Antonio Conte (19 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That is exactly the game I had in mind for the first part of the post. On paper we played our usual team, on field, not so much. That Roma team was based on fast counters and utilizing the space in front of their wingers, so Juve stayed very deep (very unusual for us back then), gave them the ball and they didn't really know what to do with it.
perfect example of how to handle an uprising team thats following you step by step and is been on a run of good results for a while, in a home game. give them a false feeling of being in control and dissmantle them slowly

:conte:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
also this game that was basically a title decider (even if it was played still early into the season) vs an in form Garcias Roma. we did great at letting them have the ball more but still controlling the game and closing down all the space at the back so their wingers did shit all game. Conte made Rudi his little bitch that night

Damn what a team that was!

Oct 31, 2016
Thanks a lot lads, very much appreciated. Yes, my bad, it was Heynckes' Bayern, I thought it was Guardiola's first season there.

One thing I know for sure is that it is going to be a hell of a tactical battle on Saturday. City haven't looked that great since that unbeaten run, but I have no doubts that Guardiola will make them look at their best come next week-end.

As written in Guardiola's book, Antonio Conte is one of the two managers that Guardiola appreciates the most. Along with Dortmund's Tuchel. He writes there that he sees a lot of himself in Conte, starting from his passion for the game and the intensity his teams play with, to his philosophy of football.

Although pundits gave Chelsea no chance to silverware before the start of the season, the writer of the book states there that when he asked Pep Guardiola who is going to be his biggest rival to the league title, he responded Chelsea, because of Conte and the fact that Chelsea have no European competition to play in, hence more time to prepare the matches and get used to Antonio Conte's philosophy.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
guardiola is the biggest fraud in football. I still maintain my pre-season prediction that Conte will win the league this season. Unlike guardiola and mourinho neither have really come up against real competition in their managerial careers so far. Conte took a much unfancied Juve and toppled a very decent milan side that included ibrahimovic and in some style too

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
guardiola is the biggest fraud in football. I still maintain my pre-season prediction that Conte will win the league this season. Unlike guardiola and mourinho neither have really come up against real competition in their managerial careers so far. Conte took a much unfancied Juve and toppled a very decent milan side that included ibrahimovic and in some style too
Well Mou and Pep had each other in Spain. Mou had Fergie (really tough), Benitez and Wenger. And now they all have each other.

City look good, did very well in their CL group and have obviously improved a lot on the pitch. He is doing a very good job so far even if Conte is doing better. The only one flopping is Mou and thats only been happening since his final days at Madrid, after which he has been having too many ups and downs that do not fit a top coach profile. Prior to that Mou was obviously a beast of a manager.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Well Mou and Pep had each other in Spain. Mou had Fergie (really tough), Benitez and Wenger. And now they all have each other.

City look good, did very well in their CL group and have obviously improved a lot on the pitch. He is doing a very good job so far even if Conte is doing better. The only one flopping is Mou and thats only been happening since his final days at Madrid, after which he has been having too many ups and downs that do not fit a top coach profile. Prior to that Mou was obviously a beast of a manager.
mourinho is so pre-historic in his tactics, still always blaming the refs and blaming his players for underperforming, yet people wonder why he has had as many touchline bans this season than he has had home wins

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
mourinho is so pre-historic in his tactics, still always blaming the refs and blaming his players for underperforming, yet people wonder why he has had as many touchline bans this season than he has had home wins
Mourinho is pre historic, pep is a fraud, klopp is overrated, enrique is lucky. The only good managers are Conte and Allegri, everybody else is just lucky when they win titles.

- - - Updated - - -

That Milan side was so much better than mourinhos real or peps barca. Beating them to the title with that legendary midfield of muntari,boateng, Montolivo and co was a mean feat. Obviously that is what you call real competition.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:D

- - - Updated - - -

Mourinho is pre historic, pep is a fraud, klopp is overrated, enrique is lucky. The only good managers are Conte and Allegri, everybody else is just lucky when they win titles.

- - - Updated - - -

That Milan side was so much better than mourinhos real or peps barca. Beating them to the title with that legendary midfield of muntari,boateng, Montolivo and co was a mean feat. Obviously that is what you call real competition.
Mourinho was amazing but seems finished since his final season at real madrid. I kinda miss him
Guardiola isnt a legend as some make out of him,worldclass offcourse but no legend. but he's remarcably good in placing a unique style in unseen short notice at a club. Look how quickly city has picked that up
Klopp, i like him alot, and he made his gegenpress work extremely well everywhere he went, (well, dortmund and pool), but its noted that he doesnt really have alot of plan b

Enrique is lucky, period. Fuck enrique.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Conte Carrera Allegri Zidane all top in their respective leagues. Best managers made in vinovo ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Really Fred? 13 years on this forum and you still haven't learned not to argue with Badass about Conte? :p
Still awaiting a response from the culprit who said De Boer is better than Conte

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
:D

- - - Updated - - -

Mourinho was amazing but seems finished since his final season at real madrid. I kinda miss him
Guardiola isnt a legend as some make out of him,worldclass offcourse but no legend. but he's remarcably good in placing a unique style in unseen short notice at a club. Look how quickly city has picked that up
Klopp, i like him alot, and he made his gegenpress work extremely well everywhere he went, (well, dortmund and pool), but its noted that he doesnt really have alot of plan b

Enrique is lucky, period. Fuck enrique.
Pep not a legend are you kidding? Barca will always see him as a legendary coach who took the team to an unprecedented level.

The records of all the very successful coaches btw are winning many league titles and a couple of CL trophies here and there at club level.

Pep and Mou already have that on their resumes. Mou is deteriorating thats painfully clear but he already has a legendary resume. Pep is not deteriorating. He will most likely win many more titles over the years. Their resumes for club football are (or will be) on par with legendary managers like Del Bosque, Trappattoni, Heynckes, Lippi, Capello, Fergie etc. and they are not even old.

Conte has 3 Serie A titles under his belt and thats it. Mou has 2 of those. Conte might be more effective (than Mou at least) today, but he still needs to keep that up for many years to have an equal career to Mou.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pep not a legend are you kidding? Barca will always see him as a legendary coach who took the team to an unprecedented level.

The records of all the very successful coaches btw are winning many league titles and a couple of CL trophies here and there at club level.

Pep and Mou already have that on their resumes. Mou is deteriorating thats painfully clear but he already has a legendary resume. Pep is not deteriorating. He will most likely win many more titles over the years. Their resumes for club football are (or will be) on par with legendary managers like Del Bosque, Trappattoni, Heynckes, Lippi, Capello, Fergie etc. and they are not even old.

Conte has 3 Serie A titles under his belt and thats it. Mou has 2 of those. Conte might be more effective (than Mou at least) today, but he still needs to keep that up for many years to have an equal career to Mou.

Guardiola started at the best team of the past decade, best barcelona team in history, with little competition of madrid at the beginning.
His second team was the new best team of the past decade. He failed as that team was set up to absolutely domminate and he ended it, but they had more possession, so its something.

his third team is his first team that isnt hands down, the best team of the past decade.

Mourinho won the CL with fucking Porto, and Inter Milan. He managed to win the title in Messi's record breaking year, and exceptional bad luck held them in the CL semi's. He had a more impressive career.

Hence Ancelotti is FAR more impressive.

Guardiola is worldclass, but not a legend.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Guardiola started at the best team of the past decade, best barcelona team in history, with little competition of madrid at the beginning.
His second team was the new best team of the past decade. He failed as that team was set up to absolutely domminate and he ended it, but they had more possession, so its something.

his third team is his first team that isnt hands down, the best team of the past decade.

Mourinho won the CL with fucking Porto, and Inter Milan. He managed to win the title in Messi's record breaking year, and exceptional bad luck held them in the CL semi's. He had a more impressive career.

Hence Ancelotti is FAR more impressive.

Guardiola is worldclass, but not a legend.
I think its for barca fans to bestow legendary status for their club not you and they surely do.

secondly, he did not take the best team of the past decade, he inherited a squad that finished 3rd under Rijkaard (a coach who won CL and league titles with Barca not a noob). He completely transformed their style of play and unleashed messi unto the world in a new role that suited him perfectly. He MADE that group of really talented individuals that Rijkaard failed with into the best team on the planet by a distance and since his period Barca became the best club on the planet. Don't pretend his tenure at Barca was the same as his tenure at Bayern because they are very very different. He obviously came out on top of Mou at Madrid even his assistant did. Mou removed the fear factor to a great extent but didnt exactly do better than barca during his madrid tenure. The fact that removing the fear factor from Pep's barca (despite being less successful) is seen as a job well done is a testament to how good barca were under Pep.

At Bayern he did nothing impressive, won his league titles as expected and went to the semi-finals as expected of Bayern. If Heynckes had stayed the expectation would have been the same not consecutive trebles (and yes I didnt like how he lost those semis but not being as good as Heynckes doesnt mean he is shit, Heynckes is no noob). At City, he is almost on par with Conte and Klopp's team while he is the only one whose club is in involved in the CL. Their football has improved massively compared to previous years thats beyond dispute.

Mou's porto and inter CL wins are really insanely impressive as are his EPL titles against Fergie but he has deteriorated massively. We agree on that. My point was that Conte's resume (though has legendary status for Juve) is still lacking a lot to consider him in the same bracket with that of Mou and Pep's careers. I expect him to get there because I see him as already more effective than both, he just didnt get to coach the really big clubs yet but until then their resumes are better than his. If they all retire at the end of the season, both Pep and Mou would be on hall of fame lists because of their past, Conte and Klopp wouldnt be.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet you any money mourinho would not have won the CL with inda had it not been for calciopoli
there would not be any inda momentum and accumulation of WC players in every spot. They would have still been finishing 3rd and ironically more wealthy than they are now.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I think its for barca fans to bestow legendary status for their club not you and they surely do.

secondly, he did not take the best team of the past decade, he inherited a squad that finished 3rd under Rijkaard (a coach who won CL and league titles with Barca not a noob). He completely transformed their style of play and unleashed messi unto the world in a new role that suited him perfectly. He MADE that group of really talented individuals that Rijkaard failed with into the best team on the planet by a distance and since his period Barca became the best club on the planet. Don't pretend his tenure at Barca was the same as his tenure at Bayern because they are very very different. He obviously came out on top of Mou at Madrid even his assistant did. Mou removed the fear factor to a great extent but didnt exactly do better than barca during his madrid tenure. The fact that removing the fear factor from Pep's barca (despite being less successful) is seen as a job well done is a testament to how good barca were under Pep.

At Bayern he did nothing impressive, won his league titles as expected and went to the semi-finals as expected of Bayern. If Heynckes had stayed the expectation would have been the same not consecutive trebles (and yes I didnt like how he lost those semis but not being as good as Heynckes doesnt mean he is shit, Heynckes is no noob). At City, he is almost on par with Conte and Klopp's team while he is the only one whose club is in involved in the CL. Their football has improved massively compared to previous years thats beyond dispute.

Mou's porto and inter CL wins are really insanely impressive as are his EPL titles against Fergie but he has deteriorated massively. We agree on that. My point was that Conte's resume (though has legendary status for Juve) is still lacking a lot to consider him in the same bracket with that of Mou and Pep's careers. I expect him to get there because I see him as already more effective than both, he just didnt get to coach the really big clubs yet but until then their resumes are better than his. If they all retire at the end of the season, both Pep and Mou would be on hall of fame lists because of their past, Conte and Klopp wouldnt be.

- - - Updated - - -

there would not be any inda momentum and accumulation of WC players in every spot. They would have still been finishing 3rd and ironically more wealthy than they are now.
i dont know about more wealthy than now. On face value they seem very wealthy just restricted by FFP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a massive barcelona fan such as yourself, so i'm not having an exceptionally subjective bias to whatever coach wins the club of your heart trophee's as both a player and manager.
I understand you tho. As a juventus fan, i have this with Conte.

I understand this great love makes you paint a completely different picture of the facts, its okay.

The Barcelona with Ronaldinho and Deco had come at the end of its cycle under Rijkaard, changing to 4-3-3 but not working all that well. All those players left at the end of the season. Rijkaard had greatly underperformed, but it was mostly on bad purchases and players at the end of their career that massively disappointed such as deco and ronaldinho.

Guardiola came, and shipped out the failures. He allready had Valdes, Abidal, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta,toure(when he still ran), Messi, eto'o. He was gifted the worlds best rightback with Dani Alves, the defence was finalised with Pique, and through the yought came Busquets, the key holding cm for guardiola

Becomming a worldclass coach, Guardiola should receive the praise for quickly making the perfect players for his system work, and showing just how much frank fucked up.

Today, alot are debating wheter juve's first scudetto is such an achievement, considering how extremely talented the central midfield was. Its a fair point. But when looking at the astonishing amount of talent that barcelona team had, its exponentially more serious for Guardiola.

I do like how he went to city, kicked out all the trash, and made his system work. really shaming all previous coaches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)