Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (34 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
A lot of smaller (and bigger) football club followers are bitter about the ESL plans, but it's totally irrelevant in the sporting sense. Nothing to do with "glamour" (a quote he has completely fabricated). Juve lost to Fiorentina, does that mean that Fiorentina should be in the ESL? Maybe they could have our scudetto for beating us, like when the Scots declared themselves "World Champions" after beating England at Wembley in 1967?

What Agnelli and co are proposing is purely based on finances, the biggest clubs with the most fans, history and revenues, who he thinks are deserving of this place as they prop up their respective leagues financially.

Still, it does make Agnelli look like he only wants the ESL because Juve suck in the CL. But that's not the case, he's all about growth and finances. He is obsessed with the American models. I read an article this morning about how he wants to give subscriptions for the last 15 minutes of games like they do in the NBA. It works better in the NBA as there is most action then, but in football it's not exactly the same. Goals can be scored after 60 seconds (as we find out) and then nothing else can happen. He mentioned this because figures show only 40% of Gen Z kids are even showing any interest in football.

Seems to me like the bubble may burst another 10 years down the line.

Agnelli is all about business, which makes perfect sense given the position his family is in.

But for us he's perfect. His family has been involved with Juventus for close to 100 years I believe and there's just no way he doesn't have some emotion towards us. Not to mention that the world associates the Agnelli family with Juventus so he simply has to have a well performing team. And we're very well protected from being bought by frauds, which is a definite plus.

Agnelli's not the problem.

We've just won 9 straight scudetti, we've reached the CL final twice. Let us simply rebuild, as we should.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Way too many people criticise many of our players and, at this point, rightfully so. Yet barely someone mentions those who signed those players. Money was clearly not the issue, we assembled a bad team overall, and those who built this team should be held responsible. It's a huge setback and I'd rather bring somebody else to be in charge of that business. And I don't mean Agnelli but Paratici and his crew.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Way too many people criticise many of our players and, at this point, rightfully so. Yet barely someone mentions those who signed those players. Money was clearly not the issue, we assembled a bad team overall, and those who built this team should be held responsible. It's a huge setback and I'd rather bring somebody else to be in charge of that business. And I don't mean Agnelli but Paratici and his crew.
Thank you

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Clubs that win a lot more than us dont even use that word "winning" as much as we do. Then we go on to look like huge losers in Europe.

Huge hit on our prestige and the whole philosophy we're trying to sell. "Winners who constantly choke" lol

We all should stfu about this supposed winning philosophy that we have.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Cobolli is the last person I'd listen to, he's clueless. What is he even saying there? He wants everyone out? Pirlo, Nedved, Paratici, Ronaldo...? That's fan pub talk, easy option to say everyone out and we'll start again. If he had thrown Agnelli in there I'd have been convinced he was a member on Tuz.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Paratici, Nedved, Pirlo, they all incompetent at what they are doing, so I don't see why you wouldn't want them out...If it's gonna happen is another matter...
But it doesn't provide any answers. "Fuck this, it's all shit, sack everyone, sell everyone" isn't legitimate reasoning. It's just something football fans say when they are disappointed and angry. "Anyone could be better" isn't either, we'd need better people in place.

When we appointed Paratici as head honcho he was the Golden Child, the man responsible for all the good moves whilst Marotta tightened the purse strings. The sun figuratively shone out of his ass. And few people had a problem with Nedved taking up a position as what seems nothing more than a figurehead, transfer liaison for agents (especially Raiola, but his high profile attracts players) and minority shot-caller.

Out of interest, who would you replace them with?

But I think you're right, they'll all get another season, and then Agnelli will do what he does well and swing his axe. Meanwhile Paratici rides off into the sunset and arrives in the rain in Manchester...signs them a bunch of high profile players, and is acclaimed as the new Messiah.

In fact summer 2022 could be a massive one for us, even more than 2020 and 2021.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
But it doesn't provide any answers. "Fuck this, it's all shit, sack everyone, sell everyone" isn't legitimate reasoning. It's just something football fans say when they are disappointed and angry. "Anyone could be better" isn't either, we'd need better people in place.

When we appointed Paratici as head honcho he was the Golden Child, the man responsible for all the good moves whilst Marotta tightened the purse strings. The sun figuratively shone out of his ass. And few people had a problem with Nedved taking up a position as what seems nothing more than a figurehead, transfer liaison for agents (especially Raiola, but his high profile attracts players) and minority shot-caller.

But I think you're right, they'll all get another season, and then Agnelli will do what he does well and swing his axe. Meanwhile Paratici rides off into the sunset and arrives in the rain in Manchester...signs them a bunch of high profile players, and is acclaimed as the new Messiah.

In fact summer 2022 could be a massive one for us, even more than 2020 and 2021.
Post of the month.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

:lol:

Names? I really have no idea, but to continue with what we have seems no option to me either.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

I think if anyone here had any answers they would be working for Juventus, not wasting time on this forum. We don't really know shit that happens within the club. Absolutely nada. We also have no clue how to run a football club and everything that resolves around it. No idea.

So of course your point is sound and logical. But if we use that in every argument there's no point discussing about anything because all we do is assume things and vent when we're unhappy. Fans will be fans.

Having said that, anyone could see this coming. And I don't mean just losing the scudetto. The amount of dead weight we seemed to never be able to get rid of, the signing of rejects and/or players without proven quality to be starters, the selling and then replacement with lesser players, etc etc.

Someone is being incompetent. That much we can all agree on.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Out of interest, who would you replace them with?...
i'd replace tici with luis campos first, and if it was up to me, tici could stay as a scout. tici knows how to scout interesting players (very few knew demiral, nobody had a clue about mckennie), i give him that, but he's absolutely clueless in how to build a team. luis campos looks like someone with experience in team building to me, knows how to work with a tight budget, he always finds useful players for key positions. he'd make a good pairing with tici, or he could rebuild the squad on his own too. the last time i checked his purchases it seemed to me that he made zero flukes in monaco and in lille too (monaco's downfall started when he left). this is the most urgent matter, the squad needs some improvements asap.

agnelli should and will absolutely stay, but he needs to change his strategy to go back where he started with marotta and paratici. this current team and the current squad should be the focus, not the long term business model (aka super league) which doesn't look like a plan with necessary support. i'm all about ditching uefa on the long term, but we should keep building strong squads first.

pirlo... that's a tough one. i think that this is the most unbalanced squad we've had since conte's first year, but when most of the squad was available and we could finally string some good wins together, i felt that pirlo was finally in control. then came arthur's injury and everything just fell apart. i still respect pirlo, i do think he'll eventually make a good coach, but i have no idea when it would happen, and i don't think juve should wait for anyone to gain some experience on our bench. if allegri is available... i'm a sucker for max, i couldn't say no to him, never ever, but he's not a magic and instant solution either. it shouldn't be a matter of money either. with allegri, we would have probably beaten porto with this squad, which is +10-something millions from cl money alone, more than the difference between pirlo's and max's salary.

as for nedved, idgaf. i'm fine with him, the same way as i'd be fine with buffon, chiellini or any other legend with at least half a brain as our vp.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
fuck that senile fart, he was nothing but a shit stain on our club's history.

- - - Updated - - -

Cobolli is the last person I'd listen to, he's clueless. What is he even saying there? He wants everyone out? Pirlo, Nedved, Paratici, Ronaldo...? That's fan pub talk, easy option to say everyone out and we'll start again. If he had thrown Agnelli in there I'd have been convinced he was a member on Tuz.
same goes for sacchi, seems to fucking open his mouth like he's still relevant. Jees if he was that much of an expert on how football should be played in Europe, why doesn't he offer up as a consultant role? Basically nobody takes him seriously anymore. Fabio capello too, opening his mouth when he had arguably the best Juve side assembled to compete in the CL and yet arsenal and Liverpool humiliated us.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
This guy has been served some real humble pie since those stupid Atalanta comments.
Juct checked that comment. Somehow I missed it at the time. I obviously disagree with him but that's not the point. It's a really dumb comment to make that obviously antagonisea most of the neutral fans. I am sure many other club presidents and owners were thinking the same thing but were just smart enough not to say anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)