Antonio Conte (29 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I don't understand the 'change the system' crowd - and I say this as someone who disliked (and still dislikes) systems based on three central defenders long before Juve Juve started playing that way.

Juve aren't playing well when in possession just now, but they are still scoring enough goals to win games.

The real issue is Juve's determination to make stupid mistakes to ensure the opposition scores every single time they make it into Juve's half, and I don't see how a system change is going to improve that side of things.
You have to admit that when teams have put 9 men behind the ball against us we've looked lost in attack until either a tactical change was made or our opponents tired out or lost concentration in the later moments of the second halves. You can't bet on only being able to make clear scoring opportunities for 20-30 minute windows of a match.The 3-5-2 can be cause for congestion in midfield made worse by negative tactics used against us. The remedy for that is to play with width but Lichtsteiner and Asamoah just cannot attack competently. I won't speak too soon but a 4-3-3 could open things up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Yuckerini

Sep 25, 2013
You have to admit that when teams have put 9 men behind the ball against us we've looked lost in attack until either a tactical change was made or our opponents tired out or lost concentration in the later moments of the second halves. You can't bet on only being able to make clear scoring opportunities for 20-30 minute windows of a match.The 3-5-2 can be cause for congestion in midfield made worse by negative tactics used against us. The remedy for that is to play with width but Lichtsteiner and Asamoah just cannot attack competently. I won't speak too soon but a 4-3-3 could open things up.
personally I prefer licht as a RB, because he would always time his runs perfectly and pirlo would switch the play. now the opposition is well aware of when licht will make his runs. and yes the 433 would give our midfield more passing options and would therefore give Tevez tremendous amount of support. Quag as LW Llorente as CF and Tevez as a RW would be a dream lineup for tomorrow

Dec 31, 2008
“We can still bring enthusiasm to the fans in this third year. I am not remotely surprised that people are trying to destabilise the collective and damage the club’s environment,” said Conte in his Press conference.
“We haven’t lost yet and these murmurs are the enemy, the enemy that is hiding in every corner. All of it can cause us problems, but I am relaxed as we work hard, so there’s nothing to recriminate.”
“We are getting our players back towards their best shape. In Serie A we are fighting against a super Roma side who have won six out of six, while we won five and drew one, so at the moment we are where we expected to be.
“We seem to be in this situation where if we don’t win then people say we’re worthless, but I understand that. I remember last season early on we had fortunate victories over Genoa and Siena. As you can see, last year it wasn’t an easy journey either.
“I repeat, criticism of Juventus is predictable. We are well aware that we can always improve, especially at the start of the season, but the same people panicking now are the ones who a few weeks ago said we’d be unstoppable. I’m used to it and these comments have become funny to me, like hearing a joke.
“In Europe we had more shots on goal than any other team, which is an important and positive statistic. There were a few too many individual errors, but these things can happen. I have faith in my lads.”
“It is a challenge between two great teams who are targeting the Scudetto,” insisted Conte.
“If Milan had not been up against this Juventus over the last two years, they would’ve won one or even both those titles. The Rossoneri have an excellent group of players who have belief in their qualities and for three seasons have been consistently at the top of Italian football.
“This will certainly be a match between two teams who can take theScudetto. Alessandro Matri? I hope he doesn’t start scoring in a Milan shirt against us! He’s an excellent player and a lovely guy who will go far.”

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm not going to dispute that Juve aren't playing very well just now.

I don't see that the issue goes an awful lot deeper than that, though.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The issue is that we don't actually have a winger bar Pepe. A case can be made for Gio but Conte probably and rightly thinks he doesn't give defensive assurance. Also I'm not surprised we aren't going to change things up against Milan, given we are lacking our actual right back and RW. I do agree a change of some sort is needed but really we need to start taking our chances and stop conceding so stupidly.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
The issue is that we don't actually have a winger bar Pepe. A case can be made for Gio but Conte probably and rightly thinks he doesn't give defensive assurance. Also I'm not surprised we aren't going to change things up against Milan, given we are lacking our actual right back and RW. I do agree a change of some sort is needed but really we need to start taking our chances and stop conceding so stupidly.
the change is not needed in serie A. it's for the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure he played mainly as a CB. I doubt he'll be a good LB
he won't be the best LB in the world but he will be good enough. especially defensively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quagliarella is a CF and by no means a winger

Ogbonna is by no means a LB, he hasn't even played there for Torino

RAKIBOMB
quagliarella is actually an SS not a CF and he can defenatly play on the right wing as he has played there before.

Ogbonna as played at left back and left centre back so he should be secure in that position. he won't be superb but he will be good. he also has good pace and ok crossing so he can cross the ball in the box.

GIANBOMB

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Raki.....

Ogbonna at left-back is a retarded suggestion, even if he HAS played there before. His attributes inform us that he does not belong in that position. Put Chiellini at LB, and keep Bonucci in the team, paired at centraback alongside Barzagli.

- - - Updated - - -

JEMBOMB!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)