Antonio Conte (221 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I would say that's BS.

With Pirlo our only creative outlet on the pitch, having started Quatri upfront, it was a walk in the park for Bayern to contain us. Conte's tactics, and inability to make a quick decision to change things up when we were obviously completely out of the match, had a major role to play in that failure.

No doubt Bayern are superior as a team, but not by the margin displayed in yesterday's game, and that simply comes down to Tactics and mentality.
Fucking spot on, especially the part about them not being so superior as yesterdays game showed. That is what many should remember and realise that Juve wont make the same mistake twice. Conte isnt experienced. He has major potential to be one of the greats but not just yet. Its his first season in the CL and that is really something. Its not only Conte's first season but most of our players play in the CL for the first time (or second).

We will have to wait and see what happens. We are all allowed to hope and dream since football has shown sooooo many times that it is a game of many surprises and miracles.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I think we're pretty much even with them - besides their two insanely effective wingers. That's a true "x factor" they have over us.

As others have said, they are better than us, but not by a massive margin. Hopefully Conte sorts out his tactics and gets the lads fired up and believing in themselves for the next game. It's going to be extremely difficult, but it can be done.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I think we're pretty much even with them - besides their two insanely effective wingers. That's a true "x factor" they have over us.
I agree there is not as much between the team as the match of yesterday would suggest, but the difference between the two teams isn't that much in term of players imo - more like in term of collective and tactics.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck Rib Airy. A truly disgusting human being, albeit an extremely talented footballer. Vidal should't expect an apology from a crass cunt who molests children and rapes hot women.

Edit: Wrong thread :sergio:

I believe Conte will sort his tactics out, in time for the 2'nd leg. Conte will not repeat the same mistakes twice. The only way is up with this man :touched: :heart:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
$#@! Rib Airy. A truly disgusting human being, albeit an extremely talented footballer. Vidal should't expect an apology from a crass $#@! who molests children and $#@!s hot women.

Edit: Wrong thread :sergio:

I believe Conte will sort his tactics out, in time for the 2'nd leg. Conte will not repeat the same mistakes twice. The only way is up with this man :touched: :heart:
Your positivity scares me :shifty:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Nothing is impossible, and it costs nothing to dream.

I just wish we'd be less predictable and more dynamic in attack. Hence, why I'd like us to sign Sanchez and Muriel, players who attack at pace, and would potentially make us scary on the counter. We also need to make more use of free kicks and set pieces, as a lot of them go to waste. Moreover, we also need to encourage our players to shoot more/get into shooting positions, as guys like Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio, and Quag are dangerous from long range.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

I just wish we'd be less predictable and more dynamic in attack. Hence, why I'd like us to sign Sanchez and Muriel, players who attack at pace, and would potentially make us scary on the counter. We also need to make more use of free kicks and set pieces, as a lot of them go to waste. Moreover, we also need to encourage our players to shoot more/get into shooting positions, as guys like Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio, and Quag are dangerous from long range.
I have never seen a team waste so many corners with short passes that fizzle into nothing.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Sanchez and Muriel? They'd choke just as badly if not worse than Quag and Matri

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Italy has some of the highest tax-rates around. People with a certain amount of income (the higher the income, the more you will be taxed in Italy) could end up paying as much as 50 % of their salaries in tax. Foreigners who work abroad often want net-salary contracts (this is the norm, I used to handle a few contracts like these last year when I was working at a law/accounting-firm), which means that to pay a player who would command a 10 million euro net salary per annum, Juventus would have to dish out up to 20 million euros per year in salaries for that player.

It's just not possible to compete at the moment, with Italy being the way it is.

To make matters worse, the tax laws are only one obstacle that hinders Italy from being competitive right now. We're also talking about one of the countries in Europe which has been hit the hardest by the financial crisis. The unemployment rate is consistently growing, meaning the buying-power of the every day consumer is decreasing (people spend less on gametickets, merchandise, paytv etc.). Then there's infrastructure and the current state of stadiums etc.

So Conte was absolutely right about what he said.
Why do you bring facts into the usual pointless discussion. No one cares about them :D

We have spent enough cash to create a competitive team, but unfortunately most was wasted in many mediocre players.
Whats worse is our inability to sell players for decent sums, prime examples are Amauri, Diego, Matri and Melo, 4 players worthy of 100mil and we cant recover not even 30% of that...
I know it's Cronios, but this one was too good not to quote :rofl:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Italy has some of the highest tax-rates around. People with a certain amount of income (the higher the income, the more you will be taxed in Italy) could end up paying as much as 50 % of their salaries in tax. Foreigners who work abroad often want net-salary contracts (this is the norm, I used to handle a few contracts like these last year when I was working at a law/accounting-firm), which means that to pay a player who would command a 10 million euro net salary per annum, Juventus would have to dish out up to 20 million euros per year in salaries for that player.

It's just not possible to compete at the moment, with Italy being the way it is.

To make matters worse, the tax laws are only one obstacle that hinders Italy from being competitive right now. We're also talking about one of the countries in Europe which has been hit the hardest by the financial crisis. The unemployment rate is consistently growing, meaning the buying-power of the every day consumer is decreasing (people spend less on gametickets, merchandise, paytv etc.). Then there's infrastructure and the current state of stadiums etc.

So Conte was absolutely right about what he said.
Actually, when the crisis were at its highest, Italy weren't hit hard. It couldn't get much worse and the banks had been conservative with their lendings.

Edit: Reid, Søren, read. Sorry, Jem and goodnight.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
One of my best friends, who lives in Genoa, constantly reminds me how bad it is down there right now.

Here is some reading, for those who are interested:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/economics-blog/2013/feb/19/italy-sick-man-of-europe
http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/02/14/288969/italy-unemployment-hits-alarming-levels/
http://www.spiegel.de/international...ling-as-euro-crisis-visits-rome-a-838598.html
http://soberlook.com/2012/05/italys-recession-becoming-severe.html
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/italy/unemployment-rate

We cannot pretend that it's possible to run a club completely independent of the country it operates in. We are doing a remarkable job at staying competitive, in these current circumstances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 212)