Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (150 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Replacing Amauri with someone else won't solve our problems. No one gets any decent service. Things are improving with Krasic and Aquilani though. Right now our entire attack is not good enough, but if Amauri can get something going, we'll be a much better team. Iaquinta is very limited. Quag, big question mark. Del piero, bless him but he's 36. Amauri seems like he has the most potential between all of them.
Quag who's scored twice this season already and Del Piero who at 36 has also scored this season both in Serie A and in the EL at the age of 36 are questionable but Amauri who has yet to bag a single goal this season has potential?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Quag who's scored twice this season already and Del Piero who at 36 has also scored this season both in Serie A and in the EL at the age of 36 are questionable but Amauri who has yet to bag a single goal this season has potential?
are you being presumptuous?

what the fuck is your problem?

Jun 13, 2007
he has't received any service for the past 30-odd league matches?

where is he, Jupiter?

He has, but nothing near what a striker is supposed to be receiving. I don't know why you are amazed by this. Have you forgotten how bad we were last year?

Calm down there, Rocky.

No one is saying he will "definitely" not score 20 goals this or any other season, but when one is considering a player who in his whole 10 year career in Italy never exceed the 12 goal margin in Serie A, to now score 20 goals all of sudden is a bit weird don't you think?

It "can" happen, but quite impossible.

Actually, yes, that's exactly what everyone is saying. Go back a page and you'll see how everyone thinks it's impossible. Sure I don't think it's very likely, but I certainly believe it may very well happen. I don't why people are so hung up on the fact that he hasn't scored in so long. We had one of our worst seasons ever last year. The entire team was terribly disappointing. We've barely started the season and everyone is calling this guy 'finished'.

I'd just like him to play 4 or 5 games in a row, get some decent service. And if he does nothing, I'd join the bandwagon. But all this talk right now is uncalled for. Name anyone other than Chiellini and Diego who had good seasons last year. Did you expect Amauri to finish as top scorer with last year's team?

:confused:

They all play for the same team, yet Amauri is the one who most of the crosses are aimed for. And I believe he has more playing time than Iaq. With his potential he shouldn't have the least goals on the team.
Yeah Grygera's and De Ceglie's crosses are a piece of art. They always manage to hit Amauri straight in the face.

Jun 13, 2007
Quag is questionable because I haven't seen enough of him. Alex is never questionable, he's just old. But I'd never write him off. Amauri is a player I've been watching in a while. Even in his Palermo days. And yes, he does have potential.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You just completely ignore the main points.

-it's not IMPOSSIBLE, just friggin unlikely when he has 1 in Serie A in almost a year

- the service ain't Beckham and Xavi, but it's the same service Quag, DP, Iaq and DEFENDERS Bonucci and Chiellini get. Why can't he score 1 when they all have 2 or more?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Quag is questionable because I haven't seen enough of him. Alex is never questionable, he's just old. But I'd never write him off. Amauri is a player I've been watching in a while. Even in his Palermo days. And yes, he does have potential.
He's 30 mate. When is going to bloom into this formidable striker you speak off?

Jun 13, 2007
You just completely ignore the main points.

-it's not IMPOSSIBLE, just friggin unlikely when he has 1 in Serie A in almost a year

- the service ain't Beckham and Xavi, but it's the same service Quag, DP, Iaq and DEFENDERS Bonucci and Chiellini get. Why can't he score 1 when they all have 2 or more?
He has, I believe he scored two goals in the first game of the season. Europa League.

And if you're basing your whole argument on the fact that he hasn't scored those almighty two goals Alex, Quag, and Bonnuci have scored then......

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What about the 2 hearders he had on straight on goal with one going wide the other right at the goalie? Was that not service or am I just confused as to what service really is? It doesn't get much better than that for many strikers and many strikers deal with much worse service and still score goals but lets just keep making excuses for Amauri.

Give him time.
He needs better service.
Needs wingers.
Needs more crosses.
He isn't a fox in the box.
He isn't an out and out striker.
He has a strong physical presence that draws defenders away from our other players.
He is good at chesting.
He is good at heading.
He works hard.
He is always trying.
He has bad players around him.
He has coaches that play him out of position.
He has coaches that are bad tactically.
He is getting double marked.
He has low confidence.
He isn't fit.
He just came back from injury.
He did well at Palermo.
He was a late bloomer.
He had two goals against Shamrock Rovers.
He did well in preseason friendlies.
He scored 3 times in a 5 v 5 match on a rugby field with no goalies.
So many new players to gel with this season.
Nicholas is his biggest fanboy.
1 goal every 15 games to shut Cameron up.
Cameron is a broken record but his droughts for the last 2 seasons aren't.
He showed promise his first season, lets give him more time.
He needs more time.
He needs more time.
He needs more time.

Seriously though, lets give him more time.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'd just like him to play 4 or 5 games in a row, get some decent service. And if he does nothing, I'd join the bandwagon. But all this talk right now is uncalled for. Name anyone other than Chiellini and Diego who had good seasons last year. Did you expect Amauri to finish as top scorer with last year's team?
I'm getting tired, but what the hell.

Did you know that last year Chiellini, a CB, scored only 1 goal less than our star striker? Did Amauri and Chiellini had different service? Is it reasonable for a striker to score 1 goal in approximately a year?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He has, I believe he scored two goals in the first game of the season. Europa League.

And if you're basing your whole argument on the fact that he hasn't scored those almighty two goals Alex, Quag, and Bonnuci have scored then......
Oh, right. Forgot about the preliminary rounds. Points still stand however. There is no indication that he can realistically score 20 goals in a season.

Jun 13, 2007
Are you Ze Tahir? I presumpt that you're not.

Don't. I just hacked into J rev's account.
He's 30 mate. When is going to bloom into this formidable striker you speak off?
I don't know. But I've seen enough of him to expect that he can. Hubner was serie A's top scorer at 35. I don't see why Amauri can't be. Just because he never has isn't a good reason to assume he never will.

Jun 13, 2007
I'm getting tired, but what the hell.

Did you know that last year Chiellini, a CB, scored only 1 goal less than our star striker? Did Amauri and Chiellini had different service? Is it reasonable for a striker to score 1 goal in approximately a year?
I'm even more tired. I think this might just be my last post.

No, it's not reasonable. But none of our attackers did well last year. We were really bad. Do I have to say it again? We were a shit team. It would have been a miracle for any striker to get anything going with the way we were playing last year.

Oh, right. Forgot about the preliminary rounds. Points still stand however. There is no indication that he can realistically score 20 goals in a season.

Yeah, because he hasn't been able to score TWO goals like Alex and Quag. You're right. I agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)