Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (115 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing, Agnelli is last of his kind, very few chairmen/presidents have a history or passion for football out there. If he comes in, improves our PR, image and leads us to glory then all will be forgotten.
he has to have an eye for football though, or at least be able pick the right guys for the right positions. agnelli did it perfectly with marotta-conte, then marotta-allegri. he basically build a giant club from a mess. then lost his mojo somehow. :(

if this guy is purely a beancounter and will only address issues within his field of expertise (which is what exactly? finances? asset management? business development? either way, it's not sport), and leave tici continue the awesome job he's doing then we'd better find someone else.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
he has to have an eye for football though, or at least be able pick the right guys for the right positions. agnelli did it perfectly with marotta-conte, then marotta-allegri. he basically build a giant club from a mess. then lost his mojo somehow. :(

if this guy is purely a beancounter and will only address issues within his field of expertise (which is what exactly? finances? asset management? business development? either way, it's not sport), and leave tici continue the awesome job he's doing then we'd better find someone else.
I'm hoping its an overhaul, but i see what you mean, an overhaul would set us back quite a bit. Its that one appointment in replace of paratici that will make the biggest difference. Just like it was Secco for Cobolli, Marotta for Agnelli, that one is crucial and i sincerely hope he has people like lippi/trap or even Agnelli to advise him if necessary.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Give the club to Del Piero
Lets not get sentimental here, but it wouldn't help at all. He has no credentials on how to run a football club, his business acumen doesn't stretch beyond owning a restaurant in LA. He spends most of his time in LA as it is, he only has his name just as Nedved does and yet many here would be happy to get rid of Nedved.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
What exactly was funny/wrong there?
The gamers are gamers part, is just not true. Most people game these days from mobil to pc and console. Its undeniable that football today and in the future will and must compete against netflix, gaming, tv, tik tok and all form of entertaiment people consume. When more and more young people value other forms of entertainment than football, football become less valuable and there will be less money from everyone. European football has a huge unreleased potential for top top matches, with the very best clubs competing. Cl doesnt solve this, and instead is diluting and keeps increasing the number of boring matches between the top teams and teams like krosnodar, bate, nordskjelland and the likes. I think the top clubs and chiefs knows the numbers and sees how this is gonna end without change. No nutrual fan (with a brain) is gonna suffer through bate vs man utd or krosnodar juventus in cl

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Lets not get sentimental here, but it wouldn't help at all. He has no credentials on how to run a football club, his business acumen doesn't stretch beyond owning a restaurant in LA. He spends most of his time in LA as it is, he only has his name just as Nedved does and yet many here would be happy to get rid of Nedved.
The men with the credentials are damaging the club just as much like a certain lord..

Bring back Marotta and call it a day.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The gamers are gamers part, is just not true. Most people game these days from mobil to pc and console. Its undeniable that football today and in the future will and must compete against netflix, gaming, tv, tik tok and all form of entertaiment people consume. When more and more young people value other forms of entertainment than football, football become less valuable and there will be less money from everyone. European football has a huge unreleased potential for top top matches, with the very best clubs competing. Cl doesnt solve this, and instead is diluting and keeps increasing the number of boring matches between the top teams and teams like krosnodar, bate, nordskjelland and the likes. I think the top clubs and chiefs knows the numbers and sees how this is gonna end without change. No nutrual fan (with a brain) is gonna suffer through bate vs man utd or krosnodar juventus in cl
I'm 30, not 65. I myself play video games and I'm surrounded by people who are gamers, some a lot younger than myself. I'm just stating my opinion, not bashing him for the sake of it.

Back in the past people had less sources of entertainment and majority went on football. It is true that football can only combat video games and other sources of entertainment but, like I said, I don't think it will change. People nowadays are more focused on movies rather than books, more are focus on twitter and one liners than books. Attention span is way shorter than in the past and imo it's a new age. I'm not saying it's better, just saying it's a different world.

And yeah, I do firmly believe what I said is true, basing my arguments on personal experience and those who are around me. People care a lot less about football nowadays and I never heard people say it's because Juve plays BATE. I see less people excited even when it's Real vs Bayern, Juve or any other team. Had SL really started I don't think numbers when it comes to viewers would have changes. MAYBE in the first year as it's something new, but not later on. That is why WC is exciting, because it's once in 4 years. If we had WC every year at least 50% people would care less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)