Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (53 Viewers)

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
I'm 30, not 65. I myself play video games and I'm surrounded by people who are gamers, some a lot younger than myself. I'm just stating my opinion, not bashing him for the sake of it.

Back in the past people had less sources of entertainment and majority went on football. It is true that football can only combat video games and other sources of entertainment but, like I said, I don't think it will change. People nowadays are more focused on movies rather than books, more are focus on twitter and one liners than books. Attention span is way shorter than in the past and imo it's a new age. I'm not saying it's better, just saying it's a different world.

And yeah, I do firmly believe what I said is true, basing my arguments on personal experience and those who are around me. People care a lot less about football nowadays and I never heard people say it's because Juve plays BATE. I see less people excited even when it's Real vs Bayern, Juve or any other team. Had SL really started I don't think numbers when it comes to viewers would have changes. MAYBE in the first year as it's something new, but not later on. That is why WC is exciting, because it's once in 4 years. If we had WC every year at least 50% people would care less.
I see, but what do you think is the solution to keeping and gaining new fans of football?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
This. An innovator stuck in a league with Dinosaurs and cowards. Im proud of him tbh. Fuck the haters
Exactly. Cowards is so much the right word. Look at what Agnelli said today:

“I’m not going to say how many clubs contacted me in just 24 hours asking if they could join,” Agnelli continued.

“Maybe they lied, but I was contacted by a number of teams asking what they could do to join."

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I see, but what do you think is the solution to keeping and gaining new fans of football?
Innovate the entire product and tailor it to fan engagement. This includes broadcasts, social media, in-stadium experiences, etc.

At the MLB we have been fighting the dwindling attendance and viewership for decades. The core fan base (top spenders) are aging and we aren’t replacing the with younger fans who we have a large share of their wallet. The top use case is the NBA over the past decade. The NBA has created a highly engaging product focused on the acquisition, engagement, retention, and growth of new, younger fans. They’ve done a phenomenal job since Adam Silver became commissioner.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Honestly? I don't think there's a way. Or if there is some, then it certainly isn't Super League, at least not as a long term effect.

I think people with Internet gained way more possibilities and sources of entertainment. They get to pick what to do and at young age it kinda forms it as a hobby which later on turns into passion. I see kids today train football in a lesser extent, but not a huge difference, but I see them rushing from school/training to play video games. Training is turning into a thing just to make parents happy while their free time is focus on video games (speaking about boys as girls are more focus on more stupid things). The overall quality is worse compared to the past as players are generally worse even with a lot more money in the game. Leagues are less interesting, especially Serie A imo. I knew tons of people who used to follow it but dropped interest. Majority of interested in football here follow EPL, but on average interest in football drastically dropped as only "us" long term fans are in the game, younger generations care less. When you see Bayern - Juve in 1/16 there's not so much interest, at least compared to the past. It draws more attention only if its semis and finals.

In my hometown there's Partizan. Their young academy was the best one in Europe, even better than Ajax (info from 5-6 years ago, dunno how it's now). People from the academy want to get into senior team and play the CL so they show themselves. If they took that away from them, since they'd NEVER get the possibility to play against best teams in Europe, my guess is they would care at lot less about the game. They are all against it here.

Video games are becoming a big thing. It gives possibility to get income monthly higher than doctors and possibly if you're good enough even earn millions. Kids are becoming lethargic, they hang out less, and focus goes on video games. They don't even have buddies bar online ones. They want to compete online and they want to live like it and have it as a profession. I see plenty of kids streaming of some sort here. If they start getting cash they are getting green lighted from parents. Video games by default require you sitting 5-12 hours infront of a PC. They care more about getting money themselves rather than playing football and by default that means less interest to watch it. I see hundreds of thousands people following e-sport tournaments, even when it's their knockout stage. Again, I'm not saying that's a great thing, I just see that as a new wave of future generation where we'll see less interest in football each year. Fan base is gonna lower a lot when both Ronaldo and Messi retire too. As for the generation of players there are only Mbappe and Haaland who're breaking through, but imo both will draw less attention and interest compared to Ronaldo and Messi.

I think they have to face the fact that money and bigger budgets won't make football better because over the past 20 years as clubs grow we see that quality of football went down.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This. An innovator stuck in a league with Dinosaurs and cowards. Im proud of him tbh. Fuck the haters
Maybe public opinion sway at one point. Currently Juve and Real are the biggest suckers, English clubs trecherous cunts, while Bayern and PSG profited mostly out of this.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Exactly. Cowards is so much the right word. Look at what Agnelli said today:

“I’m not going to say how many clubs contacted me in just 24 hours asking if they could join,” Agnelli continued.

“Maybe they lied, but I was contacted by a number of teams asking what they could do to join."
And how did they contact him as he had switched off his phone? Email, Twitter, Reddit? LOL, such a pathetic liar who has failed miserably since 2017 and continues to lie.
His downfall started when he fucked another wife.LOL.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
So have we officially pulled out? ESPN is saying only Barcelona and Madrid remains. Are they making an El Clasico super match?
No. Juventus just released a statement that says everything except withdrawing

they are ride or die about this “project” lol

- - - Updated - - -

So have we officially pulled out? ESPN is saying only Barcelona and Madrid remains. Are they making an El Clasico super match?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)