Antonio Conte (136 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 1, 2010
no one is perfect, what Conte does with Borriello is a major threat to our cause, we could be champions 5 games earlier if Conte wasnt obsessed with him and we could be cup holders and undfeated too.

Have no doubt, even if it was the CL final, Conte would have used Borriello too.
Still, of course that doesnt change the fact that he had performed a miracle, esp in the pre-Borriello part of the season and one of the reasons of this miracle is the Borriello handicap.

I for one keep praising him for months more than most of the fans here and i consider him solely responsible for this team's success,
i see no reason though to turn a blind eye to whats heppening because of Borriello, i give credit where is due and criticism when and were is needed too.
No reason to simplify things, between losing titles because starting Borriello and sacking Conte, there are a lot of options, like not acquiring him for ex, or not using him at important matches at least, etc...

And what Conte did to DP was hideous, he might have personal issues with him, but he should not humiliate him like that in his last game with us...

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh come on, why do people bring up Alex all the times when we question formation? Yes Conte had to make a sacrifice and start Alex in his last game for Juventus? But it doesn't mean he had to play boriello, too. Mofo had more minutes than Alex. Matri, Quag and Vucinic are all better players. Plus Esti didn't play for long time why play him again? And we all know he's been pretty bad. Giach had great game as LWB? Why didn't he start Giach there, or even Pepe. Conte had to make a sacrifice Alex but not 10 For God's sake. Vidal was very bad the whole game he should have been subbed out after HT, Marrone and Giach wouldn't have done worse.

We just didn't want to win this. Conte didn't even bother.
I think we're both in agreement. As someone else eloquently put it, we didn't respect the challenge this match offered.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
This will be controversial, but at least Borriello started in a few big matches down the scudetto stretch. If you look at our regulars in the starting Serie A matches in the final scudetto run, a better question would be, "Why Alex Del Piero?" But that would be a political bomb here. :shifty:

Not that I would ever support starting Borriello and not starting Del Piero. But if you're going to complain about inconsistencies in his starting line-up choices, Del Piero is the one that sticks out more than Borriello given Conte's track record. :mute:
Not a bomb but I'll help you a little bit with facts:

Del Piero in Coppa before the last game: 4 starts, 339 minutes (including extra time against Bologna).
Borriello: 2 starts, 177 minutes (including extra time against Milan).
Vucinic: 1 start, 142 minutes (including extra time against Milan).
Quag: 1 start, 103 minutes.
Matri: 0 start, 27 minutes.

Alex is the sure starter here "given Conte's track record".

Juve played 4-3-3 twice against Bologna and Milan at home. Del Piero had good to great games having played in that formation. He wasn't why we played 3-5-2, it was Juve lacking defenders which forced Conte into going for 3-5-2, not Alex' presence.

There's something else:

Giac: 4 starts, 508 minutes (including extra time against Bologna and Milan), been good in 3-5-2.
Esti: 2 starts, 202 minutes.

From the coppa team, it was only Giac who didn't play which I think was due to Esti's abilities to help an ineffective and shaky Caceres at the back, which he did very well.

All in all, it makes me laugh how people point the finger at Conte for not fielding the best team because he fielded the Coppa team, the players who had worked hard and deserved to play the last game as well. Worst players last night were Marchisio, Vidal and Licht who happened to be first team players and it wasn't surprising at all. Coppa didn't mean that much to them. Juve played one of their worst games of the season because they had already won the bigger thing. No one is to blame. I wanted this cup as well but to draw conclusions about how bad this team suddenly has become and how much help they need for the next season is absurd. Problem was that the players were not eager (thus motivated) enough, were we as fans?

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007

Del Piero in Coppa before the last game: 4 starts, 339 minutes (including extra time against Bologna).

Juve played 4-3-3 twice against Bologna and Milan at home. Del Piero had good to great games having played in that formation. He wasn't why we played 3-5-2, it was Juve lacking defenders which forced Conte into going for 3-5-2, not Alex' presence.

There's something else:

Giac: 4 starts, 508 minutes (including extra time against Bologna and Milan), been good in 3-5-2.

From the coppa team, it was only Giac who didn't play which I think was due to Esti's abilities to help an ineffective and shaky Caceres at the back, which he did very well.

All in all, it makes me laugh how people point the finger at Conte for not fielding the best team because he fielded the Coppa team, the players who had worked hard and deserved to play the last game as well. Worst players last night were Marchisio, Vidal and Licht who happened to be first team players and it wasn't surprising at all. Coppa didn't mean that much to them. Juve played one of their worst games of the season because they had already won the bigger thing. No one is to blame. I wanted this cup as well but to draw conclusions about how bad this team suddenly has become and how much help they need for the next season is absurd. Problem was that the players were not eager (thus motivated) enough, were we as fans?
This is absolutely true,I would have been fine had it not been a Final,heck I would probably feel only a little angry had it been a final but not Del Piero's last match,and this one was,they should have not played like they did, definitely should have started Marrone,and Giach, at least those two whom I believe are the coppa starters would be showing the hunger to win.

I am still extremely disappointed at how our team played, and Napoli didnt even play that good,our chance to win was definitely there, we just didnt want it enough,some of the players anyway.

RocknRolla

Dec 10, 2008

There's something else:

:tup:

enzo

May 14, 2012

There's something else:

Nailed it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

This is a red herring, Hoori, because you present an "assume a spherical chicken" problem.

You play your Coppa squad not because that's your best squad to win. You play it because you're resting some of your regular starters for the Serie A championship.

The Serie A championship was over two weeks prior. Conte had a full two weeks to properly rest players for the next competitive match they had on the calendar.

If Conte enters the Coppa final with his Coppa squad, with the Scudetto in the bag, he's fielding a substandard team -- one that Napoli surely did not field given their CL squad and all.

Extending statistics for previous Coppa matches is irrelevant, because Serie A was already effectively over two weeks before the match.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
..... :sick:

Bullshit, but just try to imagine another rebuilding of our squad, coming back to 4-4-2 with Krasic, sending Pirlo to the bench and forgetting all the Asamoahs and Verrattis just to fill our team with 5 new wingers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 128)