Antonio Conte (42 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Di Livio enjoys Pepe comparison

Juventus midfielder Simone Pepe is again being compared to Angelo Di Livio and the latter understands why.

Di Livio, an industrious right-winger, was a key figure in Marcello Lippi’s successful Old Lady side of the 1990s.

“I have to say that I do see myself sometimes when I watch Pepe play,” Di Livio, an Italian World Cup player, told Sky Italia.

“He knows how to attack and how to defend,” continued the former Fiorentina man. “He’s always in the right place at the right time.

“I’m quite pleased with the comparison between myself and Pepe, but I’m not sure if he is,” smiled Di Livio.

As well as the Di Livio-Pepe link, this present Juve side as a whole is being associated with that of Lippi’s 1994-95 outfit.

“I have to admit that Antonio Conte’s present side is reminding me of my Juve,” Angelo continued.

“There seems to be a different kind of motivation at the club this season and that has to be thanks to Conte.

“Juve had lost their hunger, their bite, but Antonio has worked hard on this aspect. This is what the club needed.”

http://www.football-italia.net/oct5k.html

Sep 14, 2003
5 matches played and the Italian media have already crowned us title challengers. I like Conte and am satisfied with what I have seen so far, but the hype has gone into overdrive.
Inevitable I'm a afraid. I think Conte and the players will stay firmly grounded, no ridiculous proclamations like last season.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Agreed. Conte is no idiot. Hes been there at all levels of the games and knows what it takes and knows the mentality needed by the players. None of this crap like Ibra saying "Milan are favorites" or Tiago Silva saying Milan and Barca are the best teams in the world. Success got to their heads and yes even though they have injuries their is no excuse to be in the table position they are in. Lack of focus and cocky attitude.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
'Tactically flamboyant'? What does that even mean?

He's already ditched his much publicized 4-4-2 for a strange 4-5-1 which does not favor either of his preferred strikers.

Kep differences are Pirlo, Lichsteiner and an all-round more athletic team with the feel-good factor/optimism of a new home/season.

Conte's managerial skills are not as big a factor right now.
He's making us win and we are playing good football. Give this man some credit.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3,329
    "He's a born winner, he won everything, was a captain. He knows how to win, he has implemented that mentality to the players. He understand Juve and how it works. You've seen how he changes the formation, that's a proof of intelligence, he knows how to adjust to players, their characteristics"

frick

Apr 4, 2010
    While I'm agree that it's too soon to judge Conte, you have to admit that he has done a good job. These kind of display didn't happen at least in the last two years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)