Antonio Conte (151 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 31, 2016
He is pulling off a Bonucci with Luiz and definitely doing an Asamoah with Moses.

Actually If I were him I would bring Asamoah to Chelsea. Can rotate with Alonso for LWB and Kante as ball winner.

There was rumours of Asamoah joining the club a few months ago but everything seems to have stalled since then. Still, we have 21yo Nathan Ake on loan at Bournemouth who is a wonderfull player and very highly rated. Scored Bournemouth's winner this week-end away at Stoke playing as a centre back. His main position is left back, but can play centre midfielder as well. He said in an interview two months ago that Conte has assured him he has a future at the club and would like to follow his development this season mostly as a centre midfielder and left back. He's not had that many minutes this season under Eddie Howe but still as I said Ake is a top prospect in the mould of David Alaba.

Also we have Baba Rahman on loan at Schalke. He'd have been perfect I guess for this left wingback position, but Conte and Chelsea took the decision of sending him out on loan very early in the season when we was playing four at the back. Baba Rahman said that Conte told him to go out on loan because he was too offensive minded and he wanted more of an all round full back, rather than one that bombs forward at every given opportunity. Yep he looked a bit suspect when having to defend but as I said earlier this was when Conte was using the four man defence. Now with the new setup I think that Baba Rahman would have provided a good alternative for that left wingback position. But with me saying this don't take anything away from Marcos Alonso. Some have dubbed him as a Bolton or Sunderland reject and laughed at Chelsea when we bought him, but for me he is a real revelation. He is calm, composed, good at going forward, very good in the air, can pass the ball with ease and looks good when he has to defend. His only flaws I think are the one on ones (which Azpilicueta masters btw, probably in top 3 1v1 defenders in the world) and his pace - he is a bit slow to be fair.

But if Conte can make David Luiz look like Beckenbauer in his prime and this two guys (Marcos Alonso and Moses) look like the ultimate defenders, then I can't wait to see what he has in store for our highly rated Academy products on loan such as Gladbach's Andreas Christensen, or Tammy Abraham, Charly Musonda jr., Jeremie Boga, Nathan Ake, Lewis Baker.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I can't make any statements about Ghana specifically, but I know of regions where the official date of birth is the date that the parents and family showed up to the local registry, not the actual date of birth. So he could've easily been born on Monday, and then got registered a few days later on Friday.

Or as the article states, maybe he's simply named after some other guy called Kwadwo.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
There was rumours of Asamoah joining the club a few months ago but everything seems to have stalled since then. Still, we have 21yo Nathan Ake on loan at Bournemouth who is a wonderfull player and very highly rated. Scored Bournemouth's winner this week-end away at Stoke playing as a centre back. His main position is left back, but can play centre midfielder as well. He said in an interview two months ago that Conte has assured him he has a future at the club and would like to follow his development this season mostly as a centre midfielder and left back. He's not had that many minutes this season under Eddie Howe but still as I said Ake is a top prospect in the mould of David Alaba.

Also we have Baba Rahman on loan at Schalke. He'd have been perfect I guess for this left wingback position, but Conte and Chelsea took the decision of sending him out on loan very early in the season when we was playing four at the back. Baba Rahman said that Conte told him to go out on loan because he was too offensive minded and he wanted more of an all round full back, rather than one that bombs forward at every given opportunity. Yep he looked a bit suspect when having to defend but as I said earlier this was when Conte was using the four man defence. Now with the new setup I think that Baba Rahman would have provided a good alternative for that left wingback position. But with me saying this don't take anything away from Marcos Alonso. Some have dubbed him as a Bolton or Sunderland reject and laughed at Chelsea when we bought him, but for me he is a real revelation. He is calm, composed, good at going forward, very good in the air, can pass the ball with ease and looks good when he has to defend. His only flaws I think are the one on ones (which Azpilicueta masters btw, probably in top 3 1v1 defenders in the world) and his pace - he is a bit slow to be fair.

But if Conte can make David Luiz look like Beckenbauer in his prime and this two guys (Marcos Alonso and Moses) look like the ultimate defenders, then I can't wait to see what he has in store for our highly rated Academy products on loan such as Gladbach's Andreas Christensen, or Tammy Abraham, Charly Musonda jr., Jeremie Boga, Nathan Ake, Lewis Baker.
Over rating one's team's youth products is universal. Want to bet how many of these young players will turn out to be utter shit?

The Chelsea De Ceglies and Mandragoras

- - - Updated - - -

:tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Asamoah is finished, but I do hope Conte buys him
Assuming he stops getting injured (big if).. do you think he cant cut it as a LWB?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I can't make any statements about Ghana specifically, but I know of regions where the official date of birth is the date that the parents and family showed up to the local registry, not the actual date of birth. So he could've easily been born on Monday, and then got registered a few days later on Friday.

Or as the article states, maybe he's simply named after some other guy called Kwadwo.
So who knows how old he really is

Born on a Friday, yet called Kwadwo. 'Tis truly a miracle.
His tool so big it took 4 days to get all out

Oct 31, 2016
Over rating one's team's youth products is universal. Want to bet how many of these young players will turn out to be utter $#@!?

UEFA Youth League has been going on since 2012 time in which Chelsea's Academy has won the trophy twice (2015, 2016) and played another Final (2013). Now of course the young lads are not there to defend their trophy since the seniors are not playing Champions League football this season. In England they've won everything that was to be won domestically, league titles, FA Youth cups, you name it. The club has got a state of the art facility going on and this is the best Academy in the country. Every England youth team is filled with Chelsea lads starting from the U-16s to the U-21s. They say that City's Academy is coming in full force but Chelsea have met them this year in April for the FA Youth Cup Final and frankly it was men v boys rather than a Cup final between the two best Academies in the country. Chelsea beat them 4-2 on aggregate but frankly had Chelsea put 10 behind them no one could have said a thing.

It's not about overrating anything it's about having the right manager to pick them young lads and introduce them to the first team. Talent is there for everybody to see it thing is we've never had a manager to give these guys a proper chance. Felt the bitterness in your words but you got it wrong this time. I was not banging on how good of a youth setup we have and how great we are, I was just expressing my enthusiasm of finally having a manager ready to give players a chance regardless of their name and age.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Christensen and Musonda are very good talents, they never played for Chelsea youth teams but defenitely not only De Ceglies there.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
UEFA Youth League has been going on since 2012 time in which Chelsea's Academy has won the trophy twice (2015, 2016) and played another Final (2013). Now of course the young lads are not there to defend their trophy since the seniors are not playing Champions League football this season. In England they've won everything that was to be won domestically, league titles, FA Youth cups, you name it. The club has got a state of the art facility going on and this is the best Academy in the country. Every England youth team is filled with Chelsea lads starting from the U-16s to the U-21s. They say that City's Academy is coming in full force but Chelsea have met them this year in April for the FA Youth Cup Final and frankly it was men v boys rather than a Cup final between the two best Academies in the country. Chelsea beat them 4-2 on aggregate but frankly had Chelsea put 10 behind them no one could have said a thing.

It's not about overrating anything it's about having the right manager to pick them young lads and introduce them to the first team. Talent is there for everybody to see it thing is we've never had a manager to give these guys a proper chance. Felt the bitterness in your words but you got it wrong this time. I was not banging on how good of a youth setup we have and how great we are, I was just expressing my enthusiasm of finally having a manager ready to give players a chance regardless of their name and age.
No bitterness. I don't believe big clubs should rely on youngsters for the most part because a lot of the promising ones will turn out mediocre.

Jun 6, 2015
No bitterness. I don't believe big clubs should rely on youngsters for the most part because a lot of the promising ones will turn out mediocre.
Agreed. Very few make it in the end and some of those who do make it will do it in other teams. Even Barca has had this problem in recent years with many youth players seeking room from other places (Bellerin, Icardi, Grimaldo).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Over rating one's team's youth products is universal. Want to bet how many of these young players will turn out to be utter shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming he stops getting injured (big if).. do you think he cant cut it as a LWB?
I don't think he can at such a high level anymore, not on a position and in a league where you normally need to do more running than usual. Seems like he lost a lot of that physicallity which was one of his main strengths before he became a criple

- - - Updated - - -

So who knows how old he really is

His tool so big it took 4 days to get all out
:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)