Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (16 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Wah-wah
sorry that you're such a great comedienne I missed your last two pages of posts that are obviously part of your set entitled PMT.
Eh, to me, when someone says that Villa is better than Amauri, it's basically like saying Paulaner is better than Coors Light. Of course it is better, anybody can tell you this. But if this logic is applied to one player than it should be for all, as in Del Piero and Messi.

This is what one calls parroting. You keep making the same noises as everyone has heard before. It adds nothing and doesn't resolve issues, like somebody is going to say no to David Villa over Amauri, right.

I equate this stuff to "my dad is better than your dad" talk. Everybody knows there are players better than Amauri, but nobody really makes an undeniable argument against the player except for statistics which do not tell the whole story. People who have seen us play regularly know we have been so poor in midfield even Villa wouldn't get enough of the ball to make a difference.

Yet people try to deny it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I don't have a love affair for Amauri, I actually criticized him in today's live thread.

I just hate parroting posters who only say " Del Piero is better than Amauri" and the like. You add NOTHING to conversation.

Again, no shit, tell us something we don't know.

I'm waiting.

But Amauri is unfairly targeted when we have the worst defense in the league with several folks' favorite player Canna at the helm and a non-existent midfield who can't even connect three passes together on a regular basis.

I don't defend Amauri because I think he's something decent, I defend him because the majority of this forum doesn't understand what this team's problem is.
Whats wrong with saying Del Piero is better than Amauri? Theres no harm in saying that

And also I think everyone on this forum with an ounce of sence knows exactly what is wrong with the club. And people are Naive if they think there is only one problem. The main problem is at the top, anyway, thats for another thread.

Sure Amauri is suffering because our wingbacks cant attack, and our midfield lack creativity. My argument is also that our Midfield is equally struggling because Amauri's movement is horrible. Amauri literally needs to be completely unmarked to score a goal, and our midfeild are certainly not miracle workers.

The whole team is imbalanced

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Amauri description on Juve website:

"Physical strength and Brazilian legs, possesses a devastating header and impossible to Mark on a one on one level, Amauri is one of the most complete international attackers. Very few are capable of completing the forward line like the Brazilian who is capable of holding on to the ball thanks to his excellent technical skills, making the team advance and be on time for goal scoring."

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Amauri description on Juve website:

"Physical strength and Brazilian legs, possesses a devastating header and impossible to Mark on a one on one level, Amauri is one of the most complete international attackers. Very few are capable of completing the forward line like the Brazilian who is capable of holding on to the ball thanks to his excellent technical skills, making the team advance and be on time for goal scoring."
:lol: is this Juve's attempt to make him more appealing to sell?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)