Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (50 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
A lot of smaller (and bigger) football club followers are bitter about the ESL plans, but it's totally irrelevant in the sporting sense. Nothing to do with "glamour" (a quote he has completely fabricated). Juve lost to Fiorentina, does that mean that Fiorentina should be in the ESL? Maybe they could have our scudetto for beating us, like when the Scots declared themselves "World Champions" after beating England at Wembley in 1967?

What Agnelli and co are proposing is purely based on finances, the biggest clubs with the most fans, history and revenues, who he thinks are deserving of this place as they prop up their respective leagues financially.

Still, it does make Agnelli look like he only wants the ESL because Juve suck in the CL. But that's not the case, he's all about growth and finances. He is obsessed with the American models. I read an article this morning about how he wants to give subscriptions for the last 15 minutes of games like they do in the NBA. It works better in the NBA as there is most action then, but in football it's not exactly the same. Goals can be scored after 60 seconds (as we find out) and then nothing else can happen. He mentioned this because figures show only 40% of Gen Z kids are even showing any interest in football.

Seems to me like the bubble may burst another 10 years down the line.
Of course, but there is a diplomatic way of saying things. Agnelli speaks like a priveleged asshole.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Of course, but there is a diplomatic way of saying things. Agnelli speaks like a priveleged asshole.
That's because he is. And he wants the other privileged assholes to join him in their circle jerk exclusive boys club. The way he sees it teams like Napoli and Roma shouldn't be earning 80-90% of Juve's domestic tv revenues. Even SPAL or Crotone get 50%, because of the way it is distributed. I bet this keeps him up at night.

In the sporting sense you try to make it fair so the other teams survive and can compete, but he sees it as running a business. We have hundreds of millions of fans. SPAL have about fifteen. But it's the same situation in the Premier League where the bottom of the table team still walks away at the end of the season with over £100m for being the shittest part of the exclusive boys club that is the English Premier League.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
That's because he is. And he wants the other privileged assholes to join him in their circle jerk exclusive boys club. The way he sees it teams like Napoli and Roma shouldn't be earning 80-90% of Juve's domestic tv revenues. Even SPAL or Crotone get 50%, because of the way it is distributed. I bet this keeps him up at night.

In the sporting sense you try to make it fair so the other teams survive and can compete, but he sees it as running a business. We have hundreds of millions of fans. SPAL have about fifteen. But it's the same situation in the Premier League where the bottom of the table team still walks away at the end of the season with over £100m for being the shittest part of the exclusive boys club that is the English Premier League.
Well hes being stupid with it. Uefa hates us and we suck.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
A lot of smaller (and bigger) football club followers are bitter about the ESL plans, but it's totally irrelevant in the sporting sense. Nothing to do with "glamour" (a quote he has completely fabricated). Juve lost to Fiorentina, does that mean that Fiorentina should be in the ESL? Maybe they could have our scudetto for beating us, like when the Scots declared themselves "World Champions" after beating England at Wembley in 1967?

What Agnelli and co are proposing is purely based on finances, the biggest clubs with the most fans, history and revenues, who he thinks are deserving of this place as they prop up their respective leagues financially.

Still, it does make Agnelli look like he only wants the ESL because Juve suck in the CL. But that's not the case, he's all about growth and finances. He is obsessed with the American models. I read an article this morning about how he wants to give subscriptions for the last 15 minutes of games like they do in the NBA. It works better in the NBA as there is most action then, but in football it's not exactly the same. Goals can be scored after 60 seconds (as we find out) and then nothing else can happen. He mentioned this because figures show only 40% of Gen Z kids are even showing any interest in football.

Seems to me like the bubble may burst another 10 years down the line.
I agree with what you’re saying but it’s still nice to see him with egg in his face. I’m personally against what he’s proposing being implemented in euro leagues as it goes against what I think is a very competitive format.

the subscription format is retarded, it wouldn’t work at all.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
I agree with what you’re saying but it’s still nice to see him with egg in his face. I’m personally against what he’s proposing being implemented in euro leagues as it goes against what I think is a very competitive format.

the subscription format is retarded, it wouldn’t work at all.
He is proposing because he wants to spend less and less money and earn more on the profit side plus his players to be untouched in terms of transfer.

He is such a pussy, he did not even come out to say a word after yesterday’s debacle. They even have the players a day off :lol:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
All our problems stems from Agnelli. Decisions after decisions, its getting progressively worse. Its because of him Paratici has free reigns and still is employed, and its because of him that the footballing PhD candidate coaches this team while having no experience.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
All our problems stems from Agnelli. Decisions after decisions, its getting progressively worse. Its because of him Paratici has free reigns and still is employed, and its because of him that the footballing PhD candidate coaches this team while having no experience.
It's because Agnelli is playing the smartass as ECA president, instead of focusing on Juve.

His obsession with money/marketing/super league is what he loses his sleep over. I can't wait for him to go back to be just a Juve president.
Focus on building and improving the club. It's doable, we've grown so much under his tenure, from a complete post-calciopoli shithouse to consecutive titles and CL finals. Just needs to get his priorities straight,

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Agnelli and his ideas about football reform really are dreadful. This prince has his head too far up is own ass. Victim of his succes.
It does not help that he has surrounded himself with his buddies.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
The best thing that could come out of this is to cure this spoiled brat out of his delusions. Just build your club properly and stop dreaming about SL and 15 minutes subscription plans. Lol, what is wrong with this asshole?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)