Antonio Conte (222 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Antonio Conte has reportedly told his Juventus squad that he expects his substituted players to take a seat on the bench once they are replaced.

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, the tactician reminded his squad of such rules following Andrea Pirlo’s actions at the weekend.

The Italian international opted to head directly to the changing rooms after being replaced by Claudio Marchisio in the 66th minute of the win against Verona.

“I will tell Andrea that when he leaves the field after being substituted, he must remain on the bench and wait for his teammates,” Conte said on Sunday.

“The good thing is that he has rested for 25 minutes and will be ready for Chievo Verona.”

The former Milan player was also taken off by Conte in the 1-1 draw at Inter, although that change came in the 86th minute.

Pirlo, 34, will be out of contract at the end of the season.
Fancy Conte taking a 34 year old player off in consecutive second halves :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Fancy Conte taking a 34 year old player off in consecutive second halves :(
He has actually learned how to rotate. Last season when he rotated a bit we didn't get the results and was forced to bring on the players who he was trying to rest. That is the only reason why i think he took his time to rotate this season. Vidal, Tevez and Pirlo should be the first players to be rested in the squad for me because they are to important for the team in CL matches.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
“We’ve only had one day in which to prepare for the game, as yesterday was a warm-down for those who played on Sunday. I’ll continue to rotate the side because we’re in the middle of an important run of games, with Torino, Galatasaray and Milan coming after tomorrow’s encounter.
“It’s not easy because facing three games in such a short space of time means you have to take certain risks. Having said that, it’s right to do so as I’ve always gained positive responses from those I’ve asked to come in.”
“We’ve noticed that the opposition often change the way they play when they come up against Juventus. It’s difficult because you find yourselves facing teams like Verona who man mark up to eight of your players, leaving just Barzagli and Ogbonna free. It’s not easy to play football in this way, even though we had plenty of opportunities to score.
“Whoever we come up against always plays the game of their lives and alters their game plan to stop us from playing. This will be another obstacle in our quest for the title. It will be extremely difficult to retain our Scudetto crown this year.”
“We’ve gone a goal behind in the last three games and I hope it doesn’t become a habit. The last two have come from dead ball situations - we need to improve and make our defence our most lethal weapon.”
“Carlos is doing an excellent job and has definitely brought us added character and substance, but let’s not take anything away from the players who have won two Scudetto titles without him. My style of play doesn’t depend on individuals and it never will.”
“Seba has done very well whenever he’s come on and is a fine player who couples quality with pace. He’s part of the pool of five strikers and will be considered when I think the moment’s right.”

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We have so many more games i comparison to inter and roma.....

Like Conte said.. it will be VERY difficult to retain our crown this year. Last year for exmple... Napoli did a good run... this year they are going all in for that scudetto. The resurgence of Rossi in Fiorentina and the new inspiration found from Roma and INter are another points to take in consideration.

The positive of all this, is that SerieA is looking competitive again.... since who knows when. Now there are 4 or 5 teams capableof getting the sucdetto.... in comparison with 4 or 5 years ago and the milan bitches dominated everything.

enzo

May 14, 2012
True words. But Napoli shouldn't be too confident, their defense still is their weakness. They might as well stumble and fall soon. Then, we will see if they are a real title contender.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Problems.

I read he refused to shake the hand of Mister after being substituted
Bossman wouldn't have had to sub him if things were working for the team while he was out there. Tactically or performance-wise the decision was made by the man in charge and the players should recognize who is in charge and take it like a man.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Bossman wouldn't have had to sub him if things were working for the team while he was out there. Tactically or performance-wise the decision was made by the man in charge and the players should recognize who is in charge and take it like a man.
Conte has been a bitch as of late with the subs... but in no way is ok to show disrepect to him. I mean, if theres a rule that no one goes to the showers before the endgame... then just dont. Kind of simple.

Also, the Pirlo sub was spot on.

Dec 31, 2008
“As far as Pirlo is concerned, there was no need for a clarification because he didn’t do anything which was not allowed,” Conte noted.
“Before it, there had never been the need to have a rule, but from now on there is a rule and it is valid for all players.
“The rule is that when a player leaves the pitch, unless he is injured and is on a stretcher and has to see the doctor, he has to stay on the bench to watch the match with his teammates.
“This rule didn’t exist before, but now it exists and it has to be followed by everyone otherwise players will have to pay a fine to the club and will have to remain out of the squad for a month.”

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
Conte bringing swagger back to Juventus

Published: Wednesday 25 September 2013, 10.20CET

Antonio Conte tells Champions Matchday about bringing a swagger back to Juventus, why Andrea Pirlo is so good and his forthcoming reunion with Carlo Ancelotti.

Juventus may have suffered the slight setback of a 1-1 draw at FC København on the opening day of the UEFA Champions League but after two straight Serie A triumphs under Antonio Conte, they remain many people's tip for a third European title.

Coach Conte – a player in Juve's last continental success of 1996 – spoke to the new edition of Champions Matchday magazine, out today, about bringing the swagger back to the club, what he learned from Marcello Lippi, and the double-header with old boss Carlo Ancelotti's Real Madrid CF which follows next Wednesday's trip to Galatasaray AŞ.

You have brought success and swagger back to the Bianconeri ...

Juventus are among those powerhouses who have always needed to win, and along with Milan and Inter have won the most in Italy and also on a European level. Success is not just important, but the only thing that counts. You try to work hard to achieve victories and fill the cabinet with more new and prestigious trophies next to the ones already won.

You know what it means to win the UEFA Champions League with Juve ...

Although I had the occasion and talent to win a lot in my career, that [1996 victory against AFC Ajax in Rome] was the greatest one, my best satisfaction in football, because of the atmosphere, our way of getting there, the evening in general. The Champions League has something magical and every player, every coach and every club would like to lift the trophy with the big ears at least once.

Marcello Lippi was your coach at the time. Did you learn a lot from him?

I shared most of the success I achieved in my career with Mr Lippi as coach. We won five league titles, the Champions League, [European/South American] Cup, [UEFA] Super Cup. It was a path we took together. I learned [from him] and appreciated his motivation. We played like now – on Sunday, Wednesday and Sunday again – and he managed to get us to forget the success of the match before, instead jumping to the next. That's a big thing.

What makes Andrea Pirlo so good?

Andrea Pirlo has more than 100 caps
Players like Andrea are hard to find, because they have such extraordinary ball technique. He brings calm to the team in possession and anticipates play. Adding those talents to an organised system where everybody knows what they have to do, his qualities come out even better. Andrea doesn't run any less than before. I have studied the statistics and he is in the top ten players who have run the most in the Champions League. Physical strength is not his talent, it's his brain and his feet. He makes the collective stand out.

Your games against Real Madrid look fascinating ...

I said last season before the quarter-final that it was important to understand [where we were along the path] that started two years ago – Bayern gave us a lot of answers. This season the team have more experience and that's important. A lot of our players were playing in the Champions League for the first time last term. In Real Madrid we are facing one of the most ambitious teams, because of their history, their investments and their hunt for a tenth title. It will be a nice challenge – and an indicator of how we are developing.

You face Carlo Ancelotti, who coached you as a player ...

It's quite a few years since Carlo coached me. I spent two years with him, and they were wonderful, intense times. It was inevitable we'd meet again, coach to coach. That means he is getting old. Me too!

Link: http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...049.html#conte+bringing+swagger+back+juventus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 212)