Analysis of Summer Transfer requirements (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
LB = Criscito, DC, Moli, no luck there...
RB= must buy!! No 1 priority IMO and sell Zebi to EPL team
CB = :cry: we got Canna and we are overcrowded now...
CM = Why would we need another CM???
We can never have enough CMs i guess, every freakin year we are buying new CMs. Enough with it!!
DMs Sissoko+CZ
CMs Marchisio+Poulsen
ACMs Diego+Giovinco/Camo
(6 players for a 3 man midfield)
We dont need another CM, even if we sell both Almiron and Tiago!!!
If we keep the 4-4-2, we need new wingers though. We should sell Marchionni and buy a proper starter!
It was think a CB for the future since Cannavaro will only be with us for one year. Securing a deal for Kjaer and loaning him out to Palermo could be beneficial to both parties as they won't be forced to look for a replacement right away. Most of you CM/DM have done what was expected from them (the exception being Marchisio, Sissoko & C. Zanetti), we have to get rid of Poulsen, Almiron and Tiago.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It was think a CB for the future since Cannavaro will only be with us for one year. Securing a deal for Kjaer and loaning him out to Palermo could be beneficial to both parties as they won't be forced to look for a replacement right away. Most of you CM/DM have done what was expected from them (the exception being Marchisio, Sissoko & C. Zanetti), we have to get rid of Poulsen, Almiron and Tiago.
We are going to keep Poulsen, he is determined to stay and he will.
Our priorities are to offload the dead wood and get as better starters as we can.
Poulsen is an average sub, he had an average year, i dont think that there are any chances to sell him.
Remember how much we struggled to sell Tiago and he is still here, what makes you think, that we will offload Poulsen first, he is at least marginally useful and less harmful...

Unfortunately, Canna is here to stay for at least 2 seasons. Unfortunately, after the Andrade acquisition, our board has decided not to use nay kind of funds to improve our defense.
They are trying to evade that issue with cheap/free quick fixes.
If they were determined to invest on our defense, Canna wouldnt be here.
We are already crowded with similar solutions and the logical move would be to add someone like Felipe/Zapata now. We already have two aged/exp CBs for depth and we need a young prospect for becoming a future partner to Chiellini and also able to offer his services right away.
But not someone as young as Ariaudo or even Kjaer.

Considering our multiple starter issues, if we can spare more cash, we will invest it on starters, rather than sealing deals like the ones you suggested.
Smart suggestion, but our board barely sees right in front of their noses,
it is unrealistic to ask from them such an insight...

I think that the acquisition of a great "champion", like Canna, will be used as an excuse to skip any other investment in our CBs department for the next two years.
This respects our strategy, of spending all the available funds, for fancy SSs and above all keep a high/decent percentage of Italian blood and NT players... Our faith on Legro and Molinaro just shows that.
We are actively trying to help them reach NT status, like this is going to help us.
It is obviously an attempt to appease the fans, that we have a world class defense...
Our priority is too build an offensive team with fancy and expensive dribblers,
not a solid team, able to compete at the highest levels.
I m still waiting to see one action to this direction for the past 2-3 years.

The CM/DM we got actually meant to mask our defensive issues.
Our plan so far was to build a team of:
-A WC keeper able to repair our defense mistakes

-A cheap defense, build around the best asset of the previous board, Chiellini.
The rest of the slots should be filled with a large quantity of cheap players
and hopefully some of them will happen to do a decent job...
If they are Italian, like Molinaro, thats even better. The requirement is too have a low budget for both salaries and transfer fees. (Grygera, Mellberg, Canna, Moli)

-A defensive minded midfield, able to create first line of defense and cover up, for our weak defense.
Thats kind of contradictory. Gigli wants more spectacle, that would bring more ppl to our new tiny stadium and would bring more income. He wants an offensive minded midfield!! And let all the defensive duties to Sissoko.
Our previous coach wanted more DMs and defensive wingers, to cover up for our defensive lapses. Because he was afraid to win some and lose some.
He would prefer to draw them all...
Gigli would rather see us conceding 3 goals and score 4, its all or nothing for him.
And if CR was afraid to field an AMF and fancy Amauri and fancy Giovinco or even better Cassano at the same squad/time.
He would be replaced by another pawn who would obey without question (Conte)

-And fancy and expensive forwards, they better be Italians (Cassano/Quaq)or fancy Brazilians (who might actually become Italians too in the future)
no need to score every time (Finishers like Treze) if they cant dribble,
just a fancy goal every now and then and a lot of flicks/game would be suffice,
that would help us with the spectacle and raising more funds/tickets...
To keep the interest high, each year, we will be buying one new and expensive forward anyway.
The largest part of our budget should be spent on fancy forwards or at least fancy AMFs. They bring spectacle and income. Titles are not our concern, the promises of titles should be enough...

All for the spectacle!! Too bad we have to play with defenders too, Buffon should be enough. He ought to concede less that the opposition keeper, let alone when having help from NT Legro, the beast Sissoko and hard workers Grygera+Molinaro. Anyway just to be sure, we took Canna...
And our expensive/fancy attackers should score more goals than the cheap forwards of the opposition.:shifty:

Hopefully our mentality will change, starting from this year.
We have invested enough to forwards and central midfielders. Its time to fix our defense and upkeep our broken wings, if we are about to use them again...

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Our priorities are to offload the dead wood and get as better starters as we can.
Poulsen is an average sub, he had an average year, i dont think that there are any chances to sell him.
Remember how much we struggled to sell Tiago and he is still here, what makes you think, that we will offload Poulsen first, he is at least marginally useful and less harmful...

Unfortunately, Canna is here to stay for at least 2 seasons. Unfortunately, after the Andrade acquisition, our board has decided not to use nay kind of funds to improve our defense.
We are already crowded with similar solutions and the logical move would be to add someone like Felipe/Zapata now. We already have two aged/exp CBs for depth and we need a young prospect for becoming a future partner to Chiellini and also able to offer his services right away.

Considering our multiple starter issues, if we can spare more cash, we will invest it on starters, rather than sealing deals like the ones you suggested.

I think that the acquisition of a great "champion", like Canna, will be used as an excuse to skip any other investment in our CBs department for the next two years.
This respects our strategy, of spending all the available funds, for fancy SSs and above all keep a high/decent percentage of Italian blood and NT players... Our faith on Legro and Molinaro just shows that.
We are actively trying to help them reach NT status, like this is going to help us.
It is obviously an attempt to appease the fans, that we have a world class defense...

If they are Italian, like Molinaro, thats even better. The requirement is too have a low budget for both salaries and transfer fees. (Grygera, Mellberg, Canna, Moli)

-A defensive minded midfield, able to create first line of defense and cover up, for our weak defense.
Thats kind of contradictory. Gigli wants more spectacle, that would bring more ppl to our new tiny stadium and would bring more income. He wants an offensive minded midfield!! And let all the defensive duties to Sissoko.
Our previous coach wanted more DMs and defensive wingers, to cover up for our defensive lapses. Because he was afraid to win some and lose some.
Gigli would rather see us conceding 3 goals and score 4, its all or nothing for him.
And if CR was afraid to field an AMF and fancy Amauri and fancy Giovinco or even better Cassano at the same squad/time.

-And fancy and expensive forwards, they better be Italians (Cassano/Quaq)or fancy Brazilians (who might actually become Italians too in the future)
To keep the interest high, each year, we will be buying one new and expensive forward anyway.
The largest part of our budget should be spent on fancy forwards or at least fancy AMFs. They bring spectacle and income. Titles are not our concern, the promises of titles should be enough...

All for the spectacle!! Too bad we have to play with defenders too, Buffon should be enough. He ought to concede less that the opposition keeper, let alone when having help from NT Legro, the beast Sissoko and hard workers Grygera+Molinaro. Anyway just to be sure, we took Canna...
And our expensive/fancy attackers should score more goals than the cheap forwards of the opposition.:shifty:

We have invested enough to forwards and central midfielders. Its time to fix our defense and upkeep our broken wings, if we are about to use them again...
I hope your theory is wrong. :xfinger: and it probably is because Buffon wouldn't of stay if they told him this shit in there meetings. :andyandbarcelona:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I think they board is doing well so far. I think if its Conte to come he will bring Guberti to help fix our broken wings. He can play both sides, plus the players we sell we can still fix the defense, its just up to the board to decide who.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
The Mercato has started of well with Cannavaro,Diego coming in.

But im feeling worried that the rest of the mercato will be bad.

First we have the Criscito deal.. if we fail to get him back then the club has made a terrible misstake.. and I can see that we buy Dossena istead.

Dossena for me is nothing more then a mediocer player who at best could be good as a reserve player.

Second thing we need a Rightback.. I hope the club sees this problem to.. We have Zebina and Grygra there.. 2 players who are at best good as subs( as Dossena) We need to keep one of them and buy a great RB example Srna or Rafinha. Even Zuniga would be ok atleast he is talented.

The third thing that worries me is Trezeguet.. He is a great player.. and if we are selling him then I want a player that is classy, Dzeko,Tevez,Benzema players like that.. It's hard to buy this players.. Thats why I believe we should keep Trez.
Not getting players like Quagliarella or Pandev do replace him.

Im worried about these things.. I really hope the club proves me wrong.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
We'll have to wait for the new coach.

Whether it's Ferrara, Conte, Laurent Blanc, Wenger or anyone else.

1. He will act quickly to strengthen our uncharacteristically leaky defence.

2. He will deal with the Trez matter speedily.

The latter issue should be clear by midweek at the latest. I'm pretty certain that David will be leaving.

The defence is now an absolute priority and will need to be addressed in the next 14 days. I fully expect the defence to include a major signing. A tried & trusted International, hopefully someone who is versatile as regards positions within the back 4.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
A new RB and a new midfielder who can do what Tiago was supposed to do, and I'm more than happy!
That's all we need and can realistically achieve right now. I guess that we won't play 4-4-2 now that we have Diego, so there is no need for wingers. In that case a RB and a MC would do just fine.

Get Criscito back, buy Maicon and Xabi Alonso and i'm happy :D

@ Cron, we don't have a playmaker. Tiago is closest to that from our midfielders, but he obviously can't do it.

Jun 26, 2007
What Tiago was supposed to do, that Marchisio, Diego or Poulsen cant do?
Is that a trick question? I guess I mean a fairly all-round player who can pass the ball well and direct the tempo of the game on the midfield. We might have someone who can do that well enough, but I do believe we need an extra force, even if it's just for more depth.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I am asking that because i believed that we are stacked up with DM/CM/DMs and no matter how anyone can see Tiago and his possible use, i believe that we have at least two players available for that role.

For ex, if you see him as a DM, we have Sissoko and CZ
as CM, we have Marchisio and Poulsen.
as AMF, we have Diego, Camo and Giovinco.

I dont see a need for another squad depth, mediocre midfielder at any case.
If we are going to invest into a wc starter, thats another case, but i think it would be a waste of funds to add one more midfielder like Dagostino for ex.

Esp if we could use that sum, to buy a better RB, CB, RM and LM
If we buy an RB first, change to a formation that doesnt need wingers, then i would see the logic behind the need of yet another CM...

Alen, i cant see why we cant use Tiago as a playmaker and Giovinco or Camo as back ups...

Jun 26, 2007
I am asking that because i believed that we are stacked up with DM/CM/DMs and no matter how anyone can see Tiago and his possible use, i believe that we have at least two players available for that role.

For ex, if you see him as a DM, we have Sissoko and CZ
as CM, we have Marchisio and Poulsen.
as AMF, we have Diego, Camo and Giovinco.

I dont see a need for another squad depth, mediocre midfielder at any case.
If we are going to invest into a wc starter, thats another case, but i think it would be a waste of funds to add one more midfielder like Dagostino for ex.

Esp if we could use that sum, to buy a better RB, CB, RM and LM
If we buy an RB first, change to a formation that doesnt need wingers, then i would see the logic behind the need of yet another CM...

Alen, i cant see why we cant use Tiago as a playmaker and Giovinco or Camo as back ups...
Oh yeah, I pretty much assume we're going to play a 3-man midfield and try to get rid of Tiago. I guess the player I have in mind is something like Marchisio, but with a little bit more flair and technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)