Antonio Conte (91 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Allegris team that made it to thw final also left it to the last game, nobody in Italy cares about EL, rightfully so a mickey mouse cup, so as KO said conte choking in CL is a bunch of balloney
there is a difference. with Allegri we won vs Malmo twice and got 1 win vs Olympiacos, at home (shouldnt have conceded 2 goals to them though). with Conte we drew Galata twice and only beat the worst team once with an away draw. what im holding against him is that he should have beaten Galata at home and the danes away, then the last game vs Galata wouldnt have meant much. and yes, we would still have progressed probably if the match wasnt postponed.

about the EL, we played very strong teams vs both Fiorentina and Lyon, its not like we got to the SF by accident. Benfica at home with 10 men, with an european final ahead after them, is a must win in my book. and we tried everything but couldnt do it. Galata home, danish team away and Benfica home (Benfica away too could have been handled better imo but we got a progressable result for the return leg) are the games we had to win. and those 3 games, along with the Coppa final in 2012 and Coppa SF in 2013 are Contes failures in his time here. all that dont make him a terrible CL coach as i said many times (same way 2 CL finals doesent suddenly make Simeone best coach in the world), he needs more seasons to be judged, in which im sure he will do much better than 13/14

- - - Updated - - -

Conte, Marotta, AND Paratici you heathen.

Morata was huge for us in the CL :agree:
Paratici :touched: the mastermind behind the scenes

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
there is a difference. with Allegri we won vs Malmo twice and got 1 win vs Olympiacos, at home (shouldnt have conceded 2 goals to them though). with Conte we drew Galata twice and only beat the worst team once with an away draw. what im holding against him is that he should have beaten Galata at home and the danes away, then the last game vs Galata wouldnt have meant much. and yes, we would still have progressed probably if the match wasnt postponed.

about the EL, we played very strong teams vs both Fiorentina and Lyon, its not like we got to the SF by accident. Benfica at home with 10 men, with an european final ahead after them, is a must win in my book. and we tried everything but couldnt do it. Galata home, danish team away and Benfica home (Benfica away too could have been handled better imo but we got a progressable result for the return leg) are the games we had to win. and those 3 games, along with the Coppa final in 2012 and Coppa SF in 2013 are Contes failures in his time here. all that dont make him a terrible CL coach as i said many times (same way 2 CL finals doesent suddenly make Simeone best coach in the world), he needs more seasons to be judged, in which im sure he will do much better than 13/14

- - - Updated - - -

Paratici :touched: the mastermind behind the scenes
:tup: that i can agree with

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
:tup:

I see people saying what KO says above a lot lately, then someone else mentiones what you said here and then there is no response. Then few weeks/months later again the same
What can you do? I even said that IMO Conte is the best coach in what he does but if you bring up some "criticism", you get hit right away

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
So did we play just that game on that group stage? Weird, don't?

BTW BM didn't defeat us. They $#@!ed us hard

And Benfica kicking us out of EL with a final to be play in our stadium was also great
BM also fucked Barca even harder, 7-0 on aggregate. Bayern were simply the best in the world constantly featuring in the UCL semis while we played them with Vucinic, Quagliarella and Matri as our forward line in Juve's first QF in years!

And I did say he 'failed' in his 2nd attempt, but failing only one time with the conditions he faced in Istanbul shouldn't make people assume that Conte isn't a UCL typa coach.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
BM also fucked Barca even harder, 7-0 on aggregate. Bayern were simply the best in the world constantly featuring in the UCL semis while we played them with Vucinic, Quagliarella and Matri as our forward line in Juve's first QF in years!

And I did say he 'failed' in his 2nd attempt, but failing only one time with the conditions he faced in Istanbul shouldn't make people assume that Conte isn't a UCL typa coach.
what about Galata 2-2 at home? or the danish club 1-1 away? or Benfica 0-0 at home?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
what about Galata 2-2 at home? or the danish club 1-1 away? or Benfica 0-0 at home?
Again, he did fail that year. I said it more than once.

Why is it hard to understand my clear point? failing ONE time in UCL shouldn't make people question his UCL credentials.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

Why is it hard to understand my clear point? failing ONE time in UCL shouldn't make people question his UCL credentials.
Especially when half his career was spent with a club outside CL football.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

Your argument is so contradictory that It looks like an retorical question: how failure is a sample of failure? Well It certainly isn't one of success

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Your argument is so contradictory that It looks like an retorical question: how failure is a sample of failure? Well It certainly isn't one of success
When Ancelotti first tried it out in the champions league, he was a total failure in TWO successive seasons. Look where he is now.

When some people here point out the weakness in Conte, they claim that he cannot compete in UCL based on the ONE season he failed to deliver in.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

I agree with you that his 2nd season was a failure (in Europa) but you make it sound its because of one game in Istanbul, when we could have qualified with wins in the games I named. 2 seasons is a small sample size to judge someone so we should wait and see what he does with Chelsea (will probably be very good again)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
When Ancelotti first tried it out in the champions league, he was a total failure in TWO successive seasons. Look where he is now.

When some people here point out the weakness in Conte, they claim that he cannot compete in UCL based on the ONE season he failed to deliver in
I don't think I saw anyone mention this weakness of his in the past 2 years

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I wouldn't call Conte a failure in Europe.

He did underachieve badly in our second season in Europe but to judge him on that one year is harsh.

He still imo has something to prove in the CL and it will be interesting to see next season what he can do.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ill say he was too rookie for it. Also he didnt wanted to lose instead to try to win and IMO he failed in preparing mentally our players for CL matches. Im judging this based in his post match conferences, always saying the wrong things and blaming everyone but himself. His restaurant quote was the stuff of someone looking for alibis. he was not ready.

Lets see how he does with chelsea next year. he would be way more seasoned after the euros and EPL experience.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Ill say he was too rookie for it. Also he didnt wanted to lose instead to try to win and IMO he failed in preparing mentally our players for CL matches. Im judging this based in his post match conferences, always saying the wrong things and blaming everyone but himself. His restaurant quote was the stuff of someone looking for alibis. he was not ready.

Lets see how he does with chelsea next year. he would be way more seasoned after the euros and EPL experience.
and with a better strike force if not team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)