Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (10 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
He played hard today. He was fighting for every ball. He was also always an aerial threat. The fact that our team can't create a single chance for him isn't his fault. I don't know why we don't cross the ball more often. I don't know what you expect from him, dribble the ball past 4 players go around the keeper and tap it home?

He's a classic striker that's always a threat in the box. All we need is some more wing play, we just need to send some more balls his way.

Jun 13, 2007
we don't expect but time after time, he tries to do that and fails miserably.
But that's just the thing. He's not supposed to do that. The fact that always has to keep trying to do that just highlights how awful our service has been. Let me put it this way. Someone like Amauri shouldn't be dribbling the ball in the first place. He should be somewhere around the penalty box looking for a good cross. The reason he goes out of his way to try to pull off a Maradona is because that cross he has been waiting 900 years for never came.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
But that's just the thing. He's not supposed to do that. The fact that always has to keep trying to do that just highlights how awful our service has been. Let me put it this way. Someone like Amauri shouldn't be dribbling the ball in the first place. He should be somewhere around the penalty box looking for a good cross. The reason he goes out of his way to try to pull off a Maradona is because that cross he has been waiting 900 years for never came.
someone like Amauri should be playing for Piacenza.

end of discussion.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No excuse works anymore when for a year and a half everyone is scoring but him. We obviously can't make everything click for him so why use him and why keep him?
The man scored 1 (one) goal in the last 38 serie A rounds and he's our first striker.

I wouldn't even try to defend him anymore.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
someone like Amauri should be playing for Piacenza.

end of discussion.
No excuse works anymore when for a year and a half everyone is scoring but him. We obviously can't make everything click for him so why use him and why keep him?
The man scored 1 (one) goal in the last 38 serie A rounds and he's our first striker.

:tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
This whole "Lack of determination" is utter bullshit. Just watch him play, he's obviously putting in effort.
I don't know about a lack of determination, but he isn't showing half the level of aggression he ought to as a target man.

He can't just let CBs brush him aside as they did for much of this game.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

That's just sad. Are you sure that's accurate? I thought he scored in a few games back to back mid season last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)