle in Europe; but considering that he's a relatively young coach, only 2nd season in Europe for him, I'd give him a slack. He'll learn from that. Saying that he's limited is abstract term; what is his limitation consisted from? Tactical stubbornness, choice of players, mentality? Everyone will see it rather differently and the way I see it some of our players have been performing above their capabilities in the past 3 years; some will agree over tactics; others will find it perfectly fine to sit back and wait for opponents to come at us.
I think he got the memo this time around seeing as he didn't get it when Bayern trashed us last season. 5-3-2 has to go we need attacking players in Europe. We can get away with playing people out of position and not having the right attacking players in the league but not in Europe.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Maybe it was mentioned already, but compare Conte's approach in serie A/ Europe, to Mourinho's approach in serie A and Europe when Inter won it.

Mourinho realized that what worked for him in serie A fails in Europe, so he even put Pandev and Eto'o on the wings of a 4-2-3-1. In Serie A he was using another system, but in Europe he chose an entirely different formation. He adapted. Conte couldn't adapt and he used Pepe's absence as an excuse.

I feel sorry for this Juve generation. Individually we have really strong players. But with Pirlo, Barzagli, Buffon, Vucinic, soon Chiellini, Licht, Tevez in their 30's, it's gonna take some other Juventus to do well in the CL and make the last stages. Last year things could be blamed on inexperience in the CL. That's why we were happy with the 1/4 finals. But this year we simply had to adapt to European football. Conte stubbornly refused to do so, both in the summer mercato and after it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)