Antonio Conte (161 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Conte was demanding the club to spend, and took quite a while to renew last summer.

How does he feel about Agnelli's talk about Pogba ?
I'm fairly sure that the Pogba comments are a trick directly from the p. 3 of the Galliani handbook of creating succes from nothing. Pogba is going to renew in a couple of days and everyone will be like "Oh Agnelli totally handled the Pogba exit rumours brilliantly". You can see that in newspapers, no one is talking about how the entire deal was sparked - they're just debating who is going to sign him :D .

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I really hope so. I first tought aswel "oh, renewal comedia". but...

1) I dont like that he said this. Even if its exactly as you say. I think it tarnishes our image still
2) Unlikely, but if he actually means it...

lets hope for the better

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'm fairly sure that the Pogba comments are a trick directly from the p. 3 of the Galliani handbook of creating succes from nothing. Pogba is going to renew in a couple of days and everyone will be like "Oh Agnelli totally handled the Pogba exit rumours brilliantly". You can see that in newspapers, no one is talking about how the entire deal was sparked - they're just debating who is going to sign him :D .
wut no

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
The problem isn't our formation, our problem is the quality of footballers in our team. While we do have some quality in the side we don't have any zidanes or Del Piero's. If we had better quality, no one would be compaining about our formation.

The Bayern games have certainly made people negative towards our formation. We lost because their team has significantly more quality than ours. Their players are technically and physically way superior than ours. Look how we dismantled chelsea with our formation, we made them look amateurish but they themselves aren't an elite team.

We need to start moving the ball better and we can only do that by getting better footballers.

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
So what you're saying is that there are only 5 quality teams out there, at most. Makes sense.
When did I say that? We're not an elite side because we don't have players of the quality to compete with the very finest in the world. There are currently 4 elite teams(Bayern, Madrid, Dortmund(dependent on gundogans fitness), Barca). Arsenal and City are trying really hard to join the huddle.
We aren't going to join the elite sides unless we get a team together with some proper quality.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I only see Bayern, Barca, and Madrid as having something extra (provided we play to our potential).

Other than that, we are on equal footing with the likes of Chelsea, City, PSG (most definitely not in terms of financial muscle as regards that vaunted trio), Arsenal, Dortmund, and United.

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
We can't buy those players, so...

This isn't turning into a Ravel Morrison argument, is it? :D
Atm there are plenty of youngsters with potential to be world class one day. A lot of hidden gems running around. Look how easily belgium managed to qualify for the world cup despite playing with a bunch of kids in their early 20's. We probably can't afford morrison unless we make a big sale, or make a move now(we won't)

Hidden gems is where its at for us in our financial situation but if we intend to blame our formation for our failures or go into the market and get in some average seria a talent we're going nowhere quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

We can't buy those players, so...

This isn't turning into a Ravel Morrison argument, is it? :D
Atm there are plenty of youngsters with potential to be world class one day. A lot of hidden gems running around. Look how easily belgium managed to qualify for the world cup despite playing with a bunch of kids in their early 20's. We probably can't afford morrison unless we make a big sale, or make a move now(we won't)

Hidden gems is where its at for us in our financial situation but if we intend to blame our formation for our failures or go into the market and get in some average seria a talent we're going nowhere quickly.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I doubt we'll win anything with a bunch of players early 20s, and that includes Serie A. Depends whether you fancy putting up with a couple of development seasons. Judging by this forum's reaction to a couple of draws I'd say that is extremely unlikely.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
in order to develop yuongsters we need to use them as 2nd choice subs. this was done by dortmund in the 2010/2012 season where lewadolski was playing as sub and he scored about 8 goals behind their main striker who scored around 20. after they let lewadolski play 1st choice striker and he scored 25 goals for them. we should do this with gabbiadini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 155)