Andrea Pirlo (23 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
IMO the final decision and therefore the responsibility of that is on Agnelli. I gather that from their public statements like Agnelli saying that firing Allegri was his hardest decision in charge of Juve. The rest about who influenced what and who was in favour of which coach is all baseless speculation originating from journalists who might have a good source and might be pulling things out of their ass.
Nah. C’mon dude. Agnelli didn’t fire Max or hire Pirlo and Sarri without his sporting directors being involved heavily in the decisions. That’s just nonsense. You think they construct the team but have little say in the coaching appointment? Nonsense.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I agree with everything bar Ronaldo's part although I see what you're aiming at.

7? Seems generous at this stage imo.

Majority of our players are bench material I'd say. When you look at the names we brought and fees paid, I'd say it was way too much money for so little result. I do agree that Pirlo is underperforming with this team but I don't think other coaches would turn this squad into wizards. To me it seems like our starting XI lacks basic football knowledge as their movement is way off. It's like they lack football IQ. It's like over 100 million euros wasted on players who should not start here.

I agree it's a tough task rejuvenating the squad but you'd expect players to play. I remember us signing Vidal. I was jaw-dropping everything he came on the pitch eventhough he was new to the league. What a brilliant signing that was, hell, for peanuts. Now we spend 25-40mln on players who are average at best. I don't know how so many failed transfers can be a 7.
Dunno, I look at Chiesa and I think we've struck a goldmine there, wouldn't trade that guy for anybody else in Serie A. Sure he didn't cost 10m like Vidal, but how often does that happen? Morata was great value for money. Arthur, McKennie and Kulu are debatable, but definitely not bad or horrible signings, IMO we won both the Arthur and McKennie trades, Kulu remains to be seen. 7/10 is a good mercato not a perfect one and I think Paratici did well over the summer, 4 out of our TOP5 goalscorers this year are newcomers.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Nah. C’mon dude. Agnelli didn’t fire Max or hire Pirlo and Sarri without his sporting directors being involved heavily in the decisions. That’s just nonsense. You think they construct the team but have little say in the coaching appointment? Nonsense.
Sure they were involved, but the decision was clearly Andreas, that's his role in the club, the big picture. He's responsible for hiring Pirlo and he's also responsible for hiring Tici. And for firing Allegri and Marotta. And firing and hiring Sarri. Who weighed in with what opinion which lead to those decisions is pure speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri himself spoke about how Tootsie and Goldilocks courted him to come to Juve lol.
Thats their job, but it doesn't mean they have the authority to fire Max and hire Sarri.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dunno, I look at Chiesa and I think we've struck a goldmine there, wouldn't trade that guy for anybody else in Serie A. Sure he didn't cost 10m like Vidal, but how often does that happen? Morata was great value for money. Arthur, McKennie and Kulu are debatable, but definitely not bad or horrible signings, IMO we won both the Arthur and McKennie trades, Kulu remains to be seen. 7/10 is a good mercato and I think Paratici did well over the summer, 4 out of our TOP5 goalscorers this year are newcomers.
Chiesa was a wonderful signing. He proved me wrong. But unlike others I was not fapping over Berna when we chased him in that drama.

Kulu is a talent but he seems incapable of coping as his agility lets him down. Maybe strictly as AM? Not sure we'll get much use of him.

Both Arthur and McKennie look like bench players to me. I'm not saying horrible but I surely can't see them in a starting XI for a team that's chasing CL.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sure they were involved, but the decision was clearly Andreas, that's his role in the club, the big picture. He's responsible for hiring Pirlo and he's also responsible for hiring Tici. And for firing Allegri and Marotta. Who weighed in with what opinion which lead to those decisions is pure speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats their job, but it doesn't mean they have the authority to fire Max and hire Sarri.
Man, regardless of whether Agnelli ultimately had the final say or not, these guys are clearly telling him who they want to coach the squad they are building. If we make two bad coaching hires in a row, they need to do a much better job convincing Agnelli to hire better coaches. It’s part of their job. Obviously.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Man, regardless of whether Agnelli ultimately had the final say or not, these guys are clearly telling him who they want to coach the squad they are building. If we make two bad coaching hires in a row, they need to do a much better job convincing Agnelli to hire better coaches. It’s part of their job. Obviously.
I'd separate the two coaching hires though. Sarri was a risky hire and it didn't work out and we had to pay him and his staff for another year, but overall we still won the Scudetto and the situation was stable. Pirlo was a stupidly high risk move that has failed spectacularly, thats a whole other level of bad. Sure he was a bit cheaper but the money we've lost with his hire is far greater than the 5m we saved with his low wages.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Nah. He could easily have won us CL. And could going forward with the proper side. We were 1-1 in the second half of two CL finals against two of the most dominant teams of all time. He showed it by being the only one to beat both Real and Barca during their dominant period. If Max gets lucky like Klopp and gets to play a side like Tottenham in one of his finals we have a CL title already. Unfortunately we didn’t, and that’s the way shit happens sometimes but it’s hardly indicative of him not being able to win it lol.

I do think it was time to part ways after the 2018-19 season, and Max took a well-earned and much needed sabbatical. Fully rested and rejuvenated, and freshly motivated again, he would be by far the best coaching hire we could make if someone like Zidane doesn’t become available.
I think realistically the task was just too difficult. As you said those were two of the greatest teams of their time. Their firepower was simply way above anything we had but we fought the best we could. Ultimately Allegri would’ve a trophy by now if we had gone against Tottenham/Liverpool/Atlético instead. It sucks.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
lol people crediting paratici but blaming the guy with no experience in his role

so much lel
No one forced him to accept the role. And he is the coach after all so no free out of jail cards for him.

Street

- - - Updated - - -

We will never fire him, this is just so sad
He needs to resign or something.

Something must be done about this cancer named Pirlo.

No hate on him tho, but please get the fuck out with ticci and nedved

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Pirlo played at the highest possible level under some great coaches and alongside magnificent, legendary players yet he cannot implement anything from all his playing experience. I never expected CL glory or a domestic treble but never have I seen our team collapse so spectacularly.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Pirlo Ferrara and Del Neri have probably been our worst managerial appointments in the history of Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully its the same with Pirlo but the thing is with Sarri we all knew he is going to be fired. With Pirlo I dont feel as confident..
Anyway - When you want to play like a pro you hire a pro! This is what I have to say about our recent decisions..

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Pirlo played at the highest possible level under some great coaches and alongside magnificent, legendary players yet he cannot implement anything from all his playing experience. I never expected CL glory or a domestic treble but never have I seen our team collapse so spectacularly.
Pirlo had superior understanding of the game in his own mind and could quickly read the field.

It means Pirlo can train benta to some degree, show him his idea of football but It doesn't mean he can transfer that ability to or surgically enhance his brain to see things he doesn't. Having been a great player doesn't mean you necessarily have an edge if you don't have managerial skills which Pirlo doesn't.

If zidane had never played himself or had been a serie B level player he could still become a good manager, it's a separate quality this guy just lacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)