Angelo Ogbonna - CB - Torino (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Absolutely not.

He'll replace Chiellini when injured, or needs rest. I could also see Conte deploying Ogbonna as a LB to be honest.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
10m is better but would have preferred signing Llorente's teammate on a free though to have more cash available for a top forward or winger. I hope that 10m won't stop us from signing JoJo, Higuain or both. :mad:

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
We've gotta bring in at least one natural CB. I'd prefer it if we got someone like Masi or Sørensen worked in as we still have Caceres and (perhaps) Marrone and Peluso at a pinch, so we don't REALLY need Ogbonna. Then spend the D money on a natural LWB like Lulic.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@red

Your thoughts on this potential move?
I like the look of Ogbonna - strong, mobile, tidy on the ball, reads the game reasonably.

He started the season well and was looking very good.

He's since been injured a lot and hasn't regained his form, which I imagine is where a lot of the stuff against him in this thread is coming from.

A key reason I think he'd be a good move for Juve is that I think he could do a decent job of playing Bonucci's role as well as being a pretty natural fit for playing as one of the wider centre backs.

I think I'd be trying to sign him if I was in charge at Man Utd and looking for a fairly direct replacement for Ferdinand.

I still find it hard to see:

1. Torino being happy to sell to Juve;
2. Ogbonna being available at a price that Juve are willing to pay and no other good team is;
3. Ogbonna choosing to be a back-up (albeit one that would play quite a lot) at Juve over a move to another good team

So I don't see this transfer happening.

If Ogbonna was available for 10-12m, would Milan not move for him? And would he not choose to start for Milan ahead of sitting on Juve's bench?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Milan are the ones I'd worry about. United are extending Ferdinands contract, they have Vidic, Smalling, Evans and Jones who Moyes may choose to play in defence.

Torino willing to deal with us is a valid concern however with the loss of Bianchi perhaps one of our younger strikers may be of interest to them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Milan are the ones I'd worry about. United are extending Ferdinands contract, they have Vidic, Smalling, Evans and Jones who Moyes may choose to play in defence.

Torino willing to deal with us is a valid concern however with the loss of Bianchi perhaps one of our younger strikers may be of interest to them.
Yeah, I'm not suggesting Man Utd will be in for him - just using Ferdinand as a comparison to show the type of defender I see Ogbonna as.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't understand the fuss surrounding this guy. Let's just give our youngsters a chance. I am sure Masi will be a very good/solid/reliable defender in a couple of
years.

More youth please: Vietto, Berardi, and Cerri.
can you honestly say you've actually watched any of those 3?

you mention more youth please, it's not like ogbonna is nearing 30 and he's far more established than Masi who suffered a serious injury earlier in the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)