Analysis of Summer Transfer requirements (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Isnt Eboue is on free transfer ? Why would we offer them anything if its free, but i think we can get better RB around than him.
He signed a new contract with them ages ago.

We should be able to do much better than him though.
why the helll are ppl so persistent about eboue? he's shit!! mite as welll keep jonny & good ole ZG if that is what we considering an upgrade

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Ebue have signed a new contract.He started of very good in Arsenal, but he has been terrible the last seasons.

But we need a RB desperetly.. Srna would be my dream RB.. But I believe it would be hard to make a deal with Shaktar ;)

puzzu

Jun 15, 2007
Ebue have signed a new contract.He started of very good in Arsenal, but he has been terrible the last seasons.

But we need a RB desperetly.. Srna would be my dream RB.. But I believe it would be hard to make a deal with Shaktar ;)
And we need a left back also desperately as molinaro is very mediocre and De Ceglie is not good when defending he is good when he attacks and has good crosses only

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
I believe Srna himself has something to say. He won a cup, that's his moment. And if there are offers from top clubs, then why not choose the one which needs RB desperately? :) He wouldn't even have competition in our current roster, there are not many big clubs which could give him such a luxury.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
They faced some injuries, but at least they have some decent starters (Fabregas, Rosicky) and some promising players on the bench. (Denilson, Diaby)
If they deliver their promise, they are certainly more valuable than Poulsen!!
I dont see them as collectors of mediocrity, like we are...

On the other hand we have Grygera... and once/twice/season, Zebina too.
As far as i am concerned, a new RB is our priority!!
No, they don't have a better DM than Poulsen. Poulsen, if someone didn't come with the idea to make him Juve's playmaker, would have been a very good DM for Juve, just like he was in Schalke and Sevilla, and just like he was on those rare occasions where he had defensive duties without needing to create the play (like on the match vs Milan when his duty was to take care of Kaka). Arsenal have Fabregas to create the play and they need Poulsen only in the defensive department in midfield.

We have 4 people who can play RB (Mellberg, Grygera, Salihamidzic, Zebina). None of them is good enough so we obviously need an improvement there.
But Arsenal not only that they lack DMs but even the one(s) they have are awful and Poulsen is classes better than them.

Maybe it's pushing it to say that they need Poulsen more than we need Eboue, but it's more than fair to say that they need him just as much as we need Eboue and even though i rate Poulsen higher and if i create the prices i'd make him more expensive than Eboue, i'll accept a player for player swap.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Stop overrating other team's players and underrating our players.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Alen, it does appear sometimes that you underrate all Arsenal players.
Seriously, Fred himself said million times that he'd take Poulsen with both hands in Arsenal which means that even he rates him higher than Denilson and Diaby.

The third Arsenal player i mentioned is Eboue and i said that i'd take him in Juve in swap deal with Poulsen, which means that i rate him higher than all our RBs, because i wouldn't take a 5th RB when we already have 4 RBs if i don't think that he's better than them. That's not underrating.
But i believe that on the market both Eboue and Poulsen will have a similar value and i'd see it as an awful business if we pay Arsenal money+Poulsen for Eboue, who even though better than our RBs, is far from a classy full back.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Eboue is a lazy defender though and his attitude is terrible(Will not forget the way he got a red card against Man Utd last season, nor the Spuds this season). I've always believed in his abilities though(Unlike most Arsenal fans actually) I've always thought that if he got his attitude straightened out, he would be a formidable fullback.

But fact of the matter is, he didn't, and he's been playing for us for 3 years now. So i don't see him sorting it out anytime soon.

As for Poulsen, he's a player Wenger would never buy. A 28 year old in Wenger's eyes is like a 42 year old in other managers eyes. But if you ask me, i'd take him any day of the week and three times on a Friday. He's two levels above any defensive mid we have, he would be a significant upgrade over the mediocre Denilson.

I agree with Alen, that it is absurd to give us Poulsen +money for Eboue. If Eboue wasn't younger than Poulsen i would have said that it should have been Eboue + money for Poulsen.

I don't understand how underrated Poulsen is on these boards, i mean i am sure you guys are frustrated over missing out on Alonso and getting Poulsen instead, i am sure you don't need Poulsen that much either and i am sure the 12M could have been better spent elsewhere. But i am also sure that Poulsen is a good player. He was one of the best DM's in the league. And like i said before, i'd take him with my eyes closed.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It was a little less than 10m for Poulsen, not 12m :smile:

And even that wasn't the price Sevilla would have accepted for Poulsen if his contract wasn't expiring this summer. They had to sell him below the price because they risked losing him for nothing after one season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seriously, Fred himself said million times that he'd take Poulsen with both hands in Arsenal which means that even he rates him higher than Denilson and Diaby.

The third Arsenal player i mentioned is Eboue and i said that i'd take him in Juve in swap deal with Poulsen, which means that i rate him higher than all our RBs, because i wouldn't take a 5th RB when we already have 4 RBs if i don't think that he's better than them. That's not underrating.
But i believe that on the market both Eboue and Poulsen will have a similar value and i'd see it as an awful business if we pay Arsenal money+Poulsen for Eboue, who even though better than our RBs, is far from a classy full back.
Well, it really does depend on how much a club wants a player. Not everything is fair in football transfers.

But I agree. I'd swap Poulsen for Eboue. Rather swap Tiago though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tiago needs to be the first person to go. But if we can get a quality player for another position we are in need of with a swap then by all means let Poulsen go if that is what it takes, we are covered in the DM position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)