Analysis of Summer Transfer requirements (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Bosingwa better than Sagna? :howler: that is just foolish
Actually, he is right. Bosingwa is the better defender and he is solid, not to mention that he is more disciplined and consistent. Sagna is really over-rated in this forum. He is a very good player, but not all high and mighty as some of you make him out to be.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
No, they don't have a better DM than Poulsen. Poulsen, if someone didn't come with the idea to make him Juve's playmaker, would have been a very good DM for Juve, just like he was in Schalke and Sevilla, and just like he was on those rare occasions where he had defensive duties without needing to create the play (like on the match vs Milan when his duty was to take care of Kaka). Arsenal have Fabregas to create the play and they need Poulsen only in the defensive department in midfield.

We have 4 people who can play RB (Mellberg, Grygera, Salihamidzic, Zebina). None of them is good enough so we obviously need an improvement there.
But Arsenal not only that they lack DMs but even the one(s) they have are awful and Poulsen is classes better than them.

Maybe it's pushing it to say that they need Poulsen more than we need Eboue, but it's more than fair to say that they need him just as much as we need Eboue and even though i rate Poulsen higher and if i create the prices i'd make him more expensive than Eboue, i'll accept a player for player swap.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Stop overrating other team's players and underrating our players.
I dont really rate Poulsen as a DM, he is def not able to compete with a Sissoko like DM for that spot.
Esp in the EPL, where physicality is a very important issue.
In Spain, even a balerina class Tiago player can be a "washing machine".
Poulsen is quite useful mostly because of his passing and a decent tactical awareness. But already having Fabregas make this extra ability quite useless.
But i dont think that his bulldog skills would be enough to intimidate EPL midfielders!! It is not only a matter of roles, but mostly a matter of strength and stamina! I really really doubt that Poulsen could be a starter in Arsenal, but i am sure that Eboue would be a starter in Juve.
The age and potential of the given players are also very important to Wenger.
Eboue still holds a potential and despite having more and better alternatives, Wenger is aware of his value!
Poulsen has already shown what he is able to do. He is not physical enough to play successfully in the EPL and his age wont allow him to improve much.
He can easily found a dozen of Dagostinos or even better Asamoahs if he wants to. But we can hardly come up with an Eboue. I still believe that we need him more than they need Poulsen.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Actually, he is right. Bosingwa is the better defender and he is solid, not to mention that he is more disciplined and consistent. Sagna is really over-rated in this forum. He is a very good player, but not all high and mighty as some of you make him out to be.
I completely disagree...so let's leave it at that

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I actually think Bosingwa is a lot better than Sagna. I like Sagna and he's a very good fullback, but Bosingwa is much better going forward, he's faster and he's a better one on one defender. That being said, i like Sagna very much and i like his never say die attitude. He has been probably our most consistent defender(which isn't saying much actually, because he hasn't been that consistent).

Mar 30, 2006
I actually think Bosingwa is a lot better than Sagna. I like Sagna and he's a very good fullback, but Bosingwa is much better going forward, he's faster and he's a better one on one defender. That being said, i like Sagna very much and i like his never say die attitude. He has been probably our most consistent defender(which isn't saying much actually, because he hasn't been that consistent).
My opinion of Bosingwa was not great at first but after seeing him defend against Barca and Messi in particular he has won me over. I thought he was a strictly offense kinda fullback initially. He also looked less convincing defensively under Scolari cuz he would always be so far up the fielf all the time and have to rush back.

But both he and Sagna are very good and could walk into the starting 11 of most big clubs (except like Barca or Inter)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Bosingwa is defenitely NOT the better defender then Sagna, you can say better player, but Sagna is solid balanced RB with his strenghts mainly being the defensive side, and ok offensively (whack crossing), bit like Thuram. Bosingwa is a wingback that excells offensively, mainly just decent to at times exposed defensively.

Mar 30, 2006
Bosingwa is defenitely NOT the better defender then Sagna, you can say better player, but Sagna is solid balanced RB with his strenghts mainly being the defensive side, and ok offensively (whack crossing), bit like Thuram. Bosingwa is a wingback that excells offensively, mainly just decent to at times exposed defensively.
I dont think Sagna is like Thuram at all. But he is great no doubt.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I mean type of RB, more solid defensively then offensively.

And I dont think he is great, and thought that before this average season, last season was impressive, but he its obvious he is a solid and (can be) very good RB, not really great or a top top RB.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He might not be the better overall defender. But like i said he is a better one on one defender, as in, its harder to get past him. That is an important aspect for a fullback imo. His positioning and tackling might not be as good as Sagna's, but for me, overall he is certainly the better fullback.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He owned Messi as a LB.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
CB= Zapata

LB= Criscito

RB= Sagna Or Srna
i like Srna, hes in the right age, has a lot of fighting attitude and he will leave donetsk in the Summer. imo hes our best solution for the rb position, if Zebina/Grygera leave..

whats bothering me a bit is the fact there are no new transfer names arround anymore for the cb department, so u people think we already finish with shoping??

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
There was one today ;) On calciomercato they were mentioning this kid from Croatia, Dejan Lovren or something. He is the captain of the U-21 side, and has been playing at the top level for 3 years now, with Dinamo Zagreb. He is reported to be the new Corluka, and has been monitored by many top clubs this year. He can play both CB and RB :eyebrows: His price should be around 2 million Euros.

Mar 14, 2004
There was one today ;) On calciomercato they were mentioning this kid from Croatia, Dejan Lovren or something. He is the captain of the U-21 side, and has been playing at the top level for 3 years now, with Dinamo Zagreb. He is reported to be the new Corluka, and has been monitored by many top clubs this year. He can play both CB and RB :eyebrows: His price should be around 2 million Euros.
NO no no no no no no no no.................hesus christ,I wouldn't play this guy even in Dinamo's starting 11,holy name of Juve is a sin to mention aside with Lovren's name. We have one boy for right flank,you'll hear for him in a few years.....a croatian fullback that actually CAN cross the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)