Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (39 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Sorry, but I can't feel too sad for a multi-millionaire race car driver who plonked into a rock while skiing off-site in the French Alps. My sympathy has finite limits, and he ranks pretty low on my list of humans who deserve it.
Well, I'm feeling sorry for his family and friends, but not really any more than I would for anyone else upon experiencing a similar tragedy I'm hearing of. I just don't know that guy, and it's a little strange how crazy so many people can get over some particular individual who they have never met, nor would ever meet, experiencing something thousands of other random strangers go through everyday, where they don't give a single fuck about.

I mean I can understand it with an active musician, who would have gone on to release more records had he lived on, or a political figure whose further actions or plans would have, at least from the "mourning" individuals perspective, bettered their own life, or thousands of other peoples lives, but in most instances that's not really the case.

But I guess the significance of celebrities is weird in a lot of ways.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No one is asking for your sympathy. Schumacher was a role model and someone I looked up to since I was a kid. It sucks that his life had to end at a time he was far from old. Not sure why you even had to say that.
or that his sympathy is actually genuine and not the sitcom card prompted 'aww' sympathy
Exactly. He's done nothing for me, and I'm not willing to go full "awwww" in tribute to someone who I see no reason to deserve that sort of outpouring over the poor slob with no medical care in Africa who gets equally f'ed over while trying to support his family earning a basic living.

As far as I can tell, Schumacher's had a pretty good, full, debaucherous, successful life of a vaunted gazillionaire. He was afforded certain skills at birth and some amazing opportunities to build upon them that many of us mere mortals can only dream of.

That does not paint him as a sympathetic figure just because he's famous. As he apparently has done little I can tell for the benefit of humanity beyond supporting a family and driving a car in repeated circles really fast to make people cheer.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Exactly. He's done nothing for me, and I'm not willing to go full "awwww" in tribute to someone who I see no reason to deserve that sort of outpouring over the poor slob with no medical care in Africa who gets equally f'ed over while trying to support his family earning a basic living.

As far as I can tell, Schumacher's had a pretty good, full, debaucherous, successful life of a vaunted gazillionaire. He was afforded certain skills at birth and some amazing opportunities to build upon them that many of us mere mortals can only dream of.

That does not paint him as a sympathetic figure just because he's famous. As he apparently has done little I can tell for the benefit of humanity beyond supporting a family and driving a car in repeated circles really fast to make people cheer.
It's one thing to say that towards an individual but showing sympathy for his family at least. A human life is a human life.

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic rereailing to on topic.

Forza AA

- - - Updated - - -

Herr Unibrau :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine if DP gets the role of president and the club fails. Every excuse in the book will be thrown to place the blame on everyone (experienced) and not on the one person who wasn't.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yes, a human life is a human life. But when it's Schumacher or a South Korean ferry victim or even a beheaded Yazidi, Schumacher wins again. ::ferrari::

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
It's one thing to say that towards an individual but showing sympathy for his family at least. A human life is a human life.

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic rereailing to on topic.

Forza AA

- - - Updated - - -

Herr Unibrau :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine if DP gets the role of president and the club fails. Every excuse in the book will be thrown to place the blame on everyone (experienced) and not on the one person who wasn't.
But Swag doesen't know his family. I could never understand why people go crazy, if you write something "offensive" about a person they have no connection to.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But Swag doesen't know his family. I could never understand why people go crazy, if you write something "offensive" about a person they have no connection to.
I don't know what was said. I chimed in at the end and just assume any good person dying deserves sympathy, regardless who. Don't need to know someone personally, but he does make a point that celebrities get an obnoxiously amount of pity when they die.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I'm digging your new avatar. :D
I don't have a stash anymore, I did it for like two days and walked around DC. It's AMAZING the difference in how people act around you when you have it. It's great. But yet, that's what I look like with a stash.
@Preet

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Fair enough but why say something at all? At least be consistent and complain that robin Williams got a thread to himself when all you posted there was "RIP".

Schumacher was an icon and one of my favorite athletes. I'm personally sad his life will end. That's all there is to it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is very sad news.

Such an icon. The last champion from the era when motersport was still amazing
:agree:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
No one is asking for your sympathy. Schumacher was a role model and someone I looked up to since I was a kid. It sucks that his life had to end at a time he was far from old. Not sure why you even had to say that.
Fair enough but why say something at all? At least be consistent and complain that robin Williams got a thread to himself when all you posted there was "RIP".

Schumacher was an icon and one of my favorite athletes. I'm personally sad his life will end. That's all there is to it.
:tup:

Will you say the same thing when one of your favourite Juve players passes away swag? Very ironic posting it on another sport related forum.

Schumacher was an idol to many people and made the Ferrari tifosi very happy for many years, it is only natural that people be sad and disappointed for his current state.

If you never enjoyed Schumacher's career, F1 or motor racing then it's natural that you wouldn't feel sympathy for him and I don't think there is anyone telling you to feel bad for him, so I don't know what the fuss is about.

- - - Updated - - -

This is very sad news.

Such an icon. The last champion from the era when motersport was still amazing

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:tup:

Will you say the same thing when one of your favourite Juve players passes away swag? Very ironic posting it on another sport related forum.

Schumacher was an idol to many people and made the Ferrari tifosi very happy for many years, it is only natural that people be sad and disappointed for his current state.

If you never enjoyed Schumacher's career, F1 or motor racing then it's natural that you wouldn't feel sympathy for him and I don't think there is anyone telling you to feel bad for him, so I don't know what the fuss is about.

- - - Updated - - -

Was declining when alonso came to the top

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)