Antonio Conte (146 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
That's not the way we play, Bonucci is asked to sit back because we're supposed to have a pressuring mammoth in Chiellini who does that job. Bonucci has great positioning and he executes his job very well when Chiello is on form. Would you rather have Chiellini sit back, with his amateur positioning and have the physically weaker player, Bonucci, attack? Or would you have to guys attack the ball so a simple flick on results in a 100% chance? Use your head
Agree about positioning disagreed about getting the job done, look at the Copenhagen Mellberg goal. He was there behind Mellberg marking no one, and look at his poor attempt to block. Instead of rushing to close down space, he just turns away, thats what Bonucci has been most of the time. Also look at our set piece defending, he is usually marking the weaker players because he's not that good.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
yeah but you're forgetting neymar, fabregas, iniesta, sanchez, xavi, bale, benzema, di maria, etc.
Neymar? Bale? Wtf? Those players just joined their new teams, haven't done shit yet. I'm talking about those last 5-6 years, Barcelona would never have achieved what they did without Messi, no matter how good their tiki-taka system was, messi was the single reason. Both would be half the team they are without him and Ronaldo.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Neymar? Bale? Wtf? Those players just joined their new teams, haven't done shit yet. I'm talking about those last 5-6 years, Barcelona would never have achieved what they did without Messi, no matter how good their tiki-taka system was, messi was the single reason. Both would be half the team they are without him and Ronaldo.
that's funny because spain won the world cup with tiki taka. and if they didn't have messi they'd have some other top striker. messi is not the single reason. if he was argentina would have won the world cup.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
If i see the 5-3-2 next season i will vomit. 0 attacking threat in the team apart from 2 strikers. We should have never signed Tevez but Conte wanted to play 5-3-2 for the next 10 years as Juve coach. Our 4-3-3 won us the league i dont know why he changed the formation to just copy Mazzari for the sake of it.

- - - Updated - - -

that's funny because spain won the world cup with tiki taka. and if they didn't have messi they'd have some other top striker. messi is not the single reason. if he was argentina would have won the world cup.
Spain were winning before the Tika-Taka of Guardiola. Del Bosque already took over a winning team any coach could have won with that Spanish team. I actually think Del Bosque made Spain play worse when he took over from the other manager. I bet Mancini could have won with Spain they were that good.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Not really a good argument, Messi took his time to adapt to Argentina's system just like Neymar did at Brazil. Besides it's easier to win a World Cup when you biggest adversaries are a weak Argentina, a shitty Brazil, an outdated Italy and a half-assed Germany. Things will be different next year. But back to Conte...

Not entirely his fault. We were unable to score against Copenhagen and the players are to blame. Chiellini fucked it up bigtime against Real Madrid and made us lose that match, Caceres fucked it up on the second leg and made us lose at least a point. Again, too much critic and/or is given to the coach, the team didn't deserve it and got what was coming.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Can he learn from this and make us a respected/feared team in Europe? If not, then we shouldn't extend his contract. Serie A is a joke nowadays, so not winning it would be even more embarrassing/humiliating than this CL elimination.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
It was pretty much job training when we got relegated, this guy drove us out of a shithole. His first European experience wasn't bad, we lost to the best team in that tournament. And he might be to blame for not even getting past group stage this time but you guys give managers TOO MUCH credit.

Both Real Madrid and Barcelona are very dependable on Ronaldo and Messi, they'd be nothing without them. We don't have a Ronaldo or Messi, hell, 2 seasons back we had the most average team you can think of and just because we got Tevez, who's...Let's be honest, a 2nd-rate striker when compared to the top players, we weren't gonna turn into a CL contender.
:tup:
when you see the faults of the current Milan and ManUtd, you see what they are trying to do. They are willing to sacrifice midfield or defence for that fuoriclasse forward. That fouriclasse is what takes them to the latter stages of the UCL. It worked even for Galatasaray with Drogba and Sneijder.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Can he NOT use the 352 in CL anymore?

We got knocked out in the quarters last year. This year we didn't even pass the Group stages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 142)