Antonio Conte (155 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
will be interesting to see what kind of signings he will ask for this summer.

this Juve squad has shown that theoretically it is capable of playing any formation.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I don't mind the lineup at all. If we had gotten that corner, Napoli would never get a PK :D

Anyways.. De Sanctis had three great saves. One on Marchisio, Pepe and Vucinic. The match could have gone either way.. We didn't show up with the right mentality, but we were unlucky imo.

The coppa was for the players that didn't play much/reserves. It would be hypocritical to play our 100% best players in the final.

Thanks to Antonio Conte and the rest of the team for an extraordinary season.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not to forget the

11-0-0

also called DiMatteo Wall :p

Thank conte we will never play such a system .
I wouldn't mind if we used the "DiMatteo wall" against Barca, as it seems to be the only tactic that leaves them completely clueless (2010, 2012). We won't, though, as you pointed out.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
No one says Conte doesn't know what he's doing, everyone can be criticized for what the do.
Conte had a major part in our Scudetto, and we are greatfull and know that, that doesn't mean i have to be happy when i see Boriello on the field, i can judge him, that's how football is.
And it's not like saying why did he play Esti or someone else, cause that has some sense, more defensive work etc etc.
But choosing Boriello over others, makes none, and he gave him tons of minutes to prove his worth and he didn't, yet he starts in the final, i get not using Vucinic since he said he'll play second string players, but he could've played Quags or Matri instead.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
No one says Conte doesn't know what he's doing, everyone can be criticized for what the do.
Conte had a major part in our Scudetto, and we are greatfull and know that, that doesn't mean i have to be happy when i see Boriello on the field, i can judge him, that's how football is.
And it's not like saying why did he play Esti or someone else, cause that has some sense, more defensive work etc etc.
But choosing Boriello over others, makes none, and he gave him tons of minutes to prove his worth and he didn't, yet he starts in the final, i get not using Vucinic since he said he'll play second string players, but he could've played Quags or Matri instead.

:tup:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
will be interesting to see what kind of signings he will ask for this summer.

this Juve squad has shown that theoretically it is capable of playing any formation.
sadly we also saw that we need more new players than originally thought =(

we need a striker and cavani is certainly not good (or lets say clinical) enough.

he squandered high profile chances against us and probably will do often. i guess he did just score that often because he gets a ton of passes in napolis system. i am all for higuan if he is anyhow obtainable.

we need a centre midfielder of quality to fit into a spot of pirlo/marchisio/vidal

and we dearly need a centre back + left back because you saw how bad we were just because of the injuries of chiellini and de ceglie.

we only can fix a maximum of two of those 4 positions with quality i fear.

it is really a gamble because we can not expect to be this lucky with injuries again next season so what will be the most important thing to fix ?
i guess a striker and a defender is what we need most. we can do in midfield with giaccherini and pepe as vice centre midfielders.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
if I were conte I would definitely try to change our tactics next season even if it will mean sacrificing a player or two, the team have played badly last few games and the blatant dependency toward certain players is never a good thing.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
sadly we also saw that we need more new players than originally thought =(

we need a striker and cavani is certainly not good (or lets say clinical) enough.

he squandered high profile chances against us and probably will do often. i guess he did just score that often because he gets a ton of passes in napolis system. i am all for higuan if he is anyhow obtainable.

we need a centre midfielder of quality to fit into a spot of pirlo/marchisio/vidal

and we dearly need a centre back + left back because you saw how bad we were just because of the injuries of chiellini and de ceglie.

we only can fix a maximum of two of those 4 positions with quality i fear.

it is really a gamble because we can not expect to be this lucky with injuries again next season so what will be the most important thing to fix ?
i guess a striker and a defender is what we need most. we can do in midfield with giaccherini and pepe as vice centre midfielders.
think we need those 4 anyway, plus a Pepe replacement/backup.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Why Estigaribia and Boriello?
This will be controversial, but at least Borriello started in a few big matches down the scudetto stretch. If you look at our regulars in the starting Serie A matches in the final scudetto run, a better question would be, "Why Alex Del Piero?" But that would be a political bomb here. :shifty:

Not that I would ever support starting Borriello and not starting Del Piero. But if you're going to complain about inconsistencies in his starting line-up choices, Del Piero is the one that sticks out more than Borriello given Conte's track record. :mute:

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
This will be controversial, but at least Borriello started in a few big matches down the scudetto stretch. If you look at our regulars in the starting Serie A matches in the final scudetto run, a better question would be, "Why Alex Del Piero?" But that would be a political bomb here. :shifty:

Not that I would ever support starting Borriello and not starting Del Piero. But if you're going to complain about inconsistencies in his starting line-up choices, Del Piero is the one that sticks out more than Borriello given Conte's track record. :mute:
Oh come on, why do people bring up Alex all the times when we question formation? Yes Conte had to make a sacrifice and start Alex in his last game for Juventus? But it doesn't mean he had to play boriello, too. Mofo had more minutes than Alex. Matri, Quag and Vucinic are all better players. Plus Esti didn't play for long time why play him again? And we all know he's been pretty bad. Giach had great game as LWB? Why didn't he start Giach there, or even Pepe. Conte had to make a sacrifice Alex but not 10 For God's sake. Vidal was very bad the whole game he should have been subbed out after HT, Marrone and Giach wouldn't have done worse.

We just didn't want to win this. Conte didn't even bother.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah Lion and Cronios, let's hate on Conte :)

He truly deserves alot of criticism after this terrible season! Especially after losing out on the glorious coppa italia trophy!

Can't believe we hired this guy. Playing strikers that had impressed him more in training than others, what was he thinking? :disagree:

He even let a soon to be 38 year old Del Piero play for more than an hour. Outrageous!
i'm not sure what gave you the idea i hated conte.....

i now get all his at the time bizzare decisions throughout the season. the sticking with 3-5-2 despite it not working, until it actually worked was genius on his part. it now gives us more than one formation to fall back on (352/424/433) and makes it a tactical nightmare for coaches to counter against.

the trust in bonucci, in the last 10 games or so he turned from a complete liability to our best defender.

the purchase of guys like padion and giach.

all this i understand.

but the obession with boriello is truly bizzare. i could completely understand if boriello was this great striker that had faded in the past 2-3 years and conte was trying to restore him to former glory, but the fact is boriello is completely mediocre striker that is riding on the success of that one season in genoa where he scored lots of goals (which i think 7 or 8 were penalties anyway) i don't understand this at all.

it's even more bizzare when he has guys like vucinic and matri available

p.s conte is not del piero, therefore he is never exempt from criticism

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Sorry, Lion. I had been reading 3-4 ridiculous posts by Cronios and got a bit irritated. Should've only aimed it at him. Regarding your post ^, I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
Well I just hope that he will replaced ASAP, he is probably the worst available moment ATM.
We will soon start hoping that he will be replaced and this will be a blow at his high profile coaching carrier.
Really sad that we are wasting the coaching carrier of former players like that.
But fortunately for Content, he, unlike Defeats actually had chance to do Anthony in serie b and even if we compromise his series a hopes forever, some desperate serie b team, may give him a chance to return in coaching next year...

We have seen this again, ages ago I have explained why we are bringing no ones, destined to appease the Italians fans and day dreamers momentarily and then become the scapegoat of one more wasted season...
:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 146)