Antonio Conte (31 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I'm not a massive barcelona fan such as yourself, so i'm not having an exceptionally subjective bias to whatever coach wins the club of your heart trophee's as both a player and manager.
I understand you tho. As a juventus fan, i have this with Conte.

I understand this great love makes you paint a completely different picture of the facts, its okay.

The Barcelona with Ronaldinho and Deco had come at the end of its cycle under Rijkaard, changing to 4-3-3 but not working all that well. All those players left at the end of the season. Rijkaard had greatly underperformed, but it was mostly on bad purchases and players at the end of their career that massively disappointed such as deco and ronaldinho.

Guardiola came, and shipped out the failures. He allready had Valdes, Abidal, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta,toure(when he still ran), Messi, eto'o. He was gifted the worlds best rightback with Dani Alves, the defence was finalised with Pique, and through the yought came Busquets, the key holding cm for guardiola

Becomming a worldclass coach, Guardiola should receive the praise for quickly making the perfect players for his system work, and showing just how much frank fucked up.

Today, alot are debating wheter juve's first scudetto is such an achievement, considering how extremely talented the central midfield was. Its a fair point. But when looking at the astonishing amount of talent that barcelona team had, its exponentially more serious for Guardiola.

I do like how he went to city, kicked out all the trash, and made his system work. really shaming all previous coaches
:lol: The dude won 3 league titles, 2 CLs and 2 cups in 4 years (+ loads of other trophies). Completely transformed the way his team played and created the Messi - Iniesta - Xavi partnership that was at the core of barca's success until Enrique came along. His stamp on the team continued for years after he left that even his assistants spanked Mourinho using it.

I'll tell you what. Answer those 2 questions for me and I will shut up. But give a clear complete answer.
1) What was he supposed to do at Barca to count as world class for you? Tell me "if only he won X or Y trophy, his Barca tenure would have been world class".

2) Tell me what another coach (that you see as WC) would have achieved with that same squad that Pep didn't? "Lippi would have won 4 CL titles out of 4"

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I still hold a grudge because of the way he left, but I enjoy watching Chelsea play. We miss this approach and mental fortitude quite a bit.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Causing both Mourinho and Pep to have mental breakdowns on the pitch.

He should insist on them holding on to his turned out trouser pocket next time round.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Grazie Mister.

- - - Updated - - -

He should insist on them holding on to his turned out trouser pocket next time round.
But at least guardiola is doing well in both EPL and Europe despite a new team without receiving a few 100 mil to pick his ideal players

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Grazie Mister.

- - - Updated - - -

But at least guardiola is doing well in both EPL and Europe despite a new team without receiving a few 100 mil to pick his ideal players
Still bought Stones & Sane for insane sums though.

But yeah, Guardiola is doing a lot better than Mourinho for sure.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

"Mou vs Pep for the title"

LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Still bought Stones & Sane for insane sums though.

But yeah, Guardiola is doing a lot better than Mourinho for sure.
to be fair to Mourinho, Guardiola inherited a better (or more functional) team. not an excuse for Mourinho still as he should be doing much better with the playrs he has

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)