Antonio Conte (206 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We played our best football, in the 4-3-3 we used the first half of Contesfirst season though. In fact along with Allegri's 4-3-1-2 in he's first season it was our best and definetly most entertaining football since the late 90ties early zeroes.
most entertaining yes, most effective no. Unless you think we havent really progressed over the last 5 years

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Read Conte's thread on a Chelsea forum, those twats are questioning the legitimacy of our scudettos won with Conte :lol:

Hope they lose by a single point to Liverpool.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Chelsea fans are happy that he is only caring about his mainjob: football. Instead of other coaches who are promoting themselves, the brand etc. Conte only caring about football and results - Chelsea supporters

:touched:
'i was not instructed to win friendlies'. Conte at the preseason where he want fuck it and we lost all of them

He won a 102 point serie a later that year

- - - Updated - - -

Read Conte's thread on a Chelsea forum, SOME twats are questioning the legitimacy of our scudettos won with Conte :lol:

Hope they lose by a single point to Liverpool.
We have people slashing into juve for the smallest fart. Every forum has his Hist, Napoleonic, ...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
'i was not instructed to win friendlies'. Conte at the preseason where he want fuck it and we lost all of them

He won a 102 point serie a later that year

- - - Updated - - -

We have people slashing into juve for the smallest fart. Every forum has his Hist, Napoleonic, ...
but also went out in CL group stage and EL SF. not the greatest example

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
CL exit was exceptionally unlucky
He did not give a shit about the EL, sadly (finals were in juve stadium iirc)

But 100+ point season, is always a great fucking example
he did give a shit about EL. check our lineups from the Fiorentina games onwards:

http://de.soccerway.com/matches/201...ntus-fc/acf-fiorentina/1611953/?ICID=PL_MS_13
http://de.soccerway.com/matches/201...fiorentina/juventus-fc/1611954/?ICID=PL_MS_14
http://de.soccerway.com/matches/201...e-lyonnais/juventus-fc/1662592/?ICID=PL_MS_03
http://de.soccerway.com/matches/201...-fc/olympique-lyonnais/1662593/?ICID=PL_MS_04
http://de.soccerway.com/matches/201...up/juventus-fc/benfica/1669055/?ICID=PL_MS_02
http://de.soccerway.com/matches/201...up/benfica/juventus-fc/1669054/?ICID=PL_MS_01

we fielded the strongest lineups available, with the exception of 2-3 players max each game. CL was unlucky agree, i argued a lot about it with Conte "haters" last few years, but not beating a 10 man Benfica at home was the true failure for me that season

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Fielding players doesnt mean he cared completely

You can field players and let them play conservative and not put utmost efford into it. We looked bad throughout that entire second leg, uninterested, unmotivated.

But he motivated the fuck out of them on the game that brought the total to 102

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Fielding players doesnt mean he cared completely

You can field players and let them play conservative and not put utmost efford into it. We looked bad throughout that entire second leg, uninterested, unmotivated.

But he motivated the fuck out of them on the game that brought the total to 102
you described exactly what was wrong about that season. we cared more about Serie A, even when it was won already, than we did about a chance to win a 2nd trophy. part of the reason why we didnt win a single Coppa Italia in his time here. but lets make one thing clear, saying he didnt care about EL isnt true. Sere A had priority but we didnt treat the EL as we did with the Coppa Italia for example, we went in full strength otherwise we wouldnt have reached the semis. in the return leg vs Benfica we played the strongest team available (except Barza-Caceres) and introduced our best and most attacking subs (except Vucinic, who should have entered instead of Osvaldo and not for Nando, but someone more defensive imo), but couldnt score a goal vs a team that had 10 men for almost half an hour. a big failure for me and most others i believe,

- - - Updated - - -

lol banned? why?

Oct 31, 2016
Hello lads, Chelsea fan here. Must start by saying this guy is a blessing in disguise for our club. After last season's debacle we were in need of something new, anything new, fresh ideas and a manager to bring back the squad together. And boy we are lucky. Conte is everything we have asked for.

Conte has started the pre-season by changing the diet plan at Cobham (our training ground) and playing 4-2-4. Things were not bad, but not great either. And he felt it from the off. And frankly - we did not have the players for the 4-2-4. Conte then switched to 4-3-3 for the opening match against West Ham. We won it like we did for the next two matches, too. We got a draw away at Swansea in a game we should have won comfortably if it wasn't for Cahill's blunder and a few huge misses. But defence was still leaking easy goals and you could feel Conte is mad about it. Then the matches against Liverpool and Arsenal came and those two, especially the one at the Emirates, were game changers. It showed Conte that he must change something otherwise we were going down faster than a hooker's knickers on payday at the mine.

And he did. Changed it to 3-4-3 and since then we've won 4 on the trot, 4 clean sheets and 11 scored. Against Hull, Leicester the reigning champions, United and away at one of the toughest grounds in PL, Southampton's St. Mary's.

Not only that but he did what we the fans have been praying for some time - dropped certain players. And by this I mean Ivanovic and Oscar. For starters. He has also dropped Terry (we have massive respect for JT but I think he understood, too, that his legs are gone), Fabregas and to some extent Willian. You might probably ask why Willian? Maybe you see him as a top player, but he is not. Good player, yes, but frustrating to watch at times and his end product is gash. Pedro is more fit to play the 3-4-3 and brings something else to the team, especially in the final 3rd of the pitch where he is more direct than Willian. And Fabregas - for me a very good player with beautiful vision and passing skills. But slow as a boat. PL tempo is devastating at times and he can't keep pace with it anymore unfortunately.

Then Conte brought back David Luiz from Paris and transfered Marcos Alonso from Fiorentina. You might probably know him very well. For me a good player. And the biggest surprise this season is definitely Victor Moses who was on loan for the last three seasons. He stated in an interview a couple of days ago that Mourinho did not even talk to him while at Chelsea. But now everything has changed with Antonio Conte. Moses is the undisputed right wing back and my God feels like a new signing already. Conte said from the beginning that for him the name does not matter as long as he sees the right things at the training ground. Another of our loanies and an Academy product that has been totaly neglected by Mourinho is Nathaniel Chalobah. He is back in the squad and getting regular playing time under Conte. A superb player at only 21 that can cover a lot of positions on the pitch. Conte appreciates him a lot.

Another major improvement this season is Nemanja Matic, probably in top 3 defensive midfielders two seasons ago. At some point last autumn, Mourinho made Matic and Hazard scapegoats for everything that was happening at the club. He even brought Matic on the pitch at half time against Southampton at home just to subb him off 20 minutes later. That was when Matic's confidence hit a record low and his entire season was miserable. But now he is back at his very best thanks to Antonio Conte. It must be said that Matic did not start this season very well, but Conte trusted him and constantly encouraged him. Now with the new 3-4-3 tactics he feels, just as Moses, as a new signing. And together with Kante they for one of the most dynamic partnerships in the league. Maybe not the most technically gifted, but nothing gets past them either.

Saw something here in this thread about Chelsea fans being happy that Conte only cares about football matters. This is absolutely true. This is what two and a half years with Mourinho do to you haha. Conte had two instances so far in which he could have engaged in a battle of words with others. But he kept it cool. It was after the United game at the Bridge when the old tart Mourinho was pissed that Conte celebrated the 4th goal in a manner he deemed "humiliating". Conte said it was a private conversation that he will not divulge, but said that he was a football player himself so knows what players feel in those moments. And the 2nd instance was when Sir Alex Ferguson I think a week ago said in an interview that this season there are only five title candidates - United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham. Conte of course was asked why didn't Fergie include Chelsea in there, but kept it classy and talked about his appreciation for Fergie, rather than say anything about those quotes.

I'm sure there is a lot more things for me to say but time presses me up unfortunately. Be back here asap. Cheers.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Hello lads, Chelsea fan here. Must start by saying this guy is a blessing in disguise for our club. After last season's debacle we were in need of something new, anything new, fresh ideas and a manager to bring back the squad together. And boy we are lucky. Conte is everything we have asked for.

Conte has started the pre-season by changing the diet plan at Cobham (our training ground) and playing 4-2-4. Things were not bad, but not great either. And he felt it from the off. And frankly - we did not have the players for the 4-2-4. Conte then switched to 4-3-3 for the opening match against West Ham. We won it like we did for the next two matches, too. We got a draw away at Swansea in a game we should have won comfortably if it wasn't for Cahill's blunder and a few huge misses. But defence was still leaking easy goals and you could feel Conte is mad about it. Then the matches against Liverpool and Arsenal came and those two, especially the one at the Emirates, were game changers. It showed Conte that he must change something otherwise we were going down faster than a hooker's knickers on payday at the mine.

And he did. Changed it to 3-4-3 and since then we've won 4 on the trot, 4 clean sheets and 11 scored. Against Hull, Leicester the reigning champions, United and away at one of the toughest grounds in PL, Southampton's St. Mary's.

Not only that but he did what we the fans have been praying for some time - dropped certain players. And by this I mean Ivanovic and Oscar. For starters. He has also dropped Terry (we have massive respect for JT but I think he understood, too, that his legs are gone), Fabregas and to some extent Willian. You might probably ask why Willian? Maybe you see him as a top player, but he is not. Good player, yes, but frustrating to watch at times and his end product is gash. Pedro is more fit to play the 3-4-3 and brings something else to the team, especially in the final 3rd of the pitch where he is more direct than Willian. And Fabregas - for me a very good player with beautiful vision and passing skills. But slow as a boat. PL tempo is devastating at times and he can't keep pace with it anymore unfortunately.

Then Conte brought back David Luiz from Paris and transfered Marcos Alonso from Fiorentina. You might probably know him very well. For me a good player. And the biggest surprise this season is definitely Victor Moses who was on loan for the last three seasons. He stated in an interview a couple of days ago that Mourinho did not even talk to him while at Chelsea. But now everything has changed with Antonio Conte. Moses is the undisputed right wing back and my God feels like a new signing already. Conte said from the beginning that for him the name does not matter as long as he sees the right things at the training ground. Another of our loanies and an Academy product that has been totaly neglected by Mourinho is Nathaniel Chalobah. He is back in the squad and getting regular playing time under Conte. A superb player at only 21 that can cover a lot of positions on the pitch. Conte appreciates him a lot.

Another major improvement this season is Nemanja Matic, probably in top 3 defensive midfielders two seasons ago. At some point last autumn, Mourinho made Matic and Hazard scapegoats for everything that was happening at the club. He even brought Matic on the pitch at half time against Southampton at home just to subb him off 20 minutes later. That was when Matic's confidence hit a record low and his entire season was miserable. But now he is back at his very best thanks to Antonio Conte. It must be said that Matic did not start this season very well, but Conte trusted him and constantly encouraged him. Now with the new 3-4-3 tactics he feels, just as Moses, as a new signing. And together with Kante they for one of the most dynamic partnerships in the league. Maybe not the most technically gifted, but nothing gets past them either.

Saw something here in this thread about Chelsea fans being happy that Conte only cares about football matters. This is absolutely true. This is what two and a half years with Mourinho do to you haha. Conte had two instances so far in which he could have engaged in a battle of words with others. But he kept it cool. It was after the United game at the Bridge when the old tart Mourinho was pissed that Conte celebrated the 4th goal in a manner he deemed "humiliating". Conte said it was a private conversation that he will not divulge, but said that he was a football player himself so knows what players feel in those moments. And the 2nd instance was when Sir Alex Ferguson I think a week ago said in an interview that this season there are only five title candidates - United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham. Conte of course was asked why didn't Fergie include Chelsea in there, but kept it classy and talked about his appreciation for Fergie, rather than say anything about those quotes.

I'm sure there is a lot more things for me to say but time presses me up unfortunately. Be back here asap. Cheers.
bring him to Serie A then :donedeal:

thanks for the detailed explanation :tup: you guys are my favorite for the title this season, just needs a CB or two in January and the title is back to London

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011

Said it before back in July and i'll say it again, you will win the title this season, you have the best manager in Priemer League

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Enjoy him, he's great. Though I love Allegri I still miss seeing Conte on the sidelines. Hopefully he doesn't get overly conservative on you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 185)