Angelo Ogbonna - CB - Torino (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Barzagli isn't getting younger...I think with rotation between Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini and Ogbonna would suffice in 3 competitions. Lastly, providing Marrone stays I think we will be covered for injuries, suspensions and random fatigue/rotation.

Caceres to play as RWB as backup?

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Barzagli isn't getting younger...I think with rotation between Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini and Ogbonna would suffice in 3 competitions. Lastly, providing Marrone stays I think we will be covered for injuries, suspensions and random fatigue/rotation.

Caceres to play as RWB as backup?
Ogbonna playing RCB?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Chiellini was so injury prone last season, I think signing Ogbonna would be a great move, Torino do need a new a new forward and I think we could use Immobile or Boakye in a cash plus player deal.

As some have said Ogbonna has more chance of making the world cup squad with us rather than Torino, the only worry in this deal is Meelan.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
http://football-italia.net/34604/juve-step-ogbonna-chase

Juve step up Ogbonna chase

Juventus are reportedly stepping up their attempts to sign Angelo Ogbonna from rivals Torino.
The Italian international defender would be for sale for the right price, which is believed to be around €10m-€12m.
According to Sky Sport Italia, the Bianconeri have made concrete steps to open negotiations with Toro.
They hope to secure a deal before Premier League clubs such as Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United prepare formal offers, while there is also Italian interest from Napoli and Milan.
Ogbonna turned 25 this week and his contract holds him to the Granata until June 2016.
He made only 22 Serie A appearances this season, as he was out for two months following a hernia operation.

can somebody explain to me where this valuation is coming from? i don´t get it...

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I agree.

I think Barzagli is the defender Juve should be looking to find a replacement for first.
Very true. But Chiellini's absence due to injury also had a pretty telling effect on our entire left side, so it's probably worth considering something for that LCB spot.

I think Ogbonna is alright and could become pretty great but he's not worth anything more than €10M. If he's bought, and bought at that price, they'd be hoping to groom one of Masi or Sørensen to eventually take over for Barzagli - with the former having a style closer to the man he'd be replacing.

Either way, Caceres looks to be the guy that gets shafted.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He should be better then Caceres, but that says little, I dont rate this guy much to say the least. Error prone and clumsy. Hope we dont overpay.

May 22, 2007
Very true. But Chiellini's absence due to injury also had a pretty telling effect on our entire left side, so it's probably worth considering something for that LCB spot.

I think Ogbonna is alright and could become pretty great but he's not worth anything more than €10M. If he's bought, and bought at that price, they'd be hoping to groom one of Masi or Sørensen to eventually take over for Barzagli - with the former having a style closer to the man he'd be replacing.

Either way, Caceres looks to be the guy that gets shafted.
I thought about Chiellini's injury problems but I found Cáceres to be handy in that position, more than most natural right footed players would. If Chiellini wasn't good for half the season (Ledley King style) then I would be a lot more tempted to see Ogbonna purchased, but I wouldn't go over €10m at this point either.

The club has purchased quite a few young centre backs under this management, hoping to see someone like Masi come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)