Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (7 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If he can score 12 goals or more in half a season then scoring 8 more the rest of the season is not so far fetched. If you've scored more than 10 goals for Juve in half a season please let me know. I'll be sure to defend your goalscoring capabilities as well.
Of course it's remotely possible but why even bring it up? It won't happen.

Jun 13, 2007
If he's over 30 and he hasn't yet then why are you so sure that he can?

Because I've seen the guy play when he was at his best form and he was a top class goal poacher. I don't care if he's been in sit form for 50 years, there was a point where I saw what he could do with Palermo and short stint at the start of his Juve career. He has the capability to score 20 or more goals per season.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Because I've seen the guy play when he was at his best form and he was a top class goal poacher. I don't care if he's been in sit form for 50 years, there was a point where I saw what he could do with Palermo and short stint at the start of his Juve career. He has the capability to score 20 or more goals per season.
I'm not denying that Amauri has talent but if he for some reason cannot access that talent now than he is still just as useless to us.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If he can score 12 goals or more in half a season then scoring 8 more the rest of the season is not so far fetched. If you've scored more than 10 goals for Juve in half a season please let me know. I'll be sure to defend your goalscoring capabilities as well.
You could actually have a point IF Amauri is a natural goal scorer, but sadly he isn't. He was never famous for hitting up 20 goals a season, as his stats can also prove. If at the age of 30, his best tally is 12 goals in a season, then I find it quite hard for him to reach 20 goals now, also considering in the last Serie A season he only scored 5.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Rev, in a 10+ year professional career, he has never hit 20 goals in a season.

and you're saying it is presumptuous of us to say he can't do that?!

Mar 9, 2006
Amauri
When a soon-to-be 36-year-old had made you look like a tree planted in the opposition's penalty area, you have had a bad game, no matter if the veteran was no other than Alessandro Del Piero. The striker delivered a very poor performance and, barring a bright moment in the 32nd minute, he offered very little in attack. Good thing he missed De Ceglie's cross for Krasic's goal.

from goal.com, i totally agree

Jun 13, 2007
Rev, in a 10+ year professional career, he has never hit 20 goals in a season.

and you're saying it is presumptuous of us to say he can't do that?!
Uhm. Yes.

If I never saw a fat person wearing Nike shoes in my entire life, would it not be presumptuous of me to assume that I will never see a fat person wearing Nike shoes?

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
Uhm. Yes.

If I never saw a fat person wearing Nike shoes in my entire life, would it not be presumptuous of me to assume that I will never see a fat person wearing Nike shoes?
Maybe, but the chances of a fat person getting nike shoes is a lot higher than Amauri scoring 20 times. It's not impossible, but there's a big precedent.

Jun 13, 2007
Maybe, but the chances of a fat person getting nike shoes is a lot higher than Amauri scoring 20 times. It's not impossible, but there's a big precedent.
Right, okay. So if I told you that I never saw a dog perform a dickstand in my entire life; meaning I have never seen a dog balance its entire body on the tip of its penis, would it not be presumptuous of me to assume that I will never see that happen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)