vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Another match where he proves those people (who say he can't handle big games at his age) wrong.

Brilliant player and great performance. Too bad he didn't score from that FK, it looked like one of Juninho's curve.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
The more the years go on, the more I realise that English fans and media genuinely have absolutely zero idea about football.
Spot on.

This pommy fan at work was sure they'd pulverise Italy with their power and pace.

I'll be asking him how that went for him first thing tomorrow went for him :D

But this Pirlo, what a player! I really thought England would man mark him but they allowed him to play. And because there are other solid passes in the team, namely De Rossi and Veratti, it makes it all that much more difficult to man mark Pirlo, as it leaves you open to other dangers.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
But this Pirlo, what a player! I really thought England would man mark him but they allowed him to play. And because there are other solid passes in the team, namely De Rossi and Veratti, it makes it all that much more difficult to man mark Pirlo, as it leaves you open to other dangers.
That was the clever part. England didn't have a clue who to man mark.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
"There are always lessons to be found in the darkest moments. It’s a moral obligation to dig deep and find that little glimmer of hope or pearl of wisdom. You might hit upon an elegant phrase that stays with you and makes the journey that little bit less bitter. I’ve tried with Istanbul and haven’t managed to get beyond these words: for f***s sake."

Said that after the loss in Istanbul :lol:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
You simply can not focus entirely on Pirlo this year. As has been said, there's a bunch of midfielders who can easily keep the ball moving if Pirlo is being marked closely.

Unlike Juve and 3-5-2 where if you shut Pirlo down, Bonucci is left clowning around and being forced into making mistakes.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Another match where he proves those people (who say he can't handle big games at his age) wrong.

Brilliant player and great performance. Too bad he didn't score from that FK, it looked like one of Juninho's curve.
Actually italian commentators were saying all through the 2nd half that how he can't help defending against Sterling and other pacy attackers while England was pressing hard for the equalizer, and Motta, De Rossi and other midfielders around him should make up for the hole in mid created, bcuz of him being too static. Marchisio was doing a good job limiting Sterlings runs from the left flank.
Though they never said he should be subbed for this.

That being said, he was absolutely mesmerizing for the large part of the game.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It's much harder for Pirlo at times for Juve as half of his passing options are behind him most of the time. For Italy he has a tonne of options all around him like DDR and Verratti. Even Darmian was making himself available.

For us, it's a lot of turning around and giving it to Bonucci who then plays a glorious game of keep ball with Buffon, Chiellini and Barzagli.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It's much harder for Pirlo at times for Juve as half of his passing options are behind him most of the time. For Italy he has a tonne of options all around him like DDR and Verratti. Even Darmian was making himself available.

For us, it's a lot of turning around and giving it to Bonucci who then plays a glorious game of keep ball with Buffon, Chiellini and Barzagli.
lol so true and sad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)