Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (14 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He played hard today. He was fighting for every ball. He was also always an aerial threat. The fact that our team can't create a single chance for him isn't his fault. I don't know why we don't cross the ball more often. I don't know what you expect from him, dribble the ball past 4 players go around the keeper and tap it home?

He's a classic striker that's always a threat in the box. All we need is some more wing play, we just need to send some more balls his way.
He missed two headers today that any classy striker in Europe would have put at least 1 in. Adebayor the average Joe you all labeled him out to be made many here look like fools with his hat trick. I still can't believe some here would rather stick with Iaquinta and Amauri next season.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 13, 2007
Words of wisdom. Thanks, I think I need a new signature btw.
You're welcome. I don't know if you need a new signature. Perhaps you just want one?

So basically, anything can happen. Yeah, we know that. Anything is possible with Barbie. But it's a damn safe bet that he won't.

No, it's not a damn safe bet at all. He's more likely to score 20+ goals than many many players in serie A. How you can call that a damn safe bet is amazing. I'm not saying he will. But completely writing him off, and especially him is incredible to me.

If you told me Pepe or Kaladze won't score that many goals, I'd be inclined to say you're most likely going to be right.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Why stop at 20? What the hell why not shoot for 30 in a single season because it is still "possible".
So it's also presumptuous of me to assume Sissoko will pass like Xavi from next Sunday onwards.
and i will shag Salma Hayeck next week,you know,because its POSSIBLE...not likely,but possible

though i daresay i would need half a dozen roofies and a bottle of chloroform

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Maybe, who knows. I bet 99 percent of football fans around the world didn't expect Cannavaro to ever win the Golden Ball. The fact that Amauri hasn't scored 20+ goals in the past 10 years says only one thing, that he hasn't scored 20+ goals in the past 10 years.

Also, a player who has scored 20 + goals every single year of his ten year career is not more likely to score 20+ goals in his 11th year than Amauri.
I don't think we need to risk our team's chances to be successful, hoping endlessly for Amauri to score more than 20 goals. And even if he could (in utopian world maybe), so what? Iaquinta can do it, maybe even Quagliarella.
In his current state i would prefer to be one man down with 10 players, without him. At least we won't send the ball to this desperate guy to lose it.

It's true that two years ago he could have reached 20 goals if hadn't picked an injury, but that was maybe his best form in all of his career. Only half a season of okay performance two years ago is not enough to keep giving a player a chance. He's not Trezeguet and he will never be

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You're welcome. I don't know if you need a new signature. Perhaps you just want one?

No, it's not a damn safe bet at all. He's more likely to score 20+ goals than many many players in serie A. How you can call that a damn safe bet is amazing. I'm not saying he will. But completely writing him off, and especially him is incredible to me.

If you told me Pepe or Kaladze won't score that many goals, I'd be inclined to say you're most likely going to be right.
Because he has NEVER done it. He is getting older and not any better, losing more confidence by the game and I'm sure the team is losing in him too. So yeah, a safe bet. Talent is relative. He's probably better than Kyle, Ahmed and German Denis, but he is no better than Corradi, me or Pellisier.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Because he has NEVER done it. He is getting older and not any better, losing more confidence by the game and I'm sure the team is losing in him too. So yeah, a safe bet. Talent is relative. He's probably better than Kyle, Ahmed and German Denis, but he is no better than Corradi, me or Pellisier.
fuck off, I'm better than Amauri.

Jun 13, 2007
I don't think we need to risk our team's chances to be successful, hoping endlessly for Amauri to score more than 20 goals. And even if he could (in utopian world maybe), so what? Iaquinta can do it, maybe even Quagliarella.
In his current state i would prefer to be one man down with 10 players, without him. At least we won't send the ball to this desperate guy to lose it.

It's true that two years ago he could have reached 20 goals if hadn't picked an injury, but that was maybe his best form in all of his career. Only half a season of okay performance two years ago is not enough to keep giving a player a chance. He's not Trezeguet and he will never be
Replacing Amauri with someone else won't solve our problems. No one gets any decent service. Things are improving with Krasic and Aquilani though. Right now our entire attack is not good enough, but if Amauri can get something going, we'll be a much better team. Iaquinta is very limited. Quag, big question mark. Del piero, bless him but he's 36. Amauri seems like he has the most potential between all of them.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Dammit, Sissoko works too hard to be ignored like this.
For the 8m or so we payed for him he's not too bad. We just need to find someone better than him so we can come off the bench instead of starting. He'd definitely make the bench in the pre-2006 Juventus era.

Btw, he was clutch vs Man City.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Replacing Amauri with someone else won't solve our problems. No one gets any decent service. Things are improving with Krasic and Aquilani though. Right now our entire attack is not good enough, but if Amauri can get something going, we'll be a much better team. Iaquinta is very limited. Quag, big question mark. Del piero, bless him but he's 36. Amauri seems like he has the most potential between all of them.
he has't received any service for the past 30-odd league matches?

where is he, Jupiter?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You can assume whatever the fuck you want. Once you tell me he definitely won't, then you're being presumptuous.
Calm down there, Rocky.

No one is saying he will "definitely" not score 20 goals this or any other season, but when one is considering a player who in his whole 10 year career in Italy never exceed the 12 goal margin in Serie A, to now score 20 goals all of sudden is a bit weird don't you think?

It "can" happen, but quite impossible.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
:confused:

They all play for the same team, yet Amauri is the one who most of the crosses are aimed for. And I believe he has more playing time than Iaq. With his potential he shouldn't have the least goals on the team.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I don't agree with the lack of good service argument at all. Ive seen Amauri miss enough chances this last number of years to prove to me he isn't good enough.

Jun 13, 2007
So you would bet 10,000 Euros that he'll never score 20+ goals for the rest of his career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)