Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (10 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
I suppose it's presumptuous of me to assume that De Ceglie won't win the Golden Ball at some point in his career.
Maybe, who knows. I bet 99 percent of football fans around the world didn't expect Cannavaro to ever win the Golden Ball. The fact that Amauri hasn't scored 20+ goals in the past 10 years says only one thing, that he hasn't scored 20+ goals in the past 10 years.

Also, a player who has scored 20 + goals every single year of his ten year career is not more likely to score 20+ goals in his 11th year than Amauri.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Maybe, who knows. I bet 99 percent of football fans around the world didn't expect Cannavaro to ever win the Golden Ball. The fact that Amauri hasn't scored 20+ goals in the past 10 years says only one thing, that he hasn't scored 20+ goals in the past 10 years.

Also, a player who has scored 20 + goals every single year of his ten year career is not more likely to score 20+ goals in his 11th year than Amauri.
So basically, anything can happen. Yeah, we know that. Anything is possible with Barbie. But it's a damn safe bet that he won't.

Jun 13, 2007
Seriously, though. I see no good reason why Amauri won't score 20 or more goals by the end of his career. De Ceglie winning the Golden Ball? It's possible, but hughly unlikely because De Ceglie just doesn't have the talent to do it yet. He hasn't shown us signs that he could be or is the best fullback in the world. On the contrary, Amauri has at times shown us how deadly he could be in front of goal. So it would not be crazy to assume that he's likely to score a good number of goals given the right service.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Seriously, though. I see no good reason why Amauri won't score 20 or more goals by the end of his career. De Ceglie winning the Golden Ball? It's possible, but hughly unlikely because De Ceglie just doesn't have the talent to do it yet. He hasn't shown us signs that he could be or is the best fullback in the world. On the contrary, Amauri has at times shown us how deadly he could be in front of goal. So it would not be crazy to assume that he's likely to score a good number of goals given the right service.
Deadly is right.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
De Ceglie and Amauri can battle it out for the worst Juve player...never mind, Amauri wins because at least De Ceglie does what he's supposed to sometimes while Amauri just takes up space.

edit: I'm trying not to get upset over our EL performances because some key players of ours are cup tied but there's really no excuse for our $23m striker not to be scoring goals ffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)