Andrea Pirlo (66 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
The second trophy brings Pirlo closer to reconfirmation for next season with Agnelli still backing him. Allegri is close to joining Real and Zidane wants to be the next France national team coach. But getting top four is an important factor. [Repubblica]
Would be the worst thing to happen honestly

Kinda like Arsenal with Arteta after he won the fa cup. Look where they are now.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
with this midfield? i seriously doubt. we do lack quality in the middle.
Inter seriously lack depth, they have ~14-15 good to great players followed by the likes of Gagliardini, d'Ambrosio, Ranocchia, Kolarov and Vecino that shouldn't be part of a championship winning team even as bench material. Every team has its weaknesses and I'm sure that this team is very comparable in terms of quality to 18/19 Juve under Allegri.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
of course Allegri would fight for the Scudetto with Inter with this squad and probably also win it, Pirlo dropped a lot of silly points this season.
He also ensured Juve got humiliated in must win games. Inter away, Milan and Viola at home were all embarrassing displays.
No Coppa Italia trophy can change the complete abomination this season has been.
Friendly reminder that another pseudo coach, Leonardo won the Coppa Italia before he decided to quit coaching altogether.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Wouldn't be surprised at all if we keep him. He won Coppa and might even secure CL.

Huge spending in recent years and silly wages for some players like Ramsey and Berna will stop us from spending big on a top coach, as we should.

In the meantime our management will be more then happy to confirm Pirlo just to save some money. That's the feeling I got at the beginning of this season and it's still here.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Inter seriously lack depth, they have ~14-15 good to great players followed by the likes of Gagliardini, d'Ambrosio, Ranocchia, Kolarov and Vecino that shouldn't be part of a championship winning team even as bench material. Every team has its weaknesses and I'm sure that this team is very comparable in terms of quality to 18/19 Juve under Allegri.
mourinho won the treble with fery few regular subs mate. iirc he regularly played 13-14 players and all but ignored the rest. conte also makes sure that lesser players like darmian or older depth options like sanchez perform. for example sanchez is on 7g5a, with a lot less minutes than chiesa (7g8a), and chiesa is a well deserved player of the season candidate for us. their depth is all right, especially with no european commitments during the crucial part of the season.

a '18/19 pjanic alone would make a huge difference to this team's overall quality. above all we lack a midfielder who can keep and pass the ball, and our best ball winners (rabiot and bentancur) are way too moody and inconsistent for their position. chiellini is unfortunately close to being finished, kulu is raw, dybala was a ghost throughout the season, demiral's injuries make sure he lacks consistency, sandro never was fast and even slowed down lately, etc. this squad is unfortunately inferior to our '18/19 squad.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
mourinho won the treble with fery few regular subs mate. iirc he regularly played 13-14 players and all but ignored the rest. conte also makes sure that lesser players like darmian or older depth options like sanchez perform. for example sanchez is on 7g5a, with a lot less minutes than chiesa (7g8a), and chiesa is a well deserved player of the season candidate for us. their depth is all right, especially with no european commitments during the crucial part of the season.

a '18/19 pjanic alone would make a huge difference to this team's overall quality. above all we lack a midfielder who can keep and pass the ball, and our best ball winners (rabiot and bentancur) are way too moody and inconsistent for their position. chiellini is unfortunately close to being finished, kulu is raw, dybala was a ghost throughout the season, demiral's injuries make sure he lacks consistency, sandro never was fast and even slowed down lately, etc. this squad is unfortunately inferior to our '18/19 squad.
I don't doubt that pre-Real Mourinho and Conte are great coaches that make it work, I'm just saying Allegri is one of those great coaches too and a weakness here and there wouldn't stop him from contending.

Besides the "18/19 Pjanic alone" argument is kind of thin as he's pretty much the only guy that stands out when you compare 18/19 to 20/21, the rest are very similar or in favor of 2021 (like the attack comparison PI made a page back).

Jun 16, 2020
Yeah, he has to go. The question is who does replace him? If it's not Allegri or ZZ, then we're fucked.
If it’s not Zidane or Allegri, perhaps we should consider giving Pirlo another season. I don’t feel much for another 1 or 2 year option like Inzaghi or Gattuso.

A lot is up to Pirlo, but many defeats also were individual mistakes. Bentancur vs Porto, Chiellini vs Napoli, Dybala vs Lazio come to mind.

Some are really up to Pirlo. Strange tactics, Rabiot as RM vs Inter, Juve Primavera vs Crotone, after 50 games still with 2 CMs

Don’t get me wrong I’m still for saking Pirlo, but the replacement has to be a big improvement instead of another gamble.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think Pirlo is gone. You cannot delete a season because of one good game.
I would say Pirlo stay if there was a constant improvement but its doesnt seem the case - First half Atalanta got to our area way too often and with more luck they would go upfront which might change the game.
He also fucked up in the most important game of the season.

With some signings he might be able to ensure top 4 but we are Juve and its not top 4 we should be after.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
No it really wasn’t. Did you watch that season? Costa was so damn bad he was unplayable. Chiesa is 3x the player that Dougie C was.

Better Dybala? 2018-19 Dybala was pretty much as awful as this season and got benched by Bernadeschi ffs.

Mandzukic had 10 goals - 5 assists over the entire season as our CF. Morata has 18 goals - 12 assists. You do the math. And y’all bitched endlessly about Mario. I love Mandzukic and think he was fantastic for us, and his contributions outside counting stats have him > Morty in my eyes any day, but by himself he doesn’t make our 2018-19 attack better lol.

Cuadrado still plays for this team by the way. And he wasn’t playing as an attacker in 2018-19 either, he was a Right midfielder at times, a right back at others, and he also missed 4.5 months with a knee injury.

Carry on though. :baus:
Talent and experience wise. The rest is obviously influenced by the coach and the team he forms but I see you only pick negative influences for Pirlo... Everything else is bullshit.

Cuadrado is needed at fullback now because we only have 3... That team had Cancelo.

Lol @ the stats picking; comparing Mandzukic as a half-time winger/midfielder/bench player/feeder with our prime prima punta.

Last edited:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
How this season is viewed depends almost entirely on the result of the last match day.

If we make top 4, then honestly this season won’t be viewed as much worse than the Sarri one, in my book.

If we end up in Europa, it’s a complete disaster.

We need Atalanta to show up against Milan, for fuck sakes.
Of course, that is correct. Fourth is only three places worse than first.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
i always thought role of manager in football is overrated by many. games won by players. you get the best players, unless you have a manager actively sabotaging the team, you win. i also support another season with pirlo, if it is not zidane.
If watching this season won't change your mind then nothing will. Good managers also develop young players into stars.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
How this season is viewed depends almost entirely on the result of the last match day.

If we make top 4, then honestly this season won’t be viewed as much worse than the Sarri one, in my book.

If we end up in Europa, it’s a complete disaster.

We need Atalanta to show up against Milan, for fuck sakes.
Evaluations of "fine" vs ""complete disaster" cannot be made on one match.

His work was over 50 matches or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)