Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (15 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Beppe is the best GM in italy, and i cant immediatly recall one who's better outside

the "il top player" is a thing by the media.
:agree:

One cannot really compare him to Directors of tiny clubs, but of the big/relatively big clubs in Italy, he's definitely at the top. Everyone has a hard-on for Sabatini, but I fail to see what Roma has won underneath his transfer guidance.

What other manager (in all of football, not just Italy) has signed Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Llorente, Tevez, Barzagli for a combined 25mil...? Seriously. The man is a genius, considering our transfer budget. Of course I'd like to see us be able to afford a 30+ mil player each year, but that is currently not within our ability, or at least the board will not allow it to be. Beppe has done fantastic, even with the few mistakes he has made. Those are more than made up for by the 6 purchases I listed above. And now we have Coman on a free, another player who could turn into a star à la Pogba. Not to say he will, but the potential is there, as he's already cracked the first team.

- - - Updated - - -

I appologise for all the silverware we won and records that we broke, wich makes your post look incredibly silly.
:lol:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I appologise for all the silverware we won and records that we broke, wich makes your post look incredibly silly.
yes, so historic team that they show their true value in Europe every year. Fuck Serie A of these days, it is to no indication..inflation going on.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
yes, so historic team that they show their true value in Europe every year. Fuck Serie A of these days, it is to no indication..inflation going on..inflation going on.
If you look at your avatar and imagine that this is the guy that writes this, it actually starts to make sense.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
yes, so historic team that they show their true value in Europe every year. $#@! Serie A of these days, it is to no indication..inflation going on.
:sergio:

So we didn't make QFs in the Champion's League the previous year? Yes, we played poorly in Europe last year; yes, it sucked; and yes, many other high-powered teams have had bad years in Europe too. Let's see how we do this year before freaking out about Europe. Real Madrid went 6 years in a row without getting past the R16, including the first year with C Ronaldo. And that was still with one of the highest transfer budgets in football for that entire period.

- - - Updated - - -

whatever, not interested in stupid fights with people I don't know on the net.
You're trying to stir up shit by posting ridiculously cynical, hyperbolic nonsense. Of course you're going to start fights with that type of post.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
:sergio:

So we didn't make QFs in the Champion's League the previous year? Yes, we played poorly in Europe last year; yes, it sucked; and yes, many other high-powered teams have had bad years in Europe too. Let's see how we do this year before freaking out about Europe. Real Madrid went 6 years in a row without getting past the R16, including the first year with C Ronaldo. And that was still with one of the highest transfer budgets in football for that entire period.

- - - Updated - - -

You're trying to stir up shit by posting ridiculously cynical, hyperbolic nonsense. Of course you're going to start fights with that type of post.
For a historically good team that is. It all depends on what the goal is, but don't mix things up. If the goal is to compete with the best(which we should be considering we're in the top 10 richest teams in the world) then pointing at a watered down Serie A as proof isn't enough.

Also, what to do you mean by stirring up shit? Is saying that Serie A isn't good enough of a barometer any more trying to start shit?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Beppe is the best GM in italy, and i cant immediatly recall one who's better outside
That's like being the best French restaurant in fast food town.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

One cannot really compare him to Directors of tiny clubs, but of the big/relatively big clubs in Italy, he's definitely at the top. Everyone has a hard-on for Sabatini, but I fail to see what Roma has won underneath his transfer guidance.

What other manager (in all of football, not just Italy) has signed Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Llorente, Tevez, Barzagli for a combined 25mil...? Seriously. The man is a genius, considering our transfer budget. Of course I'd like to see us be able to afford a 30+ mil player each year, but that is currently not within our ability, or at least the board will not allow it to be. Beppe has done fantastic, even with the few mistakes he has made. Those are more than made up for by the 6 purchases I listed above. And now we have Coman on a free, another player who could turn into a star à la Pogba. Not to say he will, but the potential is there, as he's already cracked the first team.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:
Yes because Sabbatini coaches the team too, so do the other directors and so did Marotta. :soapit:

Juventus fans thinking their team is the best, their director is best, their daddy and mommy is best! Such originality and creativity!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's like being the best French restaurant in fast food town.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because Sabbatini coaches the team too, so do the other directors and so did Marotta. :soapit:

Juventus fans thinking their team is the best, their director is best, their daddy and mommy is best! Such originality and creativity!
This is so stupid it hardly justifies a response. I obviously don't think Juventus is the best and have never said anything of the like. Best in Italy, sure. Probably a top 12 team in Europe according to squad, or at least should be.

Beppe signings, along with the coaching of Conte have brought us from two 7ths to 3 straight scudettos. That qualifies him as currently the best director in Italy, and one of the better directors in Europe, considering budgets.

Go cheer some other team on, that has unlimited budget, and maybe take your own advice. The very definitions of originality and creativity seem to be beyond your brainpower. Troll.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
yes, so historic team that they show their true value in Europe every year. Fuck Serie A of these days, it is to no indication..inflation going on.
Semi final europa league, and the year before quarterfinal championsleague and who knows if we didnt meet that insane Heynckens Bayern.

Pretty good tbh

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
For a historically good team that is. It all depends on what the goal is, but don't mix things up. If the goal is to compete with the best(which we should be considering we're in the top 10 richest teams in the world) then pointing at a watered down Serie A as proof isn't enough.

Also, what to do you mean by stirring up $#@!? Is saying that Serie A isn't good enough of a barometer any more trying to start $#@!?
I agree with you first statement. Using Serie A as an indicator isn't the best way to see where we're at in terms of strength compared to Juventus sides of past years. However, the 102 points is a tremendous feat, regardless of league. PSG isn't doing it in a terrible ligue 1, with 10X our transfer budget. We fucked up in Europe last year, but there is no reason to believe we are not at minimum a R16 squad, if not QFs. We need a few signings to pan out, or to increase our revenue before we move beyond that.

I've seen quite a few of your overly pessimistic and cynical posts regarding Juventus. Of course that's going to provoke a reaction. You must know this. And saying Juve isn't very good because of one bad year in Europe is silly. Let's wait another year or two before we decide that.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Semi final europa league, and the year before quarterfinal championsleague and who knows if we didnt meet that insane Heynckens Bayern.

Pretty good tbh
We got to the Europa league semis, by failing to finish top 2 in our group, and then beating another Italian team, and Lyon, then losing to Portuguese team (who went on to lose to the 4th placed Spanish team). Nothing to boast about.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
SEMI FINAL OF THE EUROPA LEAGUE! :lol:

This is so stupid it hardly justifies a response. I obviously don't think Juventus is the best and have never said anything of the like. Best in Italy, sure. Probably a top 12 team in Europe according to squad, or at least should be.

Beppe signings, along with the coaching of Conte have brought us from two 7ths to 3 straight scudettos. That qualifies him as currently the best director in Italy, and one of the better directors in Europe, considering budgets.

Go cheer some other team on, that has unlimited budget, and maybe take your own advice. The very definitions of originality and creativity seem to be beyond your brainpower. Troll.
Obviously it did justify a response... since you responded.

Personally, apart from the Pogba move Marotta sucks. Vidal always wanted to join Juve (his words), nobody else really wanted Tevez or Barzagli, and maybe Llorente was a good move too but that's about it. Juventus has always been a top club and the rest of Serie A is weak, so if Marotta is the best in Italy that's not saying much.

Marotta says he is looking for opportunities... hey look, there is a cliff right over there!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'd like to hear why PSG with plenty more offensive talent, in an inferior league, isnt getting anywere close to 102 points, despite beeing out of the Championsleague, before we were out of the europa league.

If its so easy, why cant they do it ?

- - - Updated - - -

We got to the Europa league semis, by failing to finish top 2 in our group, and then beating another Italian team, and Lyon, then losing to Portuguese team (who went on to lose to the 4th placed Spanish team). Nothing to boast about.
So, one bad year. But the poster said "historically", so we cant pinn our performance on one year

And i like how you conveniently left out the previous year, in wich we topped a group and eliminated the current CL holders, a much richer team then us, and went out against the team that destoyed barcelona.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'd like to hear why PSG with plenty more offensive talent, in an inferior league, isnt getting anywere close to 102 points, despite beeing out of the Championsleague, before we were out of the europa league.

If its so easy, why cant they do it ?
Because Marotta isn't their coach. Thankfully he is ours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)