Andrea Pirlo (89 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Give today's team to Allegri or even Sarri and we'd have won it pretty easily.

This shit is on Pirlo - the players are so clueless, get in each other's way all the time. They're much better than this but there's a complete lack of organization and understanding what to do.

We need a coach first and foremost. Squad changes should only come after that. I wish we sack our own Lampard to find a Tuchel.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
How's that penny pinching paid off?

We'll have lost far more in revenue from getting kicked out of the CL in the last 16. Then there are sponsorship deals etc. If we miss the top 4, the loss becomes massive.

For me the coach is the arguably the most important signing you can make. Scrimping here is a false economy.
Intially Pirlo was appointed as U23 coach and Agnelli wanted a Zidane like gamble with Pirlo

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Give today's team to Allegri or even Sarri and we'd have won it pretty easily.

This shit is on Pirlo - the players are so clueless, get in each other's way all the time. They're much better than this but there's a complete lack of organization and understanding what to do.

We need a coach first and foremost. Squad changes should only come after that. I wish we sack our own Lampard to find a Tuchel.
I can't understand the different objectives for Allegri and sarri who were removed after the champions league exit in spite of winning the scudetto and here we will most probably finish fourth yet we want to continue with Pirlo

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@Juve_fanatic

Mistakes happen but its the reaction that's important and the coach does that. He is supposed to study the opponent then think of a game plan, he should have played out multiple scenarios and have an idea of what to change etc. The players can only try their best but they need guidance from the touchline because the coach should be taking notes, he should be thinking and looking for weakness in Benevento.

It's obvious that without Cuadrado we can't win shit and that Morata is out of form so we can't even hope to win shit. That's Pirlo's thesis right there.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I can't understand the different objectives for Allegri and sarri who were removed after the champions league exit in spite of winning the scudetto and here we will most probably finish fourth yet we want to continue with Pirlo
I don't think we will. Everything points to yet another Summer revolution, as it should.

That shit is unacceptable.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Escalation of commitment
:agnelli:

downhill since he fired allegri

i remember you saying fuck marotta multiple times, and for a degree, i agree. it looked like he made plenty of bad decisions. but i started to have second thoughts on marotta's "we weren't in sync with president agnelli" statement after it was announced he's leaving juve. marotta at inda was flawless with his key choices (icardi, conte, lukaku, barella, even hakimi).

:boh:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

i remember you saying fuck marotta multiple times, and for a degree, i agree. it looked like he made plenty of bad decisions. but i started to have second thoughts on marotta's "we weren't in sync with president agnelli" statement after it was announced he's leaving juve. marotta at inda was flawless with his key choices (icardi, conte, lukaku, barella, even hakimi).

I don't like marotta and believed we outgrew him, but it all started with replacing allegri with sarri, then even worse bringing in Pirlo. We are back to marotta level but we are not winning CL with marotta.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Pirlo is friends with senatori. Simple as that. That's the club we've become.

Nothing good happens when you keep relics from the past in important positions. I would even sacrifice Chiellini if it means that we get them all out. Give the band straight to De Ligt and go for a new era.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Pirlo is friends with senatori. Simple as that. That's the club we've become.

Nothing good happens when you keep relics from the past in important positions. I would even sacrifice Chiellini if it means that we get them all out. Give the band straight to De Ligt and go for a new era.
But then why did we sign Ronaldo and then hire rookie coach we are literally pushing ourselves into financial difficulties and the ambition of doing well in the champions league is not there

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

In hindsight, it all went downhill since the JJ rebranding. That was the main motivation behind the Cristiano move. Sadly it came at the expense of sacrificing/penny pinching on other areas of the squad and just poor overall recruiting/planning in general.
We should've gone the Bayern route of refreshing our squad with top young players in the summer of 2018, instead we went the Barca route, bought a bunch of veterans into an already ageing squad, irresponsibly spent the constrained budget and crippled ourselves further.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't like marotta and believed we outgrew him, but it all started with replacing allegri with sarri, then even worse bringing in Pirlo. We are back to marotta level but we are not winning CL with marotta.
we're not even winning the league with tici and pirlo :( cl is a huge gamble, especially for a team barely in the top10 financially. we should aim for regaining league dominance above all.

allegri was my favorite juve coach ever, i liked him more than lippi or trap, even though those won the cl for juve. his axe was a choice between players and coach, and it looked like a reasonable one at that point. clubs usually can't afford to replace half of the squad between seasons, especially not if key players like bonucci, dybala and pjanic are involved. it looked like going for the 10th in a row is more likely with those players than with max. in hindsight, it was obviously a bad decision.

anyway, luis campos is my man. just as important as a proper new coach. at this point, besides de ligt, cuadrado and chiesa, there's not a single player i consider untouchable. it might take a season or two, but this squad needs an overhaul.

- - - Updated - - -

... Sadly it came at the expense of sacrificing/penny pinching on other areas of the squad and just poor overall recruiting/planning in general...
no buddy, sorry, this is wrong. just check how much we are spending on the rest of the squad besides ronaldo, it's a way, way overpaid bunch regardless of cr. how the fuck can bonucci and tek earn 6.5m, ramsey and rabiot get 7m, de ligt is one of the most expensive defenders ever, we paid 60m for chiesa, fucking emre can got a 16m signing bonus, arthur costs over 20m per season, i could go on. we didn't stop spending after cr's arrival, we just picked the wrong players. (de ligt is actually a very good player, he's an exception, still, the point stands.)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I just don't understand this unwavering confidence we have on a coach that has never proven he can play winning football. I'd understand this stance if he was a proven coach.
Exactly my thoughts.

What has Pirlo ever proven to deserve time and faith to turn things around?

All we can go on is his managerial career so far and he has taken us significantly backwards.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Watching Del Piero speak on ESPN FC right now.

He seems certain that Pirlo will be here next season, that the club are fully behind him and supporting him. Thinks Pirlo needs more time.

They also discussed how Italian sides are crap in Europe because they play too casually and lack the intensity of other sides. Pirlo is apparently our move to change that style and it will take time? :boh:

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005

He seems certain that Pirlo will be here next season, that the club are fully behind him and supporting him. Thinks Pirlo needs more time.
He will be here because our management makes incompetent decisions and seem to have the naive notion that Pirlo is the new Zidane.

It is the international break now, if we are going to sack him it is the right time. We won't though.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

They also discussed how Italian sides are crap in Europe because they play too casually and lack the intensity of other sides. Pirlo is apparently our move to change that style and it will take time? :boh:
His a Legend, not our spokesperson and repeating pretty much what our management have said. And that's the problem we have, no legend out there is willing to throw even a hint of criticism. Nothing wrong with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 79)