Andrea Pirlo (118 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Because they pressed like idiots from the beginning and ran out of gas quick. One would think after 50 years of coaching Gasp would know how to adjust
The very definition of one trick ponny. He has done amazing job at Atalanta but to emulate that here he would need to be more adaptable to various situations. Losing few games over there isnt a big deal, there is no pressure to deliver results on consistent basis. But coaching Juve is entirely dufferent game. You are constantly pressured by fans, media and managment. He failed at inter and sure post Mou inter was a mess but are much different atm?

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Sell the deadwood and buy a proper midfield and I think he can do a lot better, but unfortunately we are broke our directors are crack addicts.
Anyway, Zizou then Allegri or we're fucked.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yeah beside chiesa and Ronaldo everyone else has been meh to horrible
This team is much better than 5th place. Id say we are still the strongest side in the league with good core of young players that will be protagonists in years to come. He fucked up simple as that. Entire season he has been fielding players out of position and struggled to identify best selection of players or a system. He looked completely out of place.

Jun 16, 2020
Because they pressed like idiots from the beginning and ran out of gas quick. One would think after 50 years of coaching Gasp would know how to adjust
We tent to concede very quick and usually we have to recover in the second half from it. It don’t think that his decision was very strange. Our team effort today was just better than usual.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
This team is much better than 5th place. Id say we are still the strongest side in the league with good core of young players that will be protagonist in years to come. He fucked up simple as that. Entire season he has been fielding players out of position and struggled to identify best selection of players or a system. He looked completely out of place.
If Allegri and Zidane are not available who would be our best option between Gattuso and Inzaghi

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
This team is much better than 5th place. Id say we are still the strongest side in the league with good core of young players that will be protagonists in years to come. He fucked up simple as that. Entire season he has been fielding players out of position and struggled to identify best selection of players or a system. He looked completely out of place.
I think at most this team is sitting in 2nd 3rd place but you forget covid and injuries which took a massive toll. We just got Dybala back and he's still not Dybala

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Chiellini revealing Pirlo's halftime 'tactics':

"We expected them to start strong, but not that strong. The sensation we had at half-time was that Atalanta had used up a lot of energy and we could cause them problems with a higher press. We were more organised, they fell away over time and we grew stronger."

“The idea was to press them a bit higher, that way they can’t have that build-up of pressure when they play out from the back. It’s inevitable they’d lose some intensity after that first half played at a frantic tempo"

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think at most this team is sitting in 2nd 3rd place but you forget covid and injuries which took a massive toll. We just got Dybala back and he's still not Dybala
It took toll on other teams as well. Lets not make excuses. Its not only that we suffered humiliating defeats against big sides but we failed to secure points against teams several levels bellow us. U cant blame covid or injuries for that. Benevento havent won 20 or something games but they won in Turin out of all places. Inexcusable.

- - - Updated - - -

Chiellini revealing Pirlo's halftime 'tactics':

"We expected them to start strong, but not that strong. The sensation we had at half-time was that Atalanta had used up a lot of energy and we could cause them problems with a higher press. We were more organised, they fell away over time and we grew stronger."

“The idea was to press them a bit higher, that way they can’t have that build-up of pressure when they play out from the back. It’s inevitable they’d lose some intensity after that first half played at a frantic tempo"
@zizinho Spot on

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I agree with you that with no preseason it was extremely tough circumstances for a rookie coach to deliver results straight away but he has kept chopping and changing through out the season and team looked out of sorts with his hybrid formation

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I agree with you that with no preseason it was extremely tough circumstances for a rookie coach to deliver results straight away but he has kept chopping and changing through out the season and team looked out of sorts with his hybrid formation
Yes but none of you are talking about all the players he didn't have constantly between covid and injuries. Players barely were able to get consistent play then add the fact we were playing so many games sprinkle in his inexperience and it was a bad recipe put together between the management and this pandemic

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Allegri was on pace for a 104 point season when we won scudetto with 5+ rounds remaining and stopped giving a shit about the season. And that was with Dybala basically contributing nothing at all in 2018-19. And no De Ligt or Chiesa. Our mid was stronger, but the rest of the team weaker that season. There is no doubt in my mind that Allegri could take this team to 90+ points.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Allegri was on pace for a 104 point season when we won scudetto with 5+ rounds remaining and stopped giving a shit about the season. And that was with Dybala basically contributing nothing at all in 2018-19. And no De Ligt or Chiesa. Our mid was stronger, but the rest of the team weaker that season. There is no doubt in my mind that Allegri could take this team to 90+ points.
Allegri could most probably do that but he is also one of the best coaches in the world while pirlo is a new coach put in this place by management. Hence why his blame is small

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)