American NFL Football (19 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Damn, congrats to the Ravens for a well deserved victory. The Pats just imploded in the 2nd half when they usually play better. today, along with some poor coaching and conservative play calling, just about everything that could have gone wrong for them, did. You just don't deserve to go to the big game when you play like this.

Congrats to the 9ers too, who made it after almost doing what the Seahawks did too - star playing a quarter or two too late.

The SB should be an interesting Family affair. May the better team win.

P.S. and Ray Lewis is such a drama queen :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 10, 2006
Belichick is the ultimate sore loser.

I don't think the Ravens are going to be able to cope with Caepernic. They haven't played a mobile QB in a while. I could see him causing them some serious problems. My first thought was a Ravens win, but I'm backing off of that now. I'll think it over this week and make a, hopefully, more informed decision next weekend.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah the Ravens are dirty fucks.

Here's a question for you guys. If you had a baseball bat and first shot, would you fight Ray Lewis?
hmm, good question. can he move while I take my shot?

pats suck

oh, and fuck the niners. atlanta beat themselves on that game. the ravens will kill em.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Belichick is the ultimate sore loser.

I don't think the Ravens are going to be able to cope with Caepernic. They haven't played a mobile QB in a while. I could see him causing them some serious problems. My first thought was a Ravens win, but I'm backing off of that now. I'll think it over this week and make a, hopefully, more informed decision next weekend.
what do you mean by that? Did something happen after the game? I only saw him congratulate JH and wish him luck at the SB.

the Ravens are one of those teams that can catch fire at the right moment even if they've had a pretty poor reg season, especially on D, by their high standards. Still, if the 49ers avoid today's inadequate start to the game, they should be too much of a running threat for the Ravens to handle, imo.
If the 49ers still had Smith at QB, I would have gone Ravens all day but Kaep in there, as long as SF don't tie him too much in the pocket, I think the 9ers have the edge. one has to keep in mind, however, the risk of having Kaep run vs a hard-hitting D like the Ravens' - you don't want him to get too careless and carried away there or Smith will be taking over before HT.

- - - Updated - - -

ridic how obvious the ravens are trying to injure welker
Yeah the Ravens are dirty fucks.

Here's a question for you guys. If you had a baseball bat and first shot, would you fight Ray Lewis?
that may be so but there is always that saying about the heat and the kitchen ... it's part of the business

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
what do you mean by that? Did something happen after the game? I only saw him congratulate JH and wish him luck at the SB.

the Ravens are one of those teams that can catch fire at the right moment even if they've had a pretty poor reg season, especially on D, by their high standards. Still, if the 49ers avoid today's inadequate start to the game, they should be too much of a running threat for the Ravens to handle, imo.
If the 49ers still had Smith at QB, I would have gone Ravens all day but Kaep in there, as long as SF don't tie him too much in the pocket, I think the 9ers have the edge. one has to keep in mind, however, the risk of having Kaep run vs a hard-hitting D like the Ravens' - you don't want him to get too careless and carried away there or Smith will be taking over before HT.

- - - Updated - - -

that may be so but there is always that saying about the heat and the kitchen ... it's part of the business
true, their D is crazy good and in football hurting the other guy is part of the game. that's why they have pads and helmets.

the niners D beat themselves when they gave up that 17 point lead.

see what I did there? :lol:
:lol: no. but i see the niners losing to the ravens.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
When 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh made the decision to sit Alex Smith and start Kaepernick in Week 11, I thought it a strange move. Smith was playing well. The 49ers were winning. And this was a team that went to the NFC title game last season.

I called it arrogant and dumb. I was the dumb one.

Why? I didn't see what this kid had, which is a bullet for an arm, a competitive fire and the head to read the field and make the right decisions. Here's a taste of how smart he is as a quarterback: Goodwin said he audibled on 40 percent of the plays at the line of scrimmage Sunday.

"I think he was right every time he changed it," Goodwin said.

Not too shabby for a guy making his ninth start. The move to start him is now validated.
-cbssports.com

Jul 10, 2006
hmm, good question. can he move while I take my shot?

pats suck

oh, and fuck the niners. atlanta beat themselves on that game. the ravens will kill em.
Beg to differ, the 49ers outscored the Falcons 28-7 from (basically) the end of the first quarter till the final whistle.

The Falcons were handicapped because they couldn't run the ball. 23 rushes for 81 yards just won't cut it at this stage in the playoffs.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

He refused to talk to CBS after the loss. Shannon Sharpe called him out on it at the end of the post game show. The look on everyone else's face was priceless.

In regards to your theory on the 49ers holding Kaep too much in the pocket, I respectfully disagree. All of his attempts yesterday were in the pocket. 15 of his 16 completions were on first and second down. He had a nearly 80% completion percentage, and a QB Rating of nearly 130. I think the problem that Baltimore's defense might have, is that while they are certainly very physical, they are not very fast. They don't seal the edges well at all. Another problem that the Ravens defense might have is the overall team speed of the 49ers on both sides of the ball,combined with their physicality.

However, a lot of theories have blown up in peoples faces during these playoffs, so anything can happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I sense a theme. Do you really need to say it any more here?

And I stopped trying to figure out why.

It's not as if they are division rivals. They play each other, what, every four years?

- - - Updated - - -
@Rollie

My 49ers brother in arms since the day I joined.

Where art thou???

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
He refused to talk to CBS after the loss. Shannon Sharpe called him out on it at the end of the post game show. The look on everyone else's face was priceless.

In regards to your theory on the 49ers holding Kaep too much in the pocket, I respectfully disagree. All of his attempts yesterday were in the pocket. 15 of his 16 completions were on first and second down. He had a nearly 80% completion percentage, and a QB Rating of nearly 130. I think the problem that Baltimore's defense might have, is that while they are certainly very physical, they are not very fast. They don't seal the edges well at all. Another problem that the Ravens defense might have is the overall team speed of the 49ers on both sides of the ball,combined with their physicality.
Oh, I see. Good then, it's what I like seeing from him - the guy just hates losing. He hates giving interviews even after a win, forget about after a defeat. Shannon should feel free to go suck on something else other than CBS mics. :p

I didn't mean that Kaep can't be a pocket passer but that to exploit those same weaknesses of the Raven D you mentioned, he'd have to do more running than he did vs the falcons. Keeping him in the pocket for too long I believe ties up his hands a bit and turns him into too conventional a QB and best thing about him is namely his being a multi-dimensional threat, so to speak. The Ravens D is, as you said, a slower D but they are really good against more traditional QB play from the pocket. They would suffer, however, trying to account for Kaep as a running threat as I expect that would destroy their organization and discipline on top of them lacking quickness overall. You want them unsettled, confused and chasing after the ball all game long, not sitting back comfortably and dictating the game.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Flacco has been insane in the post-season. Of course, Denver never should have left the field when he got the go-ahead touchdown...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)