Antonio Conte (135 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 31, 2016
Or he'll burn the team out and leave/get let go. This is Chelsea we're talking about. They fired Ancelotti the year after he won the league and finished 2nd.
:lol: exactly. And they sacked Mourinho after two first place and one second place finish. Let's pump the breaks a bit here.

Things have changed to be fair. Agree that sacking Ancelotti was a bit disrespectful, but with Mourinho we were a sinking ship. The atmosphere at the club was toxic, Mourinho was picking fights with everybody and their dog both at the club and the entire PL. He had to go, he is a yesterday's manager, playing outdated tactics. Don't get me started on the favoritism and the usual suspects he was playing week in week out even though they were in abysmal form.

Roman Abramovich is a very tough owner to deal with, but at the same time a very passionate one. Even though he's never given any interview, the media has learned one important thing about him that Ancelotti has stated in his book, too - he wants Chelsea to have an "identity". He is obsessed to have a club that once they play a football match, people would recognise the style of the football they are playing and they are able to say "this football is Chelsea trademark". Wants the club to be similar to Barcelona, not in terms of football style, but in terms of "identity".

Conte has brought this to Chelsea and I've seen Roman Abramovich in the stands this season and he looked over the moon. We've never played this 343 before and frankly it's not only about Chelsea - the three at the back formation in general is something new to this league and this is exactly what Abramovich wanted - a manager to come to the club with something new that every other fan and manager would be impressed with and maybe replicate it. Lately the media has been banging on Chelsea and Conte's 343 and this is music to Roman Abramovich's ears. Finally Chelsea is not that club that parks the bus anymore or tries to replicate Barcelona. Now they have their own identity with this new 343. Of course, Conte did not discover the wheel for the 2nd time, nor this 343 is something new to the world of football, but still as I said earlier, it's something new to the PL and the fact that it works so good for Conte and Chelsea makes it even better. Especially after Van Gaal tried it with United, failed big time and the media ripped him to pieces saying the three at the back has never and is never going to work in this league. Now Conte has proved all them doubters wrong.

One of Chelsea's biggest issues until now was the locker room power. Certain players were always considered to be untouchable and imo this is one of the reasons that kept us from going forward as a club. Scolari, Villas Boas, Mourinho felt the locker room's wrath on their own. But now is a total different thing with Antonio Conte. Once dubbed as untouchables, now Ivanovic, Terry, Oscar, Willian, Fabregas, Mikel sit on the bench and they can't do anything about it. And I think this has something to do with Abramovich, too. He's not falling for the player's prayers anymore and has given the manager the full support to reshape the club his way.

Rumour is that Roman Abramovich is so impressed with Conte that he is ready to back him in the winter transfer market with a lot of money. At least €130-150m for Conte to improve the squad and go all in for the league title.

As you may know we're moving away from Stamford Bridge next summer, or in the summer of 2018. The stadium is going to be demolished and rebuilt from the scratch. In the meantime will be probably playing at Wembley. And Roman Abramovich has decided not to interfere with the club's finances and build the stadium from his own pocket. So Conte will have an enourmous amount of money in the future to build his very own squad.

You probably are aware about the fact that the new TV deal kicks in next summer when the revenue will be huge - the last placed team in the league will get at least €110m and the first places will earn up to €180m. And that's only money coming from the TV rights. Chelsea have recently signed a new kit deal with Nike worth €70m per year. Currently United have the biggest kit deal in world football worth €85m per year, but this could change next summer when it could drop to about €55m per year because of one clause in their Adidas contract that states that if United is not playing Champions League football in the 2017/18 season (next season), the contract gets lowered to €55m.

So Chelsea could potentially have the biggest kit deal in world football next season. Add to this the Yokohama deal worth €50m per year and the Carabao deal (training kit sponsor) worth €12m per year and you get a whooping €130m that will go directly into the transfer budget. Conte will have absurd amounts of money to spend in the next seasons.

He is at Chelsea to stay for a long time by the looks things stand right now. He is a gift that keeps on giving week in week out and we could not have asked for a better manager to be fair. He is full of charisma, his passion is 2nd to none in this league and has already created a strong bond with the Stamford Bridge crowd.

Oct 31, 2016
I can already see Conte deciding to not overspend on top players and go for better priced gambles even if he has the money like Wenger
Perfect mate we don't need no primadonnas at the club. With the new TV deal about to kick off expect even the bang average players to be worth a fortune when English clubs come knocking at the door. Conte has made David Luiz look like Beckenbauer in his prime and Moses like the ultimate wing back around. When Pedro came at the club we thought Barcelona sent us his twin and look at him now, totally a new player. Matic is back to his title winning campaing form. I'm sure Conte has an eye for talent and is going to spend the money wisely. We need no big egos in the locker room to put money and hairstyles before the club. Humble players to fit right into Conte's philosphy is the way forward. A big squad is needed should we get back to Champions League next season and if Conte can buy 5 very good players for 150m to fit his style of play instead of 2 overpriced ones than I'm all for it.

Three games to go (Boro, Spurs, City) until we hit a five game run in which he play mid table or below clubs all this while others play against each other every week. Guardiola vs Conte at the Etihad should be a cracker.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Everton played with 3 at the back yesterday, and now The Spurs are playing 3 at the back aswell.

He made a 3 cb's trend in the Premier League ...
As much as we like to give credit to our beloved Mister. Both Koeman and Pocchetino tried out that set up last season. Especially Koeman with Southampton. It doesn't mean they did it with success, and only dabbled at it, but nonetheless not new. Tho Conte's approach is unique for the league because they are not used to the kind of flexible mobility and position changing the formation offers Chelsea. Seen it last two games in particular, opponent coaches really don't know how to adapt to a tactic (especially how the wing back's are used) thrown at them and just try to do their usual instead of actually try to change things up and react. Instead it's the usual go for it attitude.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Oct 31, 2016
Eden Hazard player of the month as well. Loved his words in the interview: "See you next month for the same award!" Shows how much he's changed under Antonio Conte, not only in terms of tactics and his position on the pitch, but in his head, too. From having a "I don't give a crap" attitude in almost all of his interviews, to "In the last years I was always thinking about assists and the last pass, now I want to shoot more, I want to score more, Antonio Conte sees me as a goalscorer and this is perfect for me." Roberto Martinez, Belgium's manager, even admited that he's emulated Conte's 3-4-3 at the National Team to bring the best out of Eden Hazard.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...offins-rare-team-outing-transformed-club.html

Interesting read. I know you can't get lower than Daily Mail but they come up with decent stories from time to time.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Eden Hazard player of the month as well. Loved his words in the interview: "See you next month for the same award!" Shows how much he's changed under Antonio Conte, not only in terms of tactics and his position on the pitch, but in his head, too. From having a "I don't give a crap" attitude in almost all of his interviews, to "In the last years I was always thinking about assists and the last pass, now I want to shoot more, I want to score more, Antonio Conte sees me as a goalscorer and this is perfect for me." Roberto Martinez, Belgium's manager, even admited that he's emulated Conte's 3-4-3 at the National Team to bring the best out of Eden Hazard.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...offins-rare-team-outing-transformed-club.html

Interesting read. I know you can't get lower than Daily Mail but they come up with decent stories from time to time.
Everything so nice and cool but your avatar looks like pushing too much cuz we saw how really is their relationship in the field... No too much about love

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
Everything so nice and cool but your avatar looks like pushing too much cuz we saw how really is their relationship in the field... No too much about love
You're reading too much into that. My friends and I yelled at each other and argued about stupid shit all the time while playing football with nothing at stake. Things get heated between teammates all the time in football, there's no reason to assume there's some deep-seated animosity when a notorious hot-head has a minor tantrum towards his manager on the pitch. I think it became fairly obvious last season how this Chelsea squad actually behaves when they have a problem with the manager, and that's not what we're seeing at the moment.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
You're reading too much into that. My friends and I yelled at each other and argued about stupid $#@! all the time while playing football with nothing at stake. Things get heated between teammates all the time in football, there's no reason to assume there's some deep-seated animosity when a notorious hot-head has a minor tantrum towards his manager on the pitch. I think it became fairly obvious last season how this Chelsea squad actually behaves when they have a problem with the manager, and that's not what we're seeing at the moment.
We'll see. IMO everything depend on how good their end up this season...We'll see

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
top of the table. Very good performance. Another clean sheet.
They look like Conte Juve. Dominate matches, create a ton of fantastic chances, but for some bizarre reason get super flustered when it comes to finishing. They should have scored 3 or 4 goals today. THey're more skilled in attack than Juve from the first couple Conte years, but seem very similar to that 2013-14 Juve once Tevez and Llorente arrived.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
They look like Conte Juve. Dominate matches, create a ton of fantastic chances, but for some bizarre reason get super flustered when it comes to finishing. They should have scored 3 or 4 goals today. THey're more skilled in attack than Juve from the first couple Conte years, but seem very similar to that 2013-14 Juve once Tevez and Llorente arrived.
I agree. Valdes had a great save from Pedro, and another of his shots hit the bar so I wouldnt put too much on their wastefulness today. They have been scoring a lot every game until today.

This is going to be a very entertaining season with Chelsea now looking stable. Who would have thought that these shit defenders can have 6-7 clean sheets in a row

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I agree. Valdes had a great save from Pedro, and another of his shots hit the bar so I wouldnt put too much on their wastefulness today. They have been scoring a lot every game until today.

This is going to be a very entertaining season with Chelsea now looking stable. Who would have thought that these shit defenders can have 6-7 clean sheets in a row
Don't forget about the glorious wingback duo of Moses & Alonso :lol:

Oct 31, 2016
Can't always be sexy football mate. Don't know about the Italian league, but here in England the round coming up after the International break is always a bogey one. You've probably watched United v Arsenal this week-end - boring, dull affair. Liverpool could not replicate their sexy football at Southampton. City scrapped a win at Palace thanks to Yaya. Spurs got a lucky win at home. Everton could not beat them piss poor Swans.

Players travel all over the world then come back at their clubs with two or three days before the game. PL is played at fast pace there is a huge difference between this league and all the others. We hate them international breaks with a passion. Last time around (October) it was the exact same thing - Spurs could not beat WBA after the international break, City drew v Everton, Arsenal was in all kinds of problems at home v Swansea, Liverpool v United 0-0. Fortunately for Chelsea we won against Leicester, but still this rounds following the international breaks are tricky as hell.

Six on the bounce though :D Happy days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)