Analysis of Summer Transfer requirements (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
We have done well this season, so far. And while I dream of mashing chelsea, it is more important to achieve 2nd in the league. This would be progress; what every team aims for each season. Our progress can not be based on our whole history, it must be based on the last three seasons. Because when we got skanked into serie B, the club marker changed significantly.

While I don't rank Ranieri as one of the greats, he has done a decent job as our manager. If we fail to achieve 2nd, or even 3rd in the league, our progress will be stagnated. But I await the last day of the season for that judgment to be given.

It is clear that we need reinforcements if we are to pursue the greatness of old. We are in a dodgy period of transition, with the old guard coming to the end of their tenure as first team regulars, the youngsters showing great potential, but annoyingly, in between those two ends of the spectrum, we have several players who are not fit to wear the jersey. And it is they, as well as a couple of the old guard, which MUST be replaced in the summer.

Giovinco is a worthy heir to Del Piero. Marchisio is capable of becoming one of the finest midfielders in the league, alongside Momo. Buffon has at least another four years as the greatest keeper in the galaxy. Chiellini already has become a world star, and can still improve, our defence without him, is fragile. But whenever I have seen Chiellini, Momo and Marchiso play together, the spine of the team has looked like titianium.

So,
GK- Buffon

Defence
Chiellini and....
Will criscito return***
Molinaro is not good enough, and will never be good enough. He is too delicate to form a blockade on the left flank, and to my reckoning, his weakness is one of the primary reasons why Ranieri has continued to play nedved on the left wing, in order to offer Molinaro some protection. Can de ceglie step up to the mark** not yet...
Grygera is solid yet unspectacular. Though, we can still prosper with him in the side.
NEEDED- Left Back to compete with de ceglie.
Right back to compete with Grygera.
Centreback (if criscito doesn't come home)

midfield

Marchiso and Momo are fine as our central pairing. Tiago can stay but Poulsen must be sold. Is Almiron sold or on loan****Zanetti is too old now.
Nedved is almost dead...to replace him, we need someone proven in the art of unlocking defences. Ribery would be perfect, and as I was saying last week, the allure of following in the footsteps of Platini and Zidane must be great for the frenchman. I hope we get him. Camorenesi, if fit, will last another season at least but he needs better cover than Marchionni who has been one of our worst players of this season.
Needed:
Nedved replacement.
Camorenesi cover.

attack
Del piero can stay, of course, but he must cede playing time to Giovinco. As for the others, Trezeguet, Amauri and Iaquinta, who can all be labelled as target men, if trezeguet stays fit and has a decent end of season run, he can stay. I would hate to lose iaquinta, because I believe he is a fine player and often more useful than Amauri, because he has greater drive, a stronger heart and unwavering determination to succeed and score goals...The rumours of Cassano arriving are welcome and interesting, but who would leave**** likely it will be iaquinta, given his apparent position in the pecking order, but cassano wont come to us to play from the bench. Also, if he does come, what of giovinco****

OUT:
Almiron, Marchionni, Molinaro, Nedved.

Buffon
Grygera Chiellini Criscito X
Camo Marchisio Momo X
Trezeguet Del Piero (giovinco)

the most pressing needs for the summer are a left midfielder and a left back. If possible, we need also cover for Camo and competition for grygera...Looking at it that way, we dont need much to become solid enough to properly challenge Inter next season and also make a decent stab at the champions league. Forza Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
icεmαή;1905067 said:
At this point of time, I'd choose to keep Molinaro over Grygera...
Why? Grygera is way more consistent than Molinaro plus he's probably our best defensive performer in Champions League.

Freeman

Feb 17, 2009
I am down to replace every brick to build a mansion except GK.

Our SCs are too old to keep health and fitness in the next season. Momo needs time to grow in passing and creation. I will support G.W.Bush rather than Cassano, coz he will incite our lockerroom. furthermore, I am really irked at Molinaro and Grygera, they are streaky.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
It's not the season end, its a little bit early to pass judgment on the team. However, if the current form is anything to go by ...

I agree with Iceman that Gyrgera is by far the weakest link of the back 4. Unless he steps up a gear, he's better be on the first plane/train/ship or whatever transport he can find out of Turin come summer.

Its too early to determine Poulsen as a flop, he was injured for most part of the 1st half of the season. If Tiago can be shown such patience by most, why can't Poulsen?
Do not think there is a immediate need, in fact I dun there is a need to upgrade these 4, Marchiso-Sissoko-Poulsen-Tiago .

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
First thing we need in defense would be a right back.Knowing we are going to sign someone to replace Nedved this summer we won't have much more :money: so I can only think of Eboue who will be free agent.He's not anything special but he's better than Grygera and it would be a nice transfer.
CB is needed conisdering Legro's situation but I don't see us buying some great defender this year.If it's up to me it would be Ivanovic but I highly doubt that's going to happen.Our only CB signing could be Mattias who is supposed to get Knezevic's place and it looks like a good signing.I mean,he's free and plus he is supposed to be pretty good.Getting Criscito back is a must who can cover both CB and LB and from what I've heard he was good this season while playing for Genoa.
We need someone on the left side but I don't think we're going to buy anyone.We have Molinaro and I think our club plans to keep him and plus there's De Ceglie(I still have high hopes for him).If we bring Criscito back that should settle it.

Midfield:

Now this will be a pain.Buying some AML is a priority of course.Nedved lost it and he's going to retire most likely. :shifty: We should not try to save some money for this transfer.After Zidane and Nedved it should be someone on or close to that level.Seeing media linking us with Diego,Silva is Ribery is fine and it should be one of those three.I wouldn't mind any of them lol.So that should take ~30 mln euros for transfer and 4-5/mln a year for wages.
Our central midfield spot is over-covered and someone should leave.Having Sissoko,Tiago,Marchisio,Poulsen and Zanetti is too much.They are all pretty good and this sucks because we play 4-4-2 and we are going to keep playing it I guess.
I don't really think we are going to sell Poulsen as some people already mentioned.I mean,we just bought him and he didn't even play much so I don't see the point of selling him yet.Tiago is reborned and unlike the last year he is playing very good this season so we don't have to sell him now.It's only Zanetti left because there's no way I'd sell Momo or Marchisio.Zanetti is not getting any younger and he has a problem with injuries.He would be the most realistic option to leave.
Signing someone instead of Marchionni is a must IMO.He was pretty bad so far while he plays a lot considering Camo's injuries.So we need someone who's ready to warm our bench but also capable of replacing Camo from time to time.I think it will be Galletti.If not there's Guberti maybe.

Attack:

It's really fine this way BUT people should stop saying we don't need another forward.We don't but only if Iaquinta wants to stay.I think it's up to him because I don't really think he likes this role.If we sell him we need someone to fill that spot of course and that could be Floccari.

Ranieri situation is still unknown if you ask me.Our staff said he'll stay but I think it depends a lot on our match against Chealse and I think they were just trying to release pressure of him.If they beat us and we end up on the third place we could start searching for another manager.If there's some very good coach I'm all for it but I don't want someone average or inexpirienced who could be much worse than Ranieri.

Medical staff:

Fire 'em. :cry: It's stupid to blame them for all injuries because we don't know what's actually going on but this is not right.I mean,we always have at least 7 players injured.

So I see it somehow like this

Out:

Zebina
Zanetti
Knezevic
Almiron
Iaquinta

In:

Eboue
Mattias
Criscito
Silva (?)
Galletti
Floccari

Buffon

Eboue-Chiellini-Legro-Molinaro

Camo-Sissoko-Tiago-Silva

Trezeguet/Amauri-DP

---------------

Manninger

Grygera-Mellberg-Criscito-De Ceglie

Galleti-Marchisio-Poulsen-Giovinco

Floccari-Amauri/Trez

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Why? Grygera is way more consistent than Molinaro plus he's probably our best defensive performer in Champions League.
I said, at the moment... Molinaro is everywhere at the moment... defensively he hasn't been bad, attacking he's been average at least (Okay, his crosses suck big time still) but Grygera has been suspect defensively in the past games and his crosses are as good as Molinaro's...

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Molinaro has been quite good defensively, but still tends to be unaware of anyone behind him. Unfortunately, I cannot see any quality LB besides Evra that one can call world(Juventus)-class. Grygera will have Salihamidzic and hopefully Zebina to contend with. CB spot will depend on Criscito's progress and Andrade's fitness. Poulsen is highly unlikely to be sold because he can be an excellent player. Since Zanetti is so old, we might as well allow him to retire with us. He can provide the youngsters with advice which is better than selling him for a little money. Only Nedved's position is a must. I will welcome Eboue too.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Molinaro improved but still not enough.He can stay but only because we have other positons to fill that are more important.I would like to see De Ceglie there though.RB is a must as well.We should not reley on Zebina who is always injured and on Sali who's terrible while playing there.

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #15
    Its wicked to see such a strong response to my post. Many of you are clearly thinking along the same lines as myself. Душан in particular, shed some light on areas I only touched upon, briefly shone the torch upon. And I agree with everything he wrote.

I was too hasty in my denunciation of Poulsen, he needs more time, and deserves more times. As for the Molinaro debate, I see him as weaker, defensively, than Grygera, but both of them are incongruous to my hopes and dreams of the future Juventus.

my question is this...Is Criscito willing and likely to return, and if so, is he ready to partner Chiellini in the middle***

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #16
    PS...and ßüякε...I am not solely an abuser of fine herbs, I also enjoy certain powders, but I am presently marooned in Australia and while back home in the UK, my favourite powder can be procured for 50 sterlings a gram, here, the price is closer to 125 sterlings a gram...so for now, I am sticking to decent rum and aussie herb.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    We will have to wait I guess.Criscito deserves one more chance because he was pretty good this season but yet again it was like that before but he failed here.I still think he can help us and we must bring him back.Even if he comes I don't really think he's going to play next to Chiellini at start.Maybe we'll give him a chance on the left side.He still has a lot to learn but he should get his chance that's for sure.

I don't really think Molinaro is weaker than Grygera and especially if we're comparing their defensive abilities.Molinaro is pretty solid in defense and he can run for like 200 minutes but he's terrible up front.His passes and crosses are still very weak.Grygera on the other hand is pretty bad in both defense and attack.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Eℓvin;1905106 said:
    It's too freakin early for this, man.. really.
    :agree:

And, Dusan, we think we know the weaknesses, but they may not be so bad once we see more of the injured players return.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    icεmαή;1905067 said:
    At this point of time, I'd choose to keep Molinaro over Grygera...

:agree:

Although I'm not a huge fan, Molinaro has improved, in fact he even put in some decent crosses against Sampdoria.

When you look back it is amazing just how many goals we concede down the right side or because Grygera is playing someone onside.

But for a team that is so reliant on wing play both do not cut it for a team that wants to win a Scudetto.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Like Elvin said, its a bit too early for this. But i'd like to add, that even if Molinaro wasn't good enough, or needs to be replaced, i think it should be done internally, ie giving De Ceglie more games there. It does not look likely as Ranieri obviously sees De Ceglie as a winger. But if i were in Claudio's place i'd play him more as leftback. He still isn't good enough of course, but i believe he has a higher ceiling than Molinaro. His discrepancies can be solved by time and experience. I firmly believe that with time, he will develop into a better defender and in turn a fine fullback.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)