Antonio Conte (63 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
His record in cup competitions is worrying.

Apart from Euro 2016 he has failed to deliver consistently so it will be very interesting to see how he does in CL next season.

He will not have any excuses with the likes of Hazard in his team and big expectations.

I'm not sure why, but I just don't see Hazard run through Italian or even Spanish defences the way he does in the epl. If ever there was a player that would benefit from leaving that joke of a league, it's him.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You know, Conte was right. This organization just does not know what it takes to win the CL.
yes it does. We were twice one match away from winning it and on each of those occasions we met one of the two strongest clubs in football. We are veeery close to being good enough to win it and we are doing that on a fraction of any of our competitors' budget.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We were good enough to win it this year. The game was there for the taking, especially after the first half.

Something needs to change in mentality.

Oct 31, 2016
Lol

Conte should try to reach final first.

Bit rich mate coming from someone with a brutal record playing Champions League finals. I've said it once on this forum and I'll say it again - you are in it to win it. Period. There is no difference between getting knocked off in the group stages and one that loses in the big final. Winner takes it all in the end and gets remembered in the history books. I lost count on how many times the commentators said last night how many Finals your club have lost during the years. I'd rather play three Finals during the course of a history and win them all, than play 30 and lose 28 of those.

Listen I have total admiration for the Juventus fans and I actually enjoy your winning streak in Italy and your rennaisance as a club. Actually cheered for you last night as well as I can't stand Real Madrid. But the hate some of you show towards Conte is borderline ridiculous. If I remember correctly, before he took over at Juventus you were going nowhere as a club and even got knocked out in Europe by fecking Fulham who's now playing Championship football. Total train wreck of a club, Conte built the foundations for what you are now, maybe you should show him the respect he deserves. Allegri came in and found a very stable organisation, financially and footballing wise. He's reached two CL finals and lost both of them - if you think this is a major improvement than maybe nights like the last one fit you better.

Chelsea fans and Juventus ones are similar nowadays when it comes to hating ex managers but things are different because unlike Mourinho, Conte has never said anything to infuriate you. Since going to the rags, Mourinho has constantly spouted shite about our fans and took digs at the playing style and Conte. He's lost a lot of respect amongst the Chelsea fanbase. But Conte's "war" at Juventus was with the board and looking back over the years it was beneficial for you because you've started meaning something on the transfer market since then. When you bid and get a player for 90M you can't be calling yourself irrelevant on the market anymore. For the record, financially, Chelsea operates at higher level than your club, and most of the European clubs, but has never transfered, nor bid, an amount even closer to that.

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
Bit rich mate coming from someone with a brutal record playing Champions League finals. I've said it once on this forum and I'll say it again - you are in it to win it. Period. There is no difference between getting knocked off in the group stages and one that loses in the big final. Winner takes it all in the end and gets remembered in the history books. I lost count on how many times the commentators said last night how many Finals your club have lost during the years. I'd rather play three Finals during the course of a history and win them all, than play 30 and lose 28 of those.

Listen I have total admiration for the Juventus fans and I actually enjoy your winning streak in Italy and your rennaisance as a club. Actually cheered for you last night as well as I can't stand Real Madrid. But the hate some of you show towards Conte is borderline ridiculous. If I remember correctly, before he took over at Juventus you were going nowhere as a club and even got knocked out in Europe by fecking Fulham who's now playing Championship football. Total train wreck of a club, Conte built the foundations for what you are now, maybe you should show him the respect he deserves. Allegri came in and found a very stable organisation, financially and footballing wise. He's reached two CL finals and lost both of them - if you think this is a major improvement than maybe nights like the last one fit you better.

Chelsea fans and Juventus ones are similar nowadays when it comes to hating ex managers but things are different because unlike Mourinho, Conte has never said anything to infuriate you. Since going to the rags, Mourinho has constantly spouted $#@!e about our fans and took digs at the playing style and Conte. He's lost a lot of respect amongst the Chelsea fanbase. But Conte's "war" at Juventus was with the board and looking back over the years it was beneficial for you because you've started meaning something on the transfer market since then. When you bid and get a player for 90M you can't be calling yourself irrelevant on the market anymore. For the record, financially, Chelsea operates at higher level than your club, and most of the European clubs, but has never transfered, nor bid, an amount even closer to that.
Nah bro, there are only a handful conte haters here. It feels like everyone here hated Conte, thats because these Conte haters love to lurk around in this thread.

Im pretty sure there are more people here that respect and appreciate Conte than the ones that hated him

Allegri is a better coach tactically but I cant never thanked Conte enough for what he did to his club.

Rocky

May 21, 2009
yes it does. We were twice one match away from winning it and on each of those occasions we met one of the two strongest clubs in football. We are veeery close to being good enough to win it and we are doing that on a fraction of any of our competitors' budget.

No, it doesn't. I've watched my beloved team lose 5 CL finals in my lifetime and only win 1. This is a club with a loser mentality in the CL. He saw it everyday in the way in the way the club was run, and the players bought. He is a great coach, despite the crap he gets here which is asinine, really. The sooner this is acknowledged, the sooner things will change. Conte understood this. The individual matters. Sami Khedira is not Toni Kroos. There's a reason clubs like Real Madrid let players like Sami Khedira leave for NOTHING. Conte knows you need a guy like Kroos, or Modric to win. You can only coach so much out of a player, but asking a coach enhance talent that isn't there, is not enough. Conte left because he asked for individuals and didn't get any. The team still doesn't have any game changing individuals. No, Dybala isn't there yet, folks, sorry.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
You can discount me as a conte hater. I love the guy. But I'd say it's maybe 50-50 here? I'd love to see a vote put up.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Chelsea fans and Juventus ones are similar nowadays when it comes to hating ex managers but things are different because unlike Mourinho, Conte has never said anything to infuriate you. Since going to the rags, Mourinho has constantly spouted shite about our fans and took digs at the playing style and Conte. He's lost a lot of respect amongst the Chelsea fanbase. But Conte's "war" at Juventus was with the board and looking back over the years it was beneficial for you because you've started meaning something on the transfer market since then. When you bid and get a player for 90M you can't be calling yourself irrelevant on the market anymore. For the record, financially, Chelsea operates at higher level than your club, and most of the European clubs, but has never transfered, nor bid, an amount even closer to that.
:tup:

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
No, it doesn't. I've watched my beloved team lose 5 CL finals in my lifetime and only win 1. This is a club with a loser mentality in the CL. He saw it everyday in the way in the way the club was run, and the players bought. He is a great coach, despite the crap he gets here which is asinine, really. The sooner this is acknowledged, the sooner things will change. Conte understood this. The individual matters. Sami Khedira is not Toni Kroos. There's a reason clubs like Real Madrid let players like Sami Khedira leave for NOTHING. Conte knows you need a guy like Kroos, or Modric to win. You can only coach so much out of a player, but asking a coach enhance talent that isn't there, is not enough. Conte left because he asked for individuals and didn't get any. The team still doesn't have any game changing individuals. No, Dybala isn't there yet, folks, sorry.
Yeah, he contribute on those 2.5 losses, what your point?

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Yes Madrid is a bigger and much more wealthy club. I'll repeat that we were twice very close to winning it within 3 years. I dont know why you are blaming this management for the defeats that happened before they ran the club.

Moggi bought the Nedveds, Trezguets, Vieras, Cannavaros and so on to the squad which are of no less stature than what Madrid has now, and yet we didnt win the CL. And his Juve was one of the 3 richest clubs in the world.

I think our management have proved to be amazing for rebuilding this club from the gutter to the extent that losing the CL final is considered a disaster. We didnt lose to minnows we lost to Barca and Madrid when both were in their peak condition. We are not there yet but we are definitely on the right track and really close.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

You see it with our ex players as well. Any chance they get to shit on them for leaving the mighty Juve and going to peasant clubs like Bayern and Man United.

They are keyboard warriors that is all. They have a poisonous attitude and lurk in these threads all the time.

I will always regard Conte as more important to Juve than Allegri and be forever grateful for his contribution to us as he laid the foundations for our success here.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That's true, we are on around 50% of Madrids operating margin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)