Antonio Conte (45 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Ciro didn't complete the season though. You don't know what could've happened if he was given the full chance, there were still a Europa League and a CL spot to fight for.

Though, tactically, it's obvious Conte is much better than Ferrara.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He seems like the guy who would say in ur face that ur sucking and should improve or forget about juventus.

As long as he keeps getting the best of our players, i dont mind him being passionate. In fact i like this kind of coaches. Nothing pisses me off more than a coach serious as hell when his team is winning 4-0 against barca in a CL final ( i ex).

He is a juventino at heart, he was a player, a captain and a fan. U cant blame him to feel happy when he led his juventus to trash an old rival u faced so many times as a player.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Credit where credit is due Mr. Fake Vidal ;) I loved Conte as a player, and so far he hasn't given me any reason to criticize him. He has even adapted his formation to suit the opposition, proving he is alert and flexible. None of our previous coaches since Farsopoli did that, which is saying a lot. Their stubbornness and refusal to adapt cost us points.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Credit where credit is due Mr. Fake Vidal ;) I loved Conte as a player, and so far he hasn't given me any reason to criticize him. He has even adapted his formation to suit the opposition, proving he is alert and flexible. None of our previous coaches since Farsopoli did that, which is saying a lot. Their stubbornness and refusal to adapt cost us points.
I think we knew what to expect in terms of his determination and drive, however even with Siena he did adjust his formation to counter the opposition and not just play the attacking 4-4-2, which i have only ever seen with guidolin at udinese (when it comes to other Italian managers)

I can't say im somewhat suprised at the results so far, im just f*cking relieved that i got something to sing about, i had a good feeling in general this summer about the season ahead which ties in with marotta's deals in the transfer market, albeit not signing a left back and another centre back, though we look very steady in the back generally speaking, you can see already the changes from pre season which we looked very shakey at the back. It also shows that Conte has a clear idea of who he wants and what he wants out of each individual, as long as marotta supplies that adequately, we will do very well i think.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
He seems like the guy who would say in ur face that ur sucking and should improve or forget about juventus.

As long as he keeps getting the best of our players, i dont mind him being passionate. In fact i like this kind of coaches. Nothing pisses me off more than a coach serious as hell when his team is winning 4-0 against barca in a CL final ( i ex).
Like Lippi :wink: the man won the world cup and he hardly reacted to it.

It all depends on the personality of the coach, i think wether they react passionately like Conte, Trapattoni or keeping it cool like Lippi, del Bosque doesn't really matter much.

At the end of the day, what happens behind closed doors between the coach and his players is what really matters. If the players really trust their coach and believe in what he does then they'll go along with him pretty well.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

It all depends on the personality of the coach, i think wether they react passionately like Conte, Trapattoni or keeping it cool like Lippi, del Bosque doesn't really matter much.

At the end of the day, what happens behind closed doors between the coach and his players is what really matters. If the players really trust their coach and believe in what he does then they'll go along with him pretty well.
i thought lippi was passionate even when he was at juve :) i mean sure he does'nt hug every single player he has a different style but he shows reaction to be honest compared to capello who yells more often. i think i will always remember lippi lighting his cigar after a goal as if he has earned the right to light up that cigar when he knows his team have got the game :D if memory serves me right, in the final of wc 2006 he was in tears if memory serves me right.

edit: also age plays a role guys, conte is still young he can run slide, yell al day long he has the youth for that. u cant see fregi, weneger, or lippi sliding on the pitch ala mourinho at there age :D

May 22, 2007
I don't think he knew what to do with himself :D He'd achieved being accomplished in all areas.

I agree. Villas Boas is animated like Conte and he had large success at a young age.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
i thought lippi was passionate even when he was at juve :) i mean sure he does'nt hug every single player he has a different style but he shows reaction to be honest compared to capello who yells more often. i think i will always remember lippi lighting his cigar after a goal as if he has earned the right to light up that cigar when he knows his team have got the game :D if memory serves me right, in the final of wc 2006 he was in tears if memory serves me right.

edit: also age plays a role guys, conte is still young he can run slide, yell al day long he has the youth for that. u cant see fregi, weneger, or lippi sliding on the pitch ala mourinho at there age :D
No one comes close to Lippi :D, he's my all time favourite coach and to me he was the best in this game. The way he lights up his cigars during games watching our players running their ass off and raping teams left and right is really unique.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You'd swear we had just won the league with these celebrations :lol:
It only shows that this team is trying... and are eager to let that horrid last seasons behind.
As a Juventino who lived the glory days, Conte is fully aware that Juventus is suffering , and wins like this can just give us more motivation to go on.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
"7 reasons to believe in the scudetto" when compared to Lippi's Juve."
http://www.tuttojuve.com/?action=read&idnotizia=65273

1. Like Lippi's 94/95 team, the team's strength's were working as a unit and the hunger for victory.

2. Like Lippi's 94/95 team, Ciro Ferrara played CB and full back. Chiellini.

3. Like Lippi's 94/95 team, Juve have a "soldier" on the wing in Pepe. He's also 28 like Di Livio was.

4. With his runs into the box, Marchio is reminiscent of Conte in Lippi's 94/95 team. Conte was also 25!

5. Like Lippi's 94/95 team, Andrea Pirlo is magically orchestrating the midfield. Akin to Paulo Sousa.

6. Despite changing formations, Conte's team runs similar to Lippi's 4-3-3. Think Vuci-Kras-Pepe.

7. If you don't count the last 2 scudetti it's been 9 years since Juve won. Just like when Lippi came in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)