Antonio Conte (134 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 23, 2013
Lol like he did when he was in Milan
yep at Milan with half his squad injured, playing in 3 comps, and lets be honest the ghost goal helped quite a bit. Though im definitely am thankful for the ghost goal as we probably would not have come back, the point gap between us would have been like 7 points I believe (though we had games in hand), and facing defeat that season could have definitely broken the teams spirit.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
His shortcomings in Europe is overrated. He had one good CL run and a single bad one. We got unlucky against Galatasaray and that ruined the season, the following year we were close to do the same with Allegri against Olympiacos but we manage to pass and go all the way through to the final.

Against Benfica the display was horrible and the Juve mentality wasn't there, but it wouldn't surprise me if he sorts that in the future.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
yep at Milan with half his squad injured, playing in 3 comps, and lets be honest the ghost goal helped quite a bit. Though im definitely am thankful for the ghost goal as we probably would not have come back, the point gap between us would have been like 7 points I believe (though we had games in hand), and facing defeat that season could have definitely broken the teams spirit.
3 comps, half his squad injured. .. sounds familiar

Milan just need one or two quality players and they'll be competitive.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
he could give us a push like Napoli last year, with 2-3 new players and us struggling with injuries and form like we did last season again. were one of the few teams in Europe capable of winning 90+ points, which i cant see Milan doing in the near future no matter the coach, so hed definitely need a bad season from us to get the scudetto

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
His shortcomings in Europe is overrated. He had one good CL run and a single bad one. We got unlucky against Galatasaray and that ruined the season, the following year we were close to do the same with Allegri against Olympiacos but we manage to pass and go all the way through to the final.

Against Benfica the display was horrible and the Juve mentality wasn't there, but it wouldn't surprise me if he sorts that in the future.
he did however draw the danes away and Galata at home which also was what made us went out early. then later we couldnt score against a 10 man Benfica at home and reach the EL final. but as you said, it was one great and one bad season so well definitely need to see more of him in the future to judge him

May 23, 2013
he did however draw the danes away and Galata at home which also was what made us went out early. then later we couldnt score against a 10 man Benfica at home and reach the EL final. but as you said, it was one great and one bad season so well definitely need to see more of him in the future to judge him
Regardless of how powerful they were being completely outclassed by Bayern like we were should never be categorized as great for us.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if he'd win for sure but he would make it a close fight. He gets teams to perform above their expected level and Milan already have an okay side.
oh i have no doubt that he would give us a headache even with this current Milan side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 124)