Antonio Conte (146 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is no conspiracy and all that bs, it's something that generally happened in the lower leagues and a few susceptible individuals in average Serie A teams. The fact that two Juve individuals are caught up on it is because of incidents involving their former clubs. The basis of Conte's involvement is the word of one suspicious individual against that of many others. Bonucci's involvement is based on suspicion of Bari games and some of his team mates.

Of course the Milan media will use it to highlight any involvement from Juve personnel. It doesn't have anything to do with this season or our scudetto, that's just bitterness on their part. But what really does make me laugh is the approach to this in contrast to the approach in 2006 to evidence handling. Where were all these police in 2006, why were they not arresting 75 officials from 2/3 of Serie A clubs? The same scattergun approach wasn't taken then.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Did you exist in 1988?
yes. Look at my birth date :) and why do you ask?

---------- Post added 28.05.2012 at 11:47 ----------

This is no conspiracy and all that bs, it's something that generally happened in the lower leagues and a few susceptible individuals in average Serie A teams. The fact that two Juve individuals are caught up on it is because of incidents involving their former clubs. The basis of Conte's involvement is the word of one suspicious individual against that of many others. Bonucci's involvement is based on suspicion of Bari games and some of his team mates.

Of course the Milan media will use it to highlight any involvement from Juve personnel. It doesn't have anything to do with this season or our scudetto, that's just bitterness on their part. But what really does make me laugh is the approach to this in contrast to the approach in 2006 to evidence handling. Where were all these police in 2006, why were they not arresting 75 officials from 2/3 of Serie A clubs? The same scattergun approach wasn't taken then.
:tup: one the best posts in here. + rep

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What I fail to understand is why the World Cup of 2002 is not being investigated. There we have an organisation that we know is corrupt, we have refeers we know are corrupt and we have mistakes that cannot be explained within the normal margins of error.

If there was ever a scandal it was that one. Calcioscomesse and Calciopoli don't even come close. Until the WC of 2002 is investigated, I won't even consider those two.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you start going into FIFA events then you end up changing the dynamic of football history. Many would prefer to have blissful ignorance on the subject, but football is not protected from corruption and never has been.

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Hope the word of the best manager this season in Europe (undefeated in the league) is better than some mediocre serie b or lega pro player who is only saying things to become famous.

Conte has been excellent this season - absolute class, unlike Galliani and Moratti who still own the referees.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
Mr. Conte could very well be acquited from all the minimum allegations about his involvement in the scandal. The fact that he was not arrested speaks for itself. The sooner his name is cleared the better for Juventus and our summer mercato.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
:sergio: - this is why it gets tiresome being a juve a fan sometimes - I can take poor seasons, but to continualy get this bullshit attributed to our team is just tiring - especially when the first thing out of everyones mouth when they find out I support juve is "match-fixing"...the ammount of rants that have been given in return never ends it. Grrr.

(i say attribute to us - i found out about this because a friend send me a message baiting me about "juve are at it again")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)