Antonio Conte (323 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Edoardo

Feb 28, 2013
Bonucci said it best. Conte doesn't know any foreign language yet and he is the kind of coach that needs that level of communication. It takes time to learn a language. He'll be here for 2 more seasons, after that we'll see. Maybe we won't be so enthusiastic about him anymore then, coaches tend to have an expiration date. Or maybe he'll get bored of Serie A. But that's OK. Even Lippi left us.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
He'll stay aslong as the team is competitive and until his motivation ends, I wouldn't completely dismiss that he could move on this summer if he fails to get the players he wants.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think deep down Conte knows the likes of Suarez, Ibra, Benzema etc are out of reach financially, however Marotta fucking about and then presenting Anelka and Bendtner no doubt pissed Conte off.

Players like Sanchez, Jovetic for example are two players in our reach financially and Marotta seems to fuck about too much.
Yea, I don't think they get along to be honest. And nor do we really know the hierarchy and the way the club is working internally. There seems to be a bit of a power struggle between Beppe and Conte for who should have the last say in the mercato dealings of the club.

Clearly Beppe has failed Conte on more than one occasion for him to have seen a pattern, rather than keep it pinned down to our inability to lure half decent players seeing how this team is coping in Europe and the Serie a. My feeling is that Conte is going to give it another go this season to see how things work out on the mercato before making his up. I'm guessing they're going to have to give him some guarantees. Either in salary or deliverables of the forward line. No more fucking about.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Give this man higher salary, put some clause in it so who ever wants to appoint him should pay huge compensation to us.
Putting any buyout clause would be foolish, you're powerless if someone activates it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, I don't think they get along to be honest. And nor do we really know the hierarchy and the way the club is working internally. There seems to be a bit of a power struggle between Beppe and Conte for who should have the last say in the mercato dealings of the club.

Clearly Beppe has failed Conte on more than one occasion for him to have seen a pattern, rather than keep it pinned down to our inability to lure half decent players seeing how this team is coping in Europe and the Serie a. My feeling is that Conte is going to give it another go this season to see how things work out on the mercato before making his up. I'm guessing they're going to have to give him some guarantees. Either in salary or deliverables of the forward line. No more $#@!ing about.
It was interesting of Marotta to admit Nedved talked to Leornardo about Ibra, why wouldn't Marotta be doing that?

- - - Updated - - -

Deep down I think Marotta is a man of Elkann and Nedved is Andrea's man.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Putting any buyout clause would be foolish, you're powerless if someone activates it.
If someone wants to appoint him before his contract ends and he accepts it we should be compensated. That doesn't mean that he must leave if an offer comes. He is free to decide but if he has clause we get something in return.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Clearly Beppe has failed Conte on more than one occasion for him to have seen a pattern, rather than keep it pinned down to our inability to lure half decent players seeing how this team is coping in Europe and the Serie a. My feeling is that Conte is going to give it another go this season to see how things work out on the mercato before making his up. I'm guessing they're going to have to give him some guarantees. Either in salary or deliverables of the forward line. No more fucking about.
What evidence or feeling do you have to assume this?

If anything, Conte has stated on numerous occasions how he enjoys the rapport with Paratici and Marotta and they work well together. It's clear to me that what's bothering Conte isn't the club, but the football "machine" in Italy that is against him and Juventus.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

It was interesting of Marotta to admit Nedved talked to Leornardo about Ibra, why wouldn't Marotta be doing that?

- - - Updated - - -

Deep down I think Marotta is a man of Elkann and Nedved is Andrea's man.
interesting read between the lines if you consider it nick

Conte dropping the foreign league bomb, on the same day marotta suggests with nedved-talks to leonardo about ibra.

something is gonna happen.

Marotta is in the boards pocket naturally, they limit what he can do, simply as that. Its not galliani who has nearly a free card from berlulsconi.

Then again, its one of the reasons we are so far ahead of milan

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:

I just love how some people just need to create and promote "drama" in the team, even when things are going insanely well for us. Weird shit.
Yeah, seriously man, i hate this "conspiracy theory".

I'll tell you how it probably goes, Elkann is the financial boss, he leaves everything to agnelli, but he decides on the money. Marotta has strict rules about players he can sign, and knows very well what the board will accept and what not.
Conte tells the board the players he wants.
Patri scouts a bit in function of the team and generally interesting players
Marotta tries to find players that conte wants who are good value for money.

Thats how a less then 200mil teams slowly tries to build its way forward, competing with teams who had eighter a finished team(last year milan, napoli) or 300+mil turnover teams in europe.

If marotta could just go and sign what conte wants cause plenty of budged, he'd do it.

Conte is probably jelous of mourinho. "i want modric, sign him" and he gets signed. But he knows it will take a while before that can happen so he suggests and tells what players he wants

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 317)