Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (93 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
really who are the players stuck on base?? who did let down exactly? are you saying our team would be better with david villa in front? coz if you are you really are clueless
Well, I'm pretty sure it would,
1. Having a player with bags of energy, speed and agression like Villa or Tevez would mean that they don't totally rely on the team as Amauri does, everyone defends him saying the team is shocking. Even Olic would be more useful.
2. Villa is a better player than Amauri, this would make our team better.
3. Villa's ability to make chances/goals out of nothing, amauri has to have it on his head in the box for anything to come from it.

I'm not hating on Amauri, this is just an resonable comparison.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The same could be said about Del Piero. Bring Maradona back, he'd score so many more goals than DP.

Of course Villa is better than Amauri, nobody is arguing that. My God folks here are braindead.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thanks to Legro being here and not Scirea, we will not win the CL. Thanks, Legro, you're an ass for not being Scirea, plus you suck since you can't be a libero (which we don't even use anyway).

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
then you havent been following the trends here, everytime we lose amauri thread is the first visited by hustini and his lackeys. Criticism is fine even if redundant but when, like andrew said, it follows an agenda then it is a travesty hence us calling hustini a joke.
Hustini has lackeys? Is there some sort of "Hustini system" in place here? Has he recently purchased any Swiss SIM cards?

It's a little hot in this herrrre thread. It's been a terrible season for all, and the frustration is coming to a boil - 4th place is looking bleak.

Amauri doesn't deserve all of the criticism he gets, but he hasn't come close to living up to the 24M euro billing, either (of course, it's not Amauri's fault that our board is inept - he was obviously never worth 24M euro).

Our entire system is clearly broken, so lets try and fix the infrastructure before simply jettisoning a player for roughly half the fee we paid for him (not 2 full years ago).

It should probably be Iaquinta who goes... and as hard as it is for me to say, I feel like Trezzie the Lezzie's time might be up as well.

I would love to keep David - with proper service, he'll be able to effectively poach for another few years - but given his salary, I wouldn't be surprised if the business side wins out, and we invest in a young stud.

Fuck do we need defenders...

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
We would also be a better team, it's obvious a work horse is more benefical to have in a shit team than an almost completely dependant target man/poacher.
You're comparing almost two completely contrasting positions.
If Deneb was saying Fabiano or Berbatov then I'm pretty sire I'd share his point of view.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Amauri is pathetic, I dont know why people are even dabating against this. Amauri doesn't score because he isn't intelligent enough to get into the right positions. Then when miraculously he gets a chance he screws it up. He dwells on the ball for far to long, he's incapable of shooting from distance seemingly, he cant take a man on. The guy actually has nothing going for him. Any striker that can have a 9 month goal drought should be a defender. Also he clearly cant defend as we saw last night.

O yes, he's so excellent in the air that when ever we clear the ball up field and expect him to know a ball down he either:
1. Loses the header.
2. Concedes a freekick for basically having sex with his marker, then throws an 'Amauri Sulk' usually throwing his hands in the air and shouting at the referee and plays the victim.
3. Is offside

Terrible player, let him play CL football next year with Palermo.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
No Blondu I don't, Deneb said we wouldn't be a better team I'm just saying why we would. Not why we will be, why we are going to be, but why we would.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
oh trez and ronaldo, accompanied by roby carlos...i'm sure gonna follow the south american football more often next season if david goes there.. Anyway about amauri. He's always been alone with 2cb's on his back. Playin with one striker is more stupid that playing with 3cbs. Hell we have 5 of them, barca has 2.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Trez should leave for Muller. Gerd Muller.
That's ridiculous, Andy. Muller doesn't play anymore... jeez. But here's the next best thing...

From Wiki:

Ali Ngon Gerba (pronounced /ʒɛrbɑ/) (born July 27, 1982 in Yaoundé) is a Cameroonian-born Canadian soccer player who is currently without a club.
Due to his impressive national team goalscoring record, the much-travelled Gerba is affectionately known as the Canadian Gerd Muller.

And the best part is, TFC just cut him recently, so I'm thinking our board could close the deal
:sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)