Antonio Conte (88 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think because of our attitude and approach. We tend to struggle against the smaller sides because we don't afford them the respect they deserve, and assume that we are going to win anyway. It's a mental block.

I guess if we overestimated them, we'd be more focused and alert during our matches, thus eliminating those silly errors that cost us goals and points.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I think because of our attitude and approach. We tend to struggle against the smaller sides because we don't afford them the respect they deserve, and assume that we are going to win anyway. It's a mental block.

I guess if we overestimated them, we'd be more focused and alert during our matches, thus eliminating those silly errors that cost us goals and points.
Silly errors haven't got anything to do with how much we respect them. They're errors. It could happen to anyone, any game.

I think we actually respect the opposition too much in Europe. See the difference between the 1st and 2nd legs against Copenhagen. We spent way too much time in our side of the pitch for a team who's playing such minnows. Sure, we shouldn't be arrogant and attack them with full power from the first minute, but we only seemed to put pressure on them when it was too late in the game in the 1st leg. Compare that with the 2nd leg. Same goes last year against Nordsaejlllalalland.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I hate watching the team drop deep when the opponents have the ball so frustrating especially against lower teams. I miss the pressing we used to do in 11/12 with the 4-3-3 so much.

This is funny but i seen a stat on our counter attacks and we have 0 goals from counter attacks this season. A counter attack is one of the most important tools any team can have and watching us counter attack is just cringe worthy at times.

Conte has to much emphasis on not conceding rather than going all out for the win. I hope we see a change in philosophy soon those short corners are still embarrassing to watch still too.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
“He is a phenomenon, unique, I have never seen a Coach like him. He is also a bit 'loco’,” Tevez has told today’s edition of the Gazzetta dello Sport about Antonio Conte.

:lol:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I hate watching the team drop deep when the opponents have the ball so frustrating especially against lower teams. I miss the pressing we used to do in 11/12 with the 4-3-3 so much.

This is funny but i seen a stat on our counter attacks and we have 0 goals from counter attacks this season. A counter attack is one of the most important tools any team can have and watching us counter attack is just cringe worthy at times.

Conte has to much emphasis on not conceding rather than going all out for the win. I hope we see a change in philosophy soon those short corners are still embarrassing to watch still too.
Do you like anything at all about this current Juve?

Jul 1, 2010
So what do the anti 3-5-2 fags have to say about our current 11 game winning streak?

Oh I know, "but but Serie A is weak!" "oh we were knocked out of the CL"…fact is 3-5-2 is a formation of kings and noblemen.
It works very well in Serie A but we have to use a different formation in Europe. It is no coincidence that Conte switched to a back four for the Madrid games.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
That the Serie-A is weak is a great exaggeration. The image of the league took another huge blow when we crashed out of the CL, undoubtedly, but keep in mind that squads such as Inter's and Milan's are struggling in this league (they have many players that are very good), and that Napoli beat Arsenal - current Premier League leaders - in this season's CL. Tevez, in his most recent interview, says that it's the most difficult league he's ever played in.

The EPL has more quality overall, but Serie-A is still a very difficult league and the difference isn't as great as your ordinary "Goal.com" poster and the english media would have you believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)