Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (148 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Semi final europa league, and the year before quarterfinal championsleague and who knows if we didnt meet that insane Heynckens Bayern.

Pretty good tbh
Semifinal? The competetion was low. We were there in the first place because we sucked in the CL. And even though we went to the quarterfinals the year before, we all knew we had no real chance doing any damage in the tournament. But this was also 3 years ago and we were in the beginning stages.

The reason why I'm talking about this is because I believe this team is SO GOOD. We're a very good team defensively and top elite in midfield but we've been lacking offense since Conte took over and we've still not solved the issue. I think we're wasting some of these players that we have by not maximizing our potential. Who knows how long Vidal will stay? Or when Tevez decides he wants back to Argentina? Or before Pirlo looks his age? Or Gigi retiring etc etc. This team has the chance to beat anyone in the CL with very few additions in attack.

But instead, we wasted 50m on shit this team doesn't need. That is why I'm pissed.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Our team is great defensively, but only the starters are. We added a natural leftback with tons of experience and a good cross.
Problem is our bench defenders are horribly bad.

Our midfield is good, but the bench was mediocre. Only Marchisio was good enough. We lacked natural offensive minded central midfielders, and added those with Coman and Pereyra.
Furthermore we had no wing options. but both mentionned players can also perfectly play on the wing, improving their very quality for juventus
In the attack we sold the aging Quag and Vucinic, and so far replaced with a very promising young player in Morata. Another excellent neccecary addition

We also spend money on a very promising Italian youth, wich is exactly what we should prioritise.

In the end, our starters are amazing and its shear impossible to upgrade those with what financial capabilities we have. However, upgrading that bench was very smart, and adding high potential yougsters is aswell.

If we could add Nastasic and/or Podolski, it would be even better, but both are probably to expensive for us.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Wasted ?

I wouldnt call our silverware and records broken wasted tbh.

In 4 years of Marotta the team became many times better, whilst only boosting 2 original starters in Buffon and Chiellini.

That means in 4 years time, Marotta added 9 starters, wich got us 3 consecutive league titles, two consecutive supercups, a load of records broken, a CL QF and a EL SF.

Yes, i'm sure "wasted" is the correct word for that

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Why are Inter and Milan in complete disarray, whilst Juventus isnt despite having been down to serie b ?

Its called good decisionmaking and planning

There is absolutely no excuse here. Both teams won a championsleague after the calciopoli. They should have build on that and easely stayed ahead of some relegated team that got a loan to fix the stadium and its player roster

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I appologise for all the silverware we won and records that we broke, wich makes your post look incredibly silly.
Before Conte, the only thing he won was two consecutive 7th places...

This is not the right way to place judgement on his work
, he should be judged by his own work alone and the players and coaches performances...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Before Conte, the only thing he won was two consecutive 7th places...

This is not the right way to place judgement on his work
, he should be judged by his own work alone and the players and coaches performances...
Not that I am defending Marotta or anything, I think he's a walking disaster but the first 7th place finish was during FUCKO SUCKO era.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I am with zach here. The transfer market was not a bad one. For this team to stay at this level let alone improve the bench needed to be upgraded with youngsters who have the potential to take first team spots at a high level in a year or two. If morata reaches tevez's level, pereyra becomes a marchisio like player and Coman comes good this will be a perfect transfer market at this budget. Evra temporarily fills a hole for free.

If our strategy is to buy folks who are now on the bench but have the potential to adequately replace first team players while employing some short term free fixes in the mean time then that's a very good strategy

Nastasic would be an awesome signing. Any young kid with at least above average potential and some minutes at the top level under his belt should be signed. We need to do the same in cb, rb, gk, st/ss, in that order as soon as possible. Hopefully the likes of berardi, manolo, rugani, zaza etc can come good and prove useful in the transition as good bench options at the very least

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am with zach here. The transfer market was not a bad one. For this team to stay at this level let alone improve the bench needed to be upgraded with youngsters who have the potential to take first team spots at a high level in a year or two. If morata reaches tevez's level, pereyra becomes a marchisio like player and Coman comes good this will be a perfect transfer market at this budget. Evra temporarily fills a hole for free.

If our strategy is to buy folks who are now on the bench but have the potential to adequately replace first team players while employing some short term free fixes in the mean time then that's a very good strategy

Nastasic would be an awesome signing. Any young kid with at least above average potential and some minutes at the top level under his belt should be signed. We need to do the same in cb, rb, gk, st/ss, in that order as soon as possible
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

That constitutes a defence. Welcome to The Society.
:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)