Antonio Conte (68 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Personally I think his teams are so structured that they don't suit knock out football so well. Unless you are going to do something like Mourinho and a backs-to-the-walls defensive job against a superior set of players then these important one-off games are better suited to playing a more open and loose approach, less tactical rigidity but without losing your defensive shape, give players a bit more freedom.

League football is not like cup football, it's not just another 90 minutes because in cup football you often have to be bolder and risk more to earn more, in the league there is always another game in the minds of those players who are not forced to focus on each game like Conte's players are.
That's a good point. It's exactly what Hazard said too. With conte, they know exactly where to move all the time. I suppose that cuts down on creativity big time.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Conte mentally blows up players for one competition.

The analysts were right. It was a game too much.

With italy it worked .

With chelsea it workes untill league title.

Conte needs to work on when he makes his players peak.

He'll win stuff if he coaches the azzurri again

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Chelsea will struggle next season if they don't add more depth to the squad.

Conte used mainly 14 players for the whole campaign and next season he will not have the same luxury with CL football and possibly having injuries to deal with unlike this season.

Having no European football was a good thing for him this season and perhaps they may not have won the league if they had that to contend with this season.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's a good point. It's exactly what Hazard said too. With conte, they know exactly where to move all the time. I suppose that cuts down on creativity big time.
He should have played Willian. Adds much needed creativity and incredible free kicks.

Otherwise their system is incredible tactical rigidity with Hazard expected to take care of the surprise element.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)