Antonio Conte (159 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If he wins the title it'll be talk of coming from 10th place Chelsea. In reality he's taken over one of the richest teams and a squad that should be challenging for the title. The abject failure of the previous coach(es) is another thing. Much like how Juve should have been challenging for at least 2nd. He's not stupid, he takes projects with massive upside where it would be hard to repeat something as bad as his predecessor.

Who next for him? Inter or Milan? Wouldn't be even the slightest of a surprise, would it? He's definitely one of the best 'fixers' in the game. Maybe not the best choice of words :D

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
If he wins the title it'll be talk of coming from 10th place Chelsea. In reality he's taken over one of the richest teams and a squad that should be challenging for the title. The abject failure of the previous coach(es) is another thing. Much like how Juve should have been challenging for at least 2nd. He's not stupid, he takes projects with massive upside where it would be hard to repeat something as bad as his predecessor.

Who next for him? Inter or Milan? Wouldn't be even the slightest of a surprise, would it? He's definitely one of the best 'fixers' in the game. Maybe not the best choice of words :D
Would be funny seeing him at Milan, and Allegri remaining here. :D
Would love to see a goal di Muntari scenario with Conte being on the receiving end of the shit storm :lol:

Jun 6, 2015
Spot on "X". You can't say anything about the leg against Bayern. One of world's best clubs managed by definitely the best manager in business. I agree the following season and the early exit can be atttributed to him SOMEHOW. I have watched most of the matches in that group and frankly is Conte to blame entirely for that? Juventus have missed tons of chances against Galatasaray and the Danish club. Had they converted at least 30% of that chances you'd have been through by a big difference of points to be fair. They say a manager's job is to get his team at 20m close to the opposite goal, the rest is on player's talent and decision in the final third.

Another thing I do not agree with some of your fans is the hatred towards Conte regarding the next Champions League campaign in which you've managed to get to the Final. Yes, always great to have your team playing with the trophy on the table, but is it really a historic achievement only to be in the Final. Not for me as long I am concerned. Winners are always remembered, losers not that much. For example right at this moment we all know Arsenal have finished behind Leicester last season, but will it be the same in five years time? I don't think so. By then we'll all going to remember only who's finished 1st, and that is Leicester. Losers are always going to be forgotten as the time goes by.

The perfect example of a great mentality I think it is Diego Simeone. We all know he's revolutionized Atletico Madrid as a whole, has given a new dimension to the club. You would think that what he's achieved is marvelous. But not for him because he always wants more and more. Spanish media has found that Diego Simeone has confessed to his family and his close friends that for him, the fact that he's lost two Champions League finals, is a total failure and he'll always be remembered in the history books as the manager that has failed to win the trophy twice while managing the Madrid club. No one cares that you've managed to go all the way and reach the Final, the last thing you will be remembered for is that you've lost it. Plain and simple. This is why, for me personally, getting knocked out in the quarter finals or reaching the Final and losing it is kind of the same thing.

It really isn't. That to me is as weak of a mentality that you can have. Saying that getting to a QF is like losing a final shows lack of balls and real winning mentality. At least you have the chance of winning it playing in the final but no team will ever win anything in the quarters.

Conte lacked winning mentality in the biggest competition the CL when he was here. The reason we made the final and had a good chance of winning it was because Allegri is mentally much more settled and calmer. He has the believe in winning against anyone no matter if the odds are against us.

Having said that I think Conte has matured as a coach as seen in the Euros where he made the team believe in winning against anyone even though that group of players lacked some quality.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

And yet two great coaches like Mou and Hiddink couldnt do shit with the same squad.
Same with the old Juve. And Italy?

The abject failure of other coaches shows how much better he is at the job. Its not another thing.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Isn't hard to be better than current Mou, or Hiddink who's never been a great club coach imo.

Let him win the CL and we can talk. Much better :lol:

He's great to lay the foundation, but you want someone better to do the finishing touch. Someone who doesn't rely on passion and emotions, but tactics.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And yet two great coaches like Mou and Hiddink couldnt do shit with the same squad.
Same with the old Juve. And Italy?

The abject failure of other coaches shows how much better he is at the job. Its not another thing.
Mourinho is the anti-Conte these days, he breaks players down. Those two were reheated soup. He's also been in the Chelsea job 5 minutes, let's not crown him yet.

The only way we could see how correct you presume to be would be to have him back at Juve.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Mourinho is the anti-Conte these days, he breaks players down. Those two were reheated soup. He's also been in the Chelsea job 5 minutes, let's not crown him yet.

The only way we could see how correct you presume to be would be to have him back at Juve.
He showed his brilliance at Juve, Italy and Chelsea. The first was an average squad that he rejuvenated to a very high level. The second was a below average squad that he again took to the highest level. The third is a half top half shit squad that he is again taking to a very high level.

Each of these had good coaches before hand that flopped miserably and had a terrible loser mentality. He changed that into rock solid defenses and insane grinta is attack. The only coach whose effect on his teams is that apparent is probably guardiola with his ticki tacka style. I have no idea how you see these 3 experiences as just flukes or achieving the normal expected targets from the squads. He broke expectations in all 3 and players, management and commentators alike see his influence.

but the way he left us causes butt hurt.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He showed his brilliance at Juve, Italy and Chelsea. The first was an average squad that he rejuvenated to a very high level. The second was a below average squad that he again took to the highest level. The third is a half top half shit squad that he is again taking to a very high level.

Each of these had good coaches before hand that flopped miserably and had a terrible loser mentality. He changed that into rock solid defenses and insane grinta is attack. The only coach whose effect on his teams is that apparent is probably guardiola with his ticki tacka style. I have no idea how you see these 3 experiences as just flukes or achieving the normal expected targets from the squads. He broke expectations in all 3 and players, management and commentators alike see his influence.

but the way he left us causes butt hurt.
Did we really have good coaches before him tho?

And didn't Italy go to the Euro final before him as well?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

No we had coaches who had won nothing before, just as he had. The meeting of Juve and Conte was perfectly timed. This has all been said a million times anyway, we took a gamble on him and it worked perfectly.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
No we had coaches who had won nothing before, just as he had. The meeting of Juve and Conte was perfectly timed. This has all been said a million times anyway, we took a gamble on him and it worked perfectly.
Exactly, that was my point. Just trying to disprove what Hust said :D thank you

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

We had, but we lost our ways and conte gave back that winning mentality and it shouldnt be worked down. Stop forgetting how incredibly hurt in the bottom everyone was when Conte suddenly left.

Italy went to the euro final before. With quality. Conte was ripping it up with a great defence and some peasant filth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)