Andrea Pirlo (76 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
British media bowing down to il maestro again, I think they'l genuinely miss him after this tournament ends.

He's a throwback player, transported from the 70s, I doubt we'll see his like again.

Jul 10, 2006
British media bowing down to il maestro again, I think they'l genuinely miss him after this tournament ends.

He's a throwback player, transported from the 70s, I doubt we'll see his like again.
You are right, we won't see another one like him. So glad he is our player for his golden years. I want Italy to win this world cup so bad just to seal his legend and make his last couple seasons that much more special for him and for all of us. He has become an icon, he always had the signature hair and now he has added the signature beard which will always be tied to his Juventus days. Signing him was the best thing this club has done in recent years, not just for the trophies he has helped us win, but for him becoming the face of the franchise. He is a player that everyone loves, no matter what club you support. Everyone respects and is in awe of Pirlo.

Jul 10, 2006
Is that your blog ? . I visit it often :D. Awesome work :tup: .
Yea man, that's my baby. :) It's the most popular Pirlo blog on tumblr. Whenever you search his name it's the first blog tumblr pulls up. I'm glad you like it, thanks! This world cup has made it explode, I'm adding like 5 followers ever 15 minutes it seems. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Stats from the blog for the last 24 hours!

Attachments

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Yea man, that's my baby. :) It's the most popular Pirlo blog on tumblr. Whenever you search his name it's the first blog tumblr pulls up. I'm glad you like it, thanks! This world cup has made it explode, I'm adding like 5 followers ever 15 minutes it seems. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Stats from the blog for the last 24 hours!
It's good to see pirlo get this deserved recognition , he was so underappreciated at milan .

What a signing for us , he has now become a brand . :D

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
The way he's been used for Italy is briliant, he doesn't have to provide extra cover for the defence all the time. We should try using him the same way next season, if we switch formations

Jul 10, 2006
It's good to see pirlo get this deserved recognition , he was so underappreciated at milan .

What a signing for us , he has now become a brand . :D
Yea, exactly. He won a lot of shit at Milan, but still never really made that jump to superstar status.

He has achieved that with Juve by helping to bring us back to glory, his incredible play at Euro 2012 with the Azzurri and, of course, growing that Christ-like beard. :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
95% pass rate yesterday :touched:
How could he not? No English defender would mark him closer than 5 yards all night. So I don't lend too much to that stat.

I'm dumbfounded about how the British media have become such a huge fanboy of him in recent years. It's awesome and unexpected, if not also deserved. But I also fear they are a little too quick to give him praise and credit, and there are a ton of great players laboring outside the EPL that pretty much get dismissed.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Any one saw the moment before the game as the players were walking in.. Roy Hudgson walked up to him to shake his hands.. that was something :)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
How could he not? No English defender would mark him closer than 5 yards all night. So I don't lend too much to that stat.

I'm dumbfounded about how the British media have become such a huge fanboy of him in recent years. It's awesome and unexpected, if not also deserved. But I also fear they are a little too quick to give him praise and credit, and there are a ton of great players laboring outside the EPL that pretty much get dismissed.
give it a few weeks, they will revert back to the 'he's old and washed up' comments again, same happened at euro 2012 after Pirlo gave them a master class then. all the EPL fans were too busy dreaming of wilshite becoming the next Pirlo :howler:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yep basically it follows this pattern

England are paired up with Italy

Clueless idiots say Pirlo's old, finished, washed up etc etc

The game draws a little closer

"Surely he's not still the same Pirlo"

The game is quite close

"We'll have to keep an eye on Pirlo

Just before the game, people watch some clips of recent games

"Pirlo makes them tick, he is a special player"

During the game

Pirlo is GOD. Pirlo is LIFE.

After the game

Pirlo is unstoppable. Pirlo is LYF.

2 months later

He's washed up, he's finished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)